• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas General Discussion

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Hi, old home.

So many new faces and I see none of the old faces. o_o

What happened around here haha?

Strawhat64

Smash Ace
haha the opposite. I find it not hard but annoying. Not fun at all. Imo the least fun matches are against opponents that are hard for us to catch or that we have to chase constantly.

The matchup isn't that bad, probably even because they have gimmicks that can mess us up off the stage.

How to beat Pit:
1. learn their shooting arrow habits. Alot of them will shoot arrows if the spacing is right. For example, many of them camp the edge and hop up and shoot an arrow. Bait this(act like you are gonna run toward them but really be ready to absorb it). This will do alot of things for the match. It will give you health and mess with the Pit players mentality. They will be off there arrow game and this is a major part of most of the pit players' strategy.

2. Make sure you master recovering against them. If you see them jump to a certain space aim your recovery around them. This requires mastery of your pk thunder.

3. When you are in kill % watch out for their kill moves. They like to use back air alot. If you see their back is turned to u, u know what they are aiming for. Adjust accordingly. This is just one example of reading your opponent. Learn character general habits and then of course also focus on the player's specific habits. Watch out for fair too, but most of the time if you have survived to a high % this is stale. They like to use this move alot (see number 4).

4. Master how to beat them once u get inside. Pit has some quick moves. His down smash or forward smash are very fast. They like to spam these moves right when they land and are close to u. Bait this and punish accordingly. They also like their uptilt. This move baited can lead to a free dair. Dair gives heavy % and can lead to a potential jab lock.
Ahhh...the *Fawk, I can't time out this kid because he is absorbing my arrow and now have to be aggro or something." Pit strategy....nicely well done.

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
Ive been getting pit practice with kiraflax (#2 pit but a lot of us know hes #1!) :) last time i played him was last weekend for our az tournament and got to 2-1 so im proud of that! ill try to save more vids and upload

:phone:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I took a hiatus from smash and literally stopped playing for months due to theatre, graduating, and DGames(where I usually post). However I am moving to CO and getting back into smash.

And hello new people! How are you all?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Yeah, I just got way too busy and smash just became a really low priority. When I go to CO I might be a full Lucas main or stick with Peach and use Lucas or the MUs I like.

Then again, I'm crazy and think Snake is a fun MU even though it's near impossible.

Oh and rPSI posting is cool. Remember when it was pretty much us two running the whole thing here? XD

Strawhat64

Smash Ace
Yeah, I just got way too busy and smash just became a really low priority. When I go to CO I might be a full Lucas main or stick with Peach and use Lucas or the MUs I like.

Then again, I'm crazy and think Snake is a fun MU even though it's near impossible.

Oh and rPSI posting is cool. Remember when it was pretty much us two running the whole thing here? XD

up-smashing a spot-doge happy snake is also fun book to read.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Seems so KK haha.

Killing anyone with a Lucas Usmash is an amazing feeling because of how rare it is.

D

Deleted member 189823

if u dont know wat your doin in the lucas social boards then u r only wastin mie tiem

Joaco

Triforce of Wisdom
NNID
JoacoRyu8
Mother 3's story is like Argentina's in 1975-95

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Ahhh...the *Fawk, I can't time out this kid because he is absorbing my arrow and now have to be aggro or something." Pit strategy....nicely well done.
Exactly bro...think of a generic strategy for every character.
For example, alot of falco's are arrow happy when the match first starts. Play dumb and let them hit you with arrow until you are around 30%. This way they can't chain grab u:bee:

Then when u are around 60% start reading their arrows and absorbing them(like alot of them do that cool double laser thingy on the ledge lol). But remember to try and stay out of the chain grab% range.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I know I've only just swept by here, but I'm gonna stick around for a bit. Gonna learn me a bit of Lucas and whatnot so it'll help to be around.

While I'm at it, I know I just got here, but if you guys haven't yet, do you think you'd be able to check out the BBR interview thread? I'd appreciate it if I could get your vote: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=14630694

:applejack:

Strawhat64

Smash Ace
Exactly bro...think of a generic strategy for every character.
For example, alot of falco's are arrow happy when the match first starts. Play dumb and let them hit you with arrow until you are around 30%. This way they can't chain grab u:bee:

Then when u are around 60% start reading their arrows and absorbing them(like alot of them do that cool double laser thingy on the ledge lol). But remember to try and stay out of the chain grab% range.
You threw me off with "Falco" there buddy...
I didn't knew that pit has a CG on Lucas though...
But I'll keep this mind, thanks :D

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Haha if you are playing Lucas, just learn to avoid grabs in general because a good majority of the characters have something on him if he gets grabbed. Just some have Chain-grabs which are a paaaaain.

T-block

B2B TST
I know I've only just swept by here, but I'm gonna stick around for a bit. Gonna learn me a bit of Lucas and whatnot so it'll help to be around.

While I'm at it, I know I just got here, but if you guys haven't yet, do you think you'd be able to check out the BBR interview thread? I'd appreciate it if I could get your vote: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=14630694

:applejack:
lol nice campaigning

i wonder if you actually wanna play lucas :awesome:

Haha if you are playing Lucas, just learn to avoid grabs in general because a good majority of the characters have something on him if he gets grabbed. Just some have Chain-grabs which are a paaaaain.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I forgot TB frequented the Lucas Boards.

I also laughed when they put that picture as my name thing in the interview thread. I was hoping for something cooler. =[

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You can ask anyone in SA, T-Block. I've been playing more Lucas, and I used him for 50% of a tournament we had in town over here. :applejack:

KoozyK

Smash Ace
If I recall correctly, when we get grabbed at 0% by Pit he has fthrow > fthrow > fthrow > small step fsmash.
thats right, but they can also combo: buffered.dash attack > utilt after the fthrows which does more.
I think. not sure entirely sure where i read that a while ago

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Does anyone have advice on the GaW MU? There's a very good one in my region and I don't know what to do against Bair and Dair..

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Just a question, is it just me or is the Lucas vs Pit MU easy and fun?
Goodness! Yep, it's just you man! Mekos spelled it out a couple of pages ago. They spam arrows when you're away, they spam smashes when you're close. I never have enough time to do anything in between dodging their arrows and their Fsmash. Invisi is good and knows his stuff, i'll be playing with him next tourny hopefully and can get my revenge... :evil:

Top Bottom