• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas General Discussion

Mad Duck

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone have advice on the GaW MU? There's a very good one in my region and I don't know what to do against Bair and Dair..
If they get Dair spammy from very high,try to predict it's land and U Smash.
Try to bait PKFs so they'll use the bucket and you can punish.

This is what I learned,GaW is tough for me too.....

Jamwa

Smash Champion
What the **adw*uyd(*&!*#& splice dogged me, he put me against tibs. Now i have to beat invisi

IVE PLAYED AGAINST PIT ONCE

EDIT: THIS FORUM WILL NOT LET ME CAPS LOCK SO KNOW THAT WHEN YOU READ THIS, IMAGINE A SCREAMING VOICE IN UR HEAD

Edit no.2: it let me :)

how much lucas experience does invisi have against lucas? like what tricks/gimmicks will he be expecting?

okay im super nervous now so im watchign invisi vs luco tons haha

ive seen enough; strategy devised = camp with pk fire, absorb/reflect mixups. rising dairs, never falling as uair beats it and utilt. retreating nairs to prevent barrel roll approaches. pivot grab dash attack. uair juggs. dont di into arrows. SDI fsmash (which i wont) behind pit. SDI usmash below pit.

Got my friends ssbb disc back and have his wii too so i can play some people now coz im supa anxious (or just cold and jumpy) will upload FC soon.
4210-9165-7188

Jamwa

Smash Champion
He is a diddy kong player, ranked 3 on our PR. thing is, i have no mu experience verse diddy :(
hes brothers with atilla, ranked 1 on our PR

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
I think tibs is third, that might be outdated. afropony hasnt played in a year haha.

im free tomorrow at 5:30pm onwards (melbourne time)
This site is up to date ;)

Alfropony may be the 2nd best but if he has not played then his ranking will drop.

I'll be ready by then son, I can try to use pit if it makes you want prac or ask Luxingo he plays wi-fi and uses pit.

Hyped for Lucas clones :3

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
What the **adw*uyd(*&!*#& splice dogged me, he put me against tibs. Now i have to beat invisi

IVE PLAYED AGAINST PIT ONCE

EDIT: THIS FORUM WILL NOT LET ME CAPS LOCK SO KNOW THAT WHEN YOU READ THIS, IMAGINE A SCREAMING VOICE IN UR HEAD

Edit no.2: it let me :)

how much lucas experience does invisi have against lucas? like what tricks/gimmicks will he be expecting?

okay im super nervous now so im watchign invisi vs luco tons haha

ive seen enough; strategy devised = camp with pk fire, absorb/reflect mixups. rising dairs, never falling as uair beats it and utilt. retreating nairs to prevent barrel roll approaches. pivot grab dash attack. uair juggs. dont di into arrows. SDI fsmash (which i wont) behind pit. SDI usmash below pit.

Got my friends ssbb disc back and have his wii too so i can play some people now coz im supa anxious (or just cold and jumpy) will upload FC soon.
4210-9165-7188
Yeah invisi knows my Lucas tricks. But I use tilts more often than smashes so my advice is...

Hit 'im with a smash attack!

Incorporate your own strategy in to it so that you're not too predictable. If your playstyle is a bit different from mine that's ok as well. Remember to get mindgamey and don't think rolling past his arrows to get to him is a good idea; he just Fsmashes you out before you can do anything.

In any case, if you beat him it is soooooooo on. :p

And LOL at Ryukario mentioning me as a controller of the thread. ^_^ I post here a bit but i'm still the new guy! :p

In any case, it's nice to see so much activity here nowadays! I don't need to worry about the thread stopping because of people like Espy, TB, mad duck and of course my fellow aussies. The rest of the Lucas mains here have been here for ages and don't need mentioning. They know who they are. :)

Jamwa

Smash Champion
I never roll unless its away, and a SH airdodge is much better anyway. Just discovered it and its so fun + awesome. Too bad ness cant SH airdodge as low as lucas :(, hed be soo much better if he could

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Still havent got C-Bouncing down :(
Its not that necessary though, the only thing i'd find it useful for for is the wavebounced zap jump>magnet pull, that ledge mindgame FAE invented (wavebounced pkfire, magnet pull, zap jump, reverse magnet) and defensive pk fires straight out of running

And BC we gotta verse some time, i can just see how intense our matches will be :p

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
lol well if you do FAE why do I do PK freeze sometimes? I causes SD's and idk how I even do it worth the B-stick.

Hopefully Next year Jamwa, one of us will be 18 so we can go interstate(most likely will end up being me haha)

FightAdamantEevee

Smash Lord
You mean you accidentally PK Freeze with the Bstick? If so then it's cause you're not pushing the Cstick as far as it can go (until it hits the side). If you're Bsticking and you only push the Cstick like halfway in any direction you'll do a PK Freeze. If you push it all the way you'll get the directional specials. Lol I used to SD a lot that way too when I tried to Zap Jump to recover until I found out why it was happening

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Had a friend over at 8 haha, he lives 2 mins away from me and he just left
wish me luck at ACL tomorrow ^ ^ once i get out of pools im going to get bracket *****.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
So I was up against Jei [Pit, on our PR], Tibs [Diddy, 2nd in aus], Sebby (my best friend, how lame.. + he plays mk) and Invisi [Pit] in pools. I lost 2-0 to Jei, went 1-1 with Tibs as he tried to fair me too far off stage and died last stock lol, lost 2-0 against Sebby and beat Invisi 2-0. first 4 got through pools, as it was a really small turnout and there was only 4 pools.

I was put up against Earl [Mk, 3rd in aus] 1st round haha. I got one stock off him in each game which is an improvement from the last time i played against him :) it was 2-0 though. In loser's brackets I was to play CAL who went DK against me. I won 2-1. He killed me every time by grabbing me till 120% then dsmash -_-. Then i versed a MK who 2-0'd me, but i did get him down to one stock with Lucas. he 2 stocked me with Ness :/

I came 9th in a tournament of 16-20 after pools, alongside Sebby

I also played project m and lucas and ness are actually really good :)

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Well it sounds like you at least had fun at the tournament and that's really cool that you stuck with Lucas throughout the entire thing. Sucks about the DK thing but hey, at least you still one that one.

Sucks getting bracket ***** haha. I remember I got put up against M2K in the second/third round of winners bracket at MLG DC. That was not fun at all haha.

I also loved Project M when I tried it one time. I ended up still using Peach. xD

Though I don't know who I plan to use in the CO smash scene I just arrived on. Lucas or Peach. It's always such a hard dilemma for me.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
hm yeah i always have fun, i dont really play to win but play to get better so i can verse more people. i do feel that cg's make it boring and detract from the purpose of the game. :/

Project M is new and weird for me, when melee came out i was too young to 'know' how to play it. so when i tried this game i had no clue about L cancelling and wavedashing. Ness' spike, psi thunder and psi thunder are alot better, and lucas' new moveset its pretty cool :)

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Wow, whut, you beat Cal with Lucas?

I guess he thought your Lucas would be as free as BC's.

I pick Dedede vs Cal now, he infinites people without remorse, so I do it to him.

No skill = lol.

Top Bottom