• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucario "whatever" thread

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
You didn't say against MK.

And actually I did gimp a MK once. It was neat. :3

And this defensive method pressured a MK into Nado spam out of pure Sonic-y terror. :3 Or he was just frustrated none of his approaches were all that effective.

Azen Zagenite

Smash Champion
=^_^=

Sometimes I think one of my other characters finally surpasses my Lucario, but then I go back and use Lucario and **** **** lollz. I hope Lucario stays my best forever, <3 Lucario!

Timbers

check me out
Sirlin.net said:
Giving the opponent brick walls to deal with before engaging in actual combat is a way to bide your time, waiting for the opponent to defeat himself. Not all walls must be broken down. For example, an opponent faced with my “jumping straight up and down Zangief” could simply decide to back off and wait. What he might not realize is that I have unlimited patience. Since my brick wall in this case is keeping me even (I’m not falling behind) I’m happy to do it forever, which is probably much longer than he’s willing to avoid the battle. Most opponents lack the will to avoid battle forever, and will eventually enter into it at a disadvantage out of impatience. Whether the opponent attempts to break down the wall or not, he is all the while susceptible to error. His patience is sapped and in all likelihood, he’ll open himself up to attack through hasty desperation. It’s for this reason that the ability of the “brick wall” tactic to do actual damage is far less important than how solid it is. The more solid (even if doesn’t damage the opponent, but merely stands in his way), the more frustrated the opponent, and the more likely for him to make the fatal mistake I was waiting for the whole time.
or for Lucario terms, it's basically pocketing auraspheres and firing them when you think it will force the opponent into a poor position, while threatening with fsmash, ftilt, bair, and fair.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Hey, Phil Nye, here's some science for ya:

In Japanese, Lucario's movie title is translated to "Mew And The Wave-Guiding hero".

This is because of the common Japanese philosophy that everything in the world gives off waves.

In Science, Everything in the world vibrates, so, theoretically, they probably give off waves. If one was able to control (Guide) these waves, maybe one could command a force similar to "Aura".

At a (long) stretch, Lucario's power is scientifically supported...

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master

In Japanese, Lucario's movie title is translated to "Mew And The Wave-Guiding hero".

This is because of the common Japanese philosophy that everything in the world gives off waves.

In Science, Everything in the world vibrates, so, theoretically, they probably give off waves. If one was able to control (Guide) these waves, maybe one could command a force similar to "Aura".

At a (long) stretch, Lucario's power is scientifically supported,
Tesla FTW.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Hmm? Nikola Tesla? Is he the one who came up with the "Everything Vibrates" Theory?
He's the one rumored to have destroyed his own research facility with a simple, small, ocelating device. I think it goes beyond "eveything vibrates."

EDIT: Anyhow, back to tactics, as Tesla tells us to ocelate between waves of spam and focus. Anyone notice how easy it is to punish people when you throw an aura sphere and chase it? This is especially true after a B-throw. It's like they know to dodge the arua sphere, but can't respond to Lucario so soon after it.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
I see.

Anyway, interestingly enough, this "Everything Vibrates" Principle also supports Psychic Powers...

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
lol string theory

Lucario is a quantam physicist omg
I see.

Anyway, interestingly enough, this "Everything Vibrates" Principle also supports Psychic Powers...
No.

This is the Telsa stuff in practice, and it has more to do with (relatively) easily calculatable physical phenominon than psychic powers and string theory. I don't think it has anything to do with Lucario's powers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1O2jcfOylU

There was another example on Myth-busters of the principle that when objects experience certain critical wavelengths, the energy of each wave would be increased over a period of time until a maximum ocilation occured or the object breaks, but I can't find it on youtube today.

And Fair is too fun.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
I was wondering why the hell he said "String Theory", too. What does string theory have to do with this?...Other than the fact that the "Strings" vibrate...

<insert comment on Lucario's moveset here.>

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I'd have to recheck the Azen vids, but when an opponent is recovering he seems to like to feint a short-hopped Fair and follow it by charging F-smash. Seemed useful.

I noticed that M2K seems to like consistently doing a different attack every time he approaches. This might be useful as well.

Teslis

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
or for Lucario terms, it's basically pocketing auraspheres and firing them when you think it will force the opponent into a poor position, while threatening with fsmash, ftilt, bair, and fair.
I'll try that next time. Oddly enough, I rarely encounter MKs... I want more practice against 'em!
Whenever I use Fsmash against a MK though, they always jump over it and punish. Maybe I should only use it once they commit to an attack?

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
♥This could help stop the boards from getting cluttered. ;)

♥But some fragments of history are just not meant to be repeated. ;)

tedward2000

Smash Champion
♥This could help stop the boards from getting cluttered. ;)

♥But some fragments of history are just not meant to be repeated. ;)
Which was the original reason for the first one.

But, we are crumbling too much anyways, so bringing how the first chat room was, will be nie Impossible, with the IRC and all.

and yes, something aren't meant to happen twice.
-t2

phi1ny3

Not the Mama

At a (long) stretch, Lucario's power is scientifically supported...
By all means, yes, Nikola Tesla approves! So does that means that Lucario's aura's amplitude is proportionate to the change of pressure during an oscillation? equation:
x = Asin(t-K)+b, where A = amplitude of the wave.

~Peachy~

Which was the original reason for the first one.

But, we are crumbling too much anyways, so bringing how the first chat room was, will be nie Impossible, with the IRC and all.

and yes, something aren't meant to happen twice.
-t2
♥Here's a suggestion, use a chat room or make your own special Lucario forums ?( separate from this one)

♥Hmmmmm... but didn't you guys do that already? ;)

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Peachy likes to hate on Lucarioses.:(

I've always thought of aura as sort of a "force of will" energy. Psychic sounds more like the wave-manipulation thing, but then..... the Japanese made him...

BrawLBlazer

Smash Journeyman
The only reason I dislike Lucario because of his slow smashes and his damage depends on how powerful he is.

~Peachy~

Peachy likes to hate on Lucarioses.:(

I've always thought of aura as sort of a "force of will" energy. Psychic sounds more like the wave-manipulation thing, but then..... the Japanese made him...
♥Don't worry, I don't hate you guys. ^__^

♥Unless you want me to. ;)

Browny

Smash Hater
By all means, yes, Nikola Tesla approves! So does that means that Lucario's aura's amplitude is proportionate to the change of pressure during an oscillation? equation:
x = Asin(t-K)+b, where A = amplitude of the wave.
lucarios aura isnt a harmonic function...

If anything, he manipulates E-M fields in order to guide these waves (assuming waves are behaving as particles here). So hes like Magneto. lulz

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
New Theory: Lucario is a surfer, and he surfs so much that the fire coming from his hands turned blue. Hence the term "wave-guiding hero"

Next topic plz.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I like that explanation. Rob Slater approves of the radical explanation!
Still, the attributes of liquid wave motion can be compared to harmonic waves in certain instances.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
♥Here's a suggestion, use a chat room or make your own special Lucario forums ?( separate from this one)

♥Hmmmmm... but didn't you guys do that already? ;)
Well.... someone did make a separate forum just lucario. But then theres like no random ppl coming in from other boards.

Plus we can't bash Ike's if theres none to come back and be stupid, only making it funnier.

And there is a chat room, the IRC. But sadly that is also falling apart.
Why is everything lucario falling apart!?!?
-t2

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
It's not falling apart. I think ppl are just busy temporarily. College ppl have midterms and such now.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
The Aura is a completely spiritual concept. He is using his willpower to carry him through the battle. His classification in the Pokedex is Perseverance.

Also, some moves aren't reliant on your damage. Besides, you shouldn't be trying to get hit. You should racking up the damage so that when you're eventually hit, you kill easier. Moves not reliant: Pratfall attack, Dash Attack, bThrow, dThrow. bThrow is your best kill move with low Aura, I believe.

We should talk about our Luc strategies here. Our toughest matchups and how we overcome them.

I had trouble with Marth. A lot. Mainly it was because I tried to space fSmash a lot. Well, I figured out that in order to defeat Marth, I have to rush in close enough so that no attacks tipper. What I do is I rush in, shield, then grab. Sometimes I'll mix it up by rushing in and using FPG. Lucario also beats Marth on platforms. Jump-cancelled dAir hits Marth in the head on Battlefield.

In any event, there are 3 top Marths in my area: Moses, Orlando, and Derek. I've beaten Moses and Orlando so far. Almost beat Derek (he's the best player in Ottawa).

So, just practice a lot of different strategies, and you'll overcome those tough matchups.

Let's keep this on the topic of Lucario, even just random things we've done with him. I don't want this closed again.

P.S.: If you have an IRC client installed, click "Lucario" in my sig.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Ironicly, I have found Captain Falcon really hard.
(Which this saying was back when I had my wii.)

Yes yes, he has little priority and what not. But people take him for granted, and undermine him.
Well also, the CF I play like reads you like a book with in the first few seconds of the match, so that is a huge factor with it. XD

and Marth is a pain. ( no input atm)
-t2

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
You know, I can't figure out why there aren't any Marth players that can use ISJR. Fair is already hard to punish, an infinite Fair wall would be insane, especially with typical Marth tactics woven in.

Top Bottom