• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucario "whatever" thread

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
You know, I can't figure out why there aren't any Marth players that can use ISJR. Fair is already hard to punish, an infinite Fair wall would be insane, especially with typical Marth tactics woven in.
Probably because the timing has to be correct to a single frame, right? That's just... completely unreliable.

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
♥Have any of you been to the Sonic Boards? ;)

♥They're even worse than you guys.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
You know, I can't figure out why there aren't any Marth players that can use ISJR. Fair is already hard to punish, an infinite Fair wall would be insane, especially with typical Marth tactics woven in.
Because it's not too safe on block, it has to be done to the frame, and fair needs to be used not haphazardly for marths, imo.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Well, aren't these character boards (Lucario's) the friendliest out of all of them?

We basically turned our "Chatroom Thread" into a general lobby where you talk about anything.

Which was okay.

Until MLG decided to make things game-related only.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I guess you're right, phil. Actually, what surprises me is that there isn't 1 Marth that can do it, more than Marths don't use the trick in general. With so many things in melee in which only a few frames were granted that everybody knew, I kinda expected a couple people to learn the timing for ISJR after a few months.

By the way, huge Lucario v. Sonic discussion going on:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=184667&page=138

tedward2000

Smash Champion
where, that link led me no where but to a bunch of mindless rabeling.

Rable Rable.
-t2

DDM

Smash Journeyman
where, that link led me no where but to a bunch of mindless rabeling.

Rable Rable.
-t2
The entire Sonic forum is a bunch of mindless rabble.

Anyway, in terms of the Lucario vs. Sonic matchup, there's only one way to find out, and that's to play it.

Translation: Lucario mains are welcome to add my freaking Brawl code. Pretty much anyone on these boards who's not a 9-year-old kid can add my freaking Brawl code.

(Yeah, so I've posted the same thing in the Sonic, Bowser, Game & Watch, and Lucas boards. So what?)

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
The entire Sonic forum is a bunch of mindless rabble.

Anyway, in terms of the Lucario vs. Sonic matchup, there's only one way to find out, and that's to play it.

Translation: Lucario mains are welcome to add my freaking Brawl code. Pretty much anyone on these boards who's not a 9-year-old kid can add my freaking Brawl code.

(Yeah, so I've posted the same thing in the Sonic, Bowser, Game & Watch, and Lucas boards. So what?)
Lucario is one of Sonic's worst matchups. You sure you want to do this?

DDM

Smash Journeyman
Lucario is one of Sonic's worst matchups. You sure you want to do this?
According to the other Sonic players, EVERYONE is a bad matchup for Sonic. Plus, I'm not playing for money, so why the hell not? What doesn't kill us only stains our underwear. (line ripped off from Road Rash 3D) Bring it. Worst that can happen is I get my @$$ kicked.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
What if I said that Lucario sucks? Will that get a rise out of someone?
Oddly, no. Not even in the "Mewtwo is better than Lucario" discussion will you get a rise out of someone here.

But if you are going to make that, please do it in a seperate thread. It will dominate discussion too much if you do it in this thread, and that debate can't be resolved quickly.

DDM

Smash Journeyman
Nope, not going to make that. Could care less about Mewtwo. Or Lucario, really. Just wanted to get a match from some serious mainers of characters that aren't Fox, Falco, or Peach, and the "FriendFinder is down" topic is full of kids and n00bs.

Anyway, I'll leave it at that.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Nope, not going to make that. Could care less about Mewtwo. Or Lucario, really. Just wanted to get a match from some serious mainers of characters that aren't Fox, Falco, or Peach, and the "FriendFinder is down" topic is full of kids and n00bs.

Anyway, I'll leave it at that.
Heh, I was just about to say something else. But you did ask for a match from one of us.

So, Im going to put a end to this saying "Cario's better then Sonic" (and vice versa) Talk.
Until, DDM gets his matches and is proved elsewise.

So stop bickering, and brawl already.
This goes for both Lucario's and Sonic's.
-t2

Linkshot

Smash Hero
._. I just saw a post in SSB4 Discussion that states the poster wants Sonic removed and no new 3rd Parties added. Also, I bit somebody in the ***. He said "Once an Assist Trophy, always one."

"Hey, wait, go back to SSB64. Who just came out of the Pokeball? OH IT'S CHARIZARD! Yeah. Stuff it."

tedward2000

Smash Champion
in SSB4, Excite-a-bike and Advanced Wars Units will be playable characters.

I think we all just cried a little.
-t2

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Omg guys I just had a learning jump! Epic edgeguarding skills were suddenly thrust on me! 1-3 Fairs knocks 'em out there then I edgehog, and dangling some Dairs over an opponent on the ledge works really well.:laugh: Still have to work extreme hogging into my game though =/. I'm very happy right now....:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Nah. We just reformed slightly. Got to work on matchups and stuff. The chat room is still spammy but it just happened to appear at the right time to SEEM like the reason we stopped spamming so much. I think......

Who knows really?.....

Also Gimpy doesn't like Lucario OR Sonic. Well. He said Sonic USED to be cool. And that Lucario wasn't cool. Trapt or any other SMYN listeners wanna back me up on that?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
what about Marth?

Marth is black on you character matchup discussion and every Sonic i play complains about how much Lucario ***** Sonic...
Marth should be Red, both boards agreed that he is at a 65:35 advantage. With that ratio in mind, characters are only blackened if they are worse than or equal to 70:30.

Even then, because it's freaking Sonic, it's still more player-dependent.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Sonic ignores tiers. ^_^ That's why his spot doesn't bother me much anymore.....

Lucario doesn't **** Sonic IMO. He does have an advantage though.... maybe 65:35 Lucario? I'm more inclined to say 60:40 Lucario but I haven't actually played many good ones. Just like.. above average so my judgment is clouded. Personal bias and what not.

When the Sonic boards get to the Lucario matchup I'll let you know so we can have a great big flamefest. Oughtta get our steaks nice and cooked. ^_^

He's the VERY last one though so it could take a while.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I was about to say, Lucario is dead last on our matchup list...as Sonic is on your guys' matchup thread.

...d***it, they're gonna start saying BS like how chocolate > Steak again! :(

However I do think that it will be 60:40 Lucario at best, Sonic doesn't have a bunch of killmoves, and that's a problem when Lucario is high in damage and has the Aura.

But yeah, I'll get more specific when the time calls.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Nah that's just you. I actually kinda like pokemon stadium because while it can block spammy projectiles (pit that mofo), aura sphere is chargable and can be used whenever you like. I don't normally use arua sphere to camp anyways. I just chuck one in there mid range and it screws 'em big time. Sometimes I camp though.... sometimes....

...But imagine..... our blue fire with your steak? We could each become god tier!

DDM

Smash Journeyman
Nah that's just you. I actually kinda like pokemon stadium because while it can block spammy projectiles (pit that mofo), aura sphere is chargable and can be used whenever you like. I don't normally use arua sphere to camp anyways. I just chuck one in there mid range and it screws 'em big time. Sometimes I camp though.... sometimes....

...But imagine..... our blue fire with your steak? We could each become god tier!
Wow, you hate Pit too?

This is the kind of thing that could unite us! With the powers of your chocolate and our steak, they could combine to bring well-deserved doom to all things Pit! Then we will forever live in peace in a world without hiyiyiya! hiyiyiya! hiyiyiya! hiyiyiya! hiyiyiya!...

[/******** monologue]

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
Pit is an interesting match. Lucario needs very tight spacing, but I think he has the advantage overall. I haven't played a Pit for so long though, he completely dropped off the map in Norcal.

Top Bottom