• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Link Boards Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

numonezeldafan

Smash Cadet
Ew.

You beat me as Numero Uno LoZ fan if you've beaten the CD -i ones....

Ew.... I refused to play it almost immediatly after picking it up.

Now the question is if you've memorized more entirely useless information like I have. (Seriously useless. Like the names to the bosses in LoZ: A Link to the Past)

Trinexx is my favorite boss.

:mewtwo:
haha as tied with OOT for my fav game in the series, i most definetly have!!!! Im the freak nut job that memorized how to get every bottle, item, heart piece skultula in both OOT/ATTP!!! however, majoras mask is the one i must admit, i know almost nothing about(besides the cd i ones).. i only beat it once and cant really remember that game...

SuSa

Banned via Administration
haha as tied with OOT for my fav game in the series, i most definetly have!!!! Im the freak nut job that memorized how to get every bottle, item, heart piece skultula in both OOT/ATTP!!! however, majoras mask is the one i must admit, i know almost nothing about(besides the cd i ones).. i only beat it once and cant really remember that game...
I've beaten all but Twlight Princess (got to the 7nth technique, lent it to a friend, and he sort of... lost it..) on the GC, so I bought the GC + the Wii one.

Beat the GC one, and now I'm working on the Wii.

I'm such a nut I bought the same game twice (because the Wii is a flipped version of the GC)

I've also memorized every bottle, item, mask, skultula, boss name, boss order, shortcuts (some places have shortcuts =p), side quest, sub boss, and town name.

From every single one (besides the horrid cd i)

I've also beaten all (but TP so far...) 5+ times.

I'm a walking LoZ guide. :laugh:

numonezeldafan

Smash Cadet
as being new to these boards, ill just share my opinion on the top two on the list thar... *note* this was only on wifi... When i played deva, he just simply amazed me... i could not touch the guy!!!! Im pretty sure he 2-stocked me at least 2 or 3 times outta the five games we played. Deva is definetly worthy of the top spot, and obviosly his tourny record doesnt argue against that!!! However my last encounter with Legan was purely magical... I was beyond amazed... Although i did a tad better against legan(I fluked out and beat him once outta five lol), I still to this day cannot believe what i experience... Legan pushes Link to the limit, he wants those amazing combos/kills more than anybody i have seen... I mean WOW I cannot even begin to name all the crazy **** he was pulling against me, his advanced tech usage and timing is amazing... he is just so unpredictable and is my inspiration for maining link!!! I am by no means up his butt or anything!! lol I just think Legan is more deserving of Top link spot based on how he pushes link to the limit and is always thinking of new stuff with link!!! He is a bit more reckless, but hell of alot more creative/technical IMO!!!

numonezeldafan

Smash Cadet
I've beaten all but Twlight Princess (got to the 7nth technique, lent it to a friend, and he sort of... lost it..) on the GC, so I bought the GC + the Wii one.

Beat the GC one, and now I'm working on the Wii.

I'm such a nut I bought the same game twice (because the Wii is a flipped version of the GC)

I've also memorized every bottle, item, mask, skultula, boss name, boss order, shortcuts (some places have shortcuts =p), side quest, sub boss, and town name.

From every single one (besides the horrid cd i)

I've also beaten all (but TP so far...) 5+ times.

I'm a walking LoZ guide. :laugh:

Good s*** man!!! us LOZ nerds need to stick together!!! lol you definetly have my respect for beating all "worthy" zelda games 5+ times!!! (DINT ever waste your life on cd i >.>) and good on ya to buy both versions!!!! The mirrored world makes in like two different games!! XD What more could anyone ask of nintendo!!! >.>

you do main link tho right??? i only ask this cuz i dont see you on that list!! lol if so, we gotta rumble some time!!!!

SuSa

Good s*** man!!! us LOZ nerds need to stick together!!! lol you definetly have my respect for beating all "worthy" zelda games 5+ times!!! (DINT ever waste your life on cd i >.>) and good on ya to buy both versions!!!! The mirrored world makes in like two different games!! XD What more could anyone ask of nintendo!!! >.>

you do main link tho right??? i only ask this cuz i dont see you on that list!! lol if so, we gotta rumble some time!!!!
Read the past few pages.

I main Random, which includes Link, but I don't feel a part of this community.

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman

If you're looking for Zelda fans, look no further.

99% of people who main Link in Brawl are hardcore Zelda fans, me included.
Also, since you'll be joining our community, would you like to be added to the tier list?

Finns7

Smash Ace
Havokk are u serious? The game wouldnt of been as good if he was. He was not made for it.

SuSa

When I play LoZ I expect my Zelda, my Link, and my Ganon to be in there somewhere.

I saw no Ganon, that was depressing. Also Fierce Diety Link sort of pissed me off, some of the masks were a little 'WTF?' (little big WTF) and bleh.

I liked it, I beat it 5 times, but it'll never replace OoT and LttP for me.

483 - Lvl 1 :mewtwo:

numonezeldafan

Smash Cadet
When I play LoZ I expect my Zelda, my Link, and my Ganon to be in there somewhere.

I saw no Ganon, that was depressing. Also Fierce Diety Link sort of pissed me off, some of the masks were a little 'WTF?' (little big WTF) and bleh.

I liked it, I beat it 5 times, but it'll never replace OoT and LttP for me.

483 - Lvl 1 :mewtwo:
Couldnt agree more!!! when i played four swords only to find out ganon was not included... I was irate!!! XD

and sup wafflez!!! id love to be added!!! how would we go about determining where i stand????

Linkforce

Smash Apprentice
D=...

I thought Majora's Mask was a pretty innovative Zelda game for its time. Since it was time based, its kept me on my toes more than any other Zelda game did =/.

I mean come on: time based events that trigger one another either negatively or positively, the pressure of not only solving puzzles in a dungeon, but solving them before its too late (which actually makes sense).

Seriously, its a step up from just going to said place to solve said puzzle with all the time in the world, knowing NOTHING would happen if you didn't do it. In MM, if you didn't do something in time somewhere, something WOULD happen.

You can't tell me thats not epic >.>. Screw Ganon.

Legan

Smash Lord
as being new to these boards, ill just share my opinion on the top two on the list thar... *note* this was only on wifi... When i played deva, he just simply amazed me... i could not touch the guy!!!! Im pretty sure he 2-stocked me at least 2 or 3 times outta the five games we played. Deva is definetly worthy of the top spot, and obviosly his tourny record doesnt argue against that!!! However my last encounter with Legan was purely magical... I was beyond amazed... Although i did a tad better against legan(I fluked out and beat him once outta five lol), I still to this day cannot believe what i experience... Legan pushes Link to the limit, he wants those amazing combos/kills more than anybody i have seen... I mean WOW I cannot even begin to name all the crazy **** he was pulling against me, his advanced tech usage and timing is amazing... he is just so unpredictable and is my inspiration for maining link!!! I am by no means up his butt or anything!! lol I just think Legan is more deserving of Top link spot based on how he pushes link to the limit and is always thinking of new stuff with link!!! He is a bit more reckless, but hell of alot more creative/technical IMO!!!
Lol I love this kid, thanks bud, I had a great time playing with you as well. Unfortunately Creativity & technicality dont win tournaments lol. Deva can hold the top spot for now, hes definately earned it.

On a lighter note, me vs Arkive tommorow, oldschool link dittos :D

SuSa

D=...

I thought Majora's Mask was a pretty innovative Zelda game for its time. Since it was time based, its kept me on my toes more than any other Zelda game did =/.

I mean come on: time based events that trigger one another either negatively or positively, the pressure of not only solving puzzles in a dungeon, but solving them before its too late (which actually makes sense).

Seriously, its a step up from just going to said place to solve said puzzle with all the time in the world, knowing NOTHING would happen if you didn't do it. In MM, if you didn't do something in time somewhere, something WOULD happen.

You can't tell me thats not epic >.>. Screw Ganon.
Do speedruns, problem solved for time pressure.

@havokk and numonezeldafan: Ive beaten all 3D zeldas with 3 lives only.
I've been thinking of working on this.

But I'm also a Rupee fanatic. (In Twilight Princess, I bought the 100 Rupee Jar, and filled 1 jar with lanter oil, and filled my lanter (total: 140 rupees spent), and before I even got the Gale Boomerang, I had a full wallet (300 rupees)

So I'd totally accidently grab a heart container hoping that there was moneys instead. lol

1 :mewtwo: 470

I've been thinking of working on this.

But I'm also a Rupee fanatic. (In Twilight Princess, I bought the 100 Rupee Jar, and filled 1 jar with lanter oil, and filled my lanter (total: 140 rupees spent), and before I even got the Gale Boomerang, I had a full wallet (300 rupees)

So I'd totally accidently grab a heart container hoping that there was moneys instead. lol

1 :mewtwo: 470
lol, I did so to on my first game through, I just have to cut all grass I see, kill all enemies and smash all jars. Even though my wallet is filled I want to get more rupees.

But seriously its worth it, it actually makes you feel mortal and you start playing a bit more intelligent, like when you go to the dessert temple(I have NOT memorized all the names, lol) you do it on the night so you can take down the goblins one after one.

SuSa

lol, I did so to on my first game through, I just have to cut all grass I see, kill all enemies and smash all jars. Even though my wallet is filled I want to get more rupees.

But seriously its worth it, it actually makes you feel mortal and you start playing a bit more intelligent, like when you go to the dessert temple(I have NOT memorized all the names, lol) you do it on the night so you can take down the goblins one after one.
Yah, thats one thing I hate about LoZ.

Enemies are ********, or see you from 3300000 miles away (lol TP), barely do any damage (few exceptions), and are patheticly easy to beat.

I've beaten all the games with 10 hearts or less, but I haven't gotten 3 (I'd get frustrated sooooo much on some bosses. )

1 :mewtwo: 457

numonezeldafan

Smash Cadet
Lol I love this kid, thanks bud, I had a great time playing with you as well. Unfortunately Creativity & technicality dont win tournaments lol. Deva can hold the top spot for now, hes definately earned it.

On a lighter note, me vs Arkive tommorow, oldschool link dittos :D
Haha NP man!! ;) just stating the obvious!!! hopefully ill get a chance to play ya again in the near future... I understand you are wii-less ATM, so that might be tricky!! Try to take a vid of your match with arkive if you can!! should be a good one!!!

Yah, thats one thing I hate about LoZ.

Enemies are ********, or see you from 3300000 miles away (lol TP), barely do any damage (few exceptions), and are patheticly easy to beat.

I've beaten all the games with 10 hearts or less, but I haven't gotten 3 (I'd get frustrated sooooo much on some bosses. )

1 :mewtwo: 457
THIS is why the 2d zelda games present more of a challenge!!! The enemies are more ferocious and pose more of a threat... If anyone can beat the first LOZ game with just 3 hearts i will cry like a baby girl and tell my 75 year old grandma she is the hottest piece of *** i have ever seen!!! seriously, Mad props to anyone who can do this, you would have to know the game inside out... every enemy of every room of every dungeon. Now that i think about it, ATTP would be insanely hard as well!!

SuSa

Haha NP man!! ;) just stating the obvious!!! hopefully ill get a chance to play ya again in the near future... I understand you are wii-less ATM, so that might be tricky!! Try to take a vid of your match with arkive if you can!! should be a good one!!!

THIS is why the 2d zelda games present more of a challenge!!! The enemies are more ferocious and pose more of a threat... If anyone can beat the first LOZ game with just 3 hearts i will cry like a baby girl and tell my 75 year old grandma she is the hottest piece of *** i have ever seen!!! seriously, Mad props to anyone who can do this, you would have to know the game inside out... every enemy of every room of every dungeon. Now that i think about it, ATTP would be insanely hard as well!!
Oh, screw the dark world with 3 hearts.

That **** would be hard, I'd go insane trying to get past Level 7 in the Dark World.

I mean holy.... -_- I lose like 14 hearts there enough as it is, I couldn't imagine doing it with only 3...

Oddler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OddlerPro
There's actually a challenge if you go to the LoZ 1 boards at GameFAQS where they do it with three hearts and NO SWORD LOL. I'm a challenge junky and next time I play that I wanna try it out

numonezeldafan

Smash Cadet
There's actually a challenge if you go to the LoZ 1 boards at GameFAQS where they do it with three hearts and NO SWORD LOL. I'm a challenge junky and next time I play that I wanna try it out
How the **** do you beat it without a sword.

I could have sworn thats impossible at some parts.

1 :mewtwo: 413
lol WOW that is just... I have no words!!!! 3 hearts PLUS no sword????? OK... I need to go check this topic out... that is hardcore to thee extreme at its finest!!! and hey odd! hows that video guide of OOT you were starting going???

numonezeldafan

Smash Cadet
Oh, screw the dark world with 3 hearts.

That **** would be hard, I'd go insane trying to get past Level 7 in the Dark World.

I mean holy.... -_- I lose like 14 hearts there enough as it is, I couldn't imagine doing it with only 3...
hey man... you might know this cuz i dont:

in ATTP is it possible to do level 5 of the dark world before level 6??? I always need to get the cane from level 6 to past the last puzzle in level 5!!! i was just wondering if you knew of another way to do it??

Oddler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OddlerPro
lol WOW that is just... I have no words!!!! 3 hearts PLUS no sword????? OK... I need to go check this topic out... that is hardcore to thee extreme at its finest!!! and hey odd! hows that video guide of OOT you were starting going???
haha. Video recorder broke down at that OoT tournament we did. Just bought a new one and I'm gonna finish my Metal Gear Solid 2 playthrough and then Idk which playthrough of any Zelda game I'm gonna do first.

Btw, do you have the special edition master quest of OoT? I think I might do that one instead of the original :)

numonezeldafan

Smash Cadet
haha. Video recorder broke down at that OoT tournament we did. Just bought a new one and I'm gonna finish my Metal Gear Solid 2 playthrough and then Idk which playthrough of any Zelda game I'm gonna do first.

Btw, do you have the special edition master quest of OoT? I think I might do that one instead of the original :)
Indeed i do man!!! THAT WOULD BE EPIC if you did that instead... i dont think anyone has done a vid guide for that yet... lol its funny, whenever i pop in that game and want to start a new game, i always find myself playing the master quest version instead, and thus know that version better than thee original!!! lol not that thats a bad thing!!! XD

SuSa

hey man... you might know this cuz i dont:

in ATTP is it possible to do level 5 of the dark world before level 6??? I always need to get the cane from level 6 to past the last puzzle in level 5!!! i was just wondering if you knew of another way to do it??
If level 5 is the level I think it is, you may need to do a little trick to get into level 6.

It's been years since I've played ALTTP, remind me what item you get in level 5.

numonezeldafan

Smash Cadet
If level 5 is the level I think it is, you may need to do a little trick to get into level 6.

It's been years since I've played ALTTP, remind me what item you get in level 5.
In level 5 (the ice one) you get the ice rod, but what im asking is in THAT level... ther is a puzzle where you must push down a switch and constently have somthing on it to keep the next door open...

EVERY time i get there, i cant figure out what to do since there is nothing to put on that switch to keep it open, so what i do is beat level six first to get the item from that level (the orange cane) which makes that orange block appear when you use it. I then use that block to hold the switch down in level 5 to proceed through the door!!!!

lol what im basically asking is if you know a way to hold that switch down in level 5 without first getting the item from level six???? That is the one thing from that game i keep thinking about over and over again because it makes no sense to do 6 b4 5!! but maybe you have to?? lol

SuSa

In level 5 (the ice one) you get the ice rod, but what im asking is in THAT level... ther is a puzzle where you must push down a switch and constently have somthing on it to keep the next door open...

EVERY time i get there, i cant figure out what to do since there is nothing to put on that switch to keep it open, so what i do is beat level six first to get the item from that level (the orange cane) which makes that orange block appear when you use it. I then use that block to hold the switch down in level 5 to proceed through the door!!!!

lol what im basically asking is if you know a way to hold that switch down in level 5 without first getting the item from level six???? That is the one thing from that game i keep thinking about over and over again because it makes no sense to do 6 b4 5!! but maybe you have to?? lol
Can't you use a skeleton body or something?

I remember doing 5 before 6 many times.

1 :mewtwo: 398

numonezeldafan

Smash Cadet
Can't you use a skeleton body or something?

I remember doing 5 before 6 many times.

1 :mewtwo: 398
lol probably, hmmmm i think there are skeletons in that room!! ill have to try that next time!! WOW to think i have played through this game countless times and never thought of that! xD

Oddler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OddlerPro
Do you guys mind continuing this convo in the fantastic general link discussion thread made by Blu Link? That thread is a bit more for off topic fun :)

numonezeldafan

Smash Cadet
Do you guys mind continuing this convo in the fantastic general link discussion thread made by Blu Link? That thread is a bit more for off topic fun :)
whoops my bad guys, lol ive just been using this thread for general talk, cuz it was the first one i came to!! there will be no more of it!!! guaranteed!! ;) and thx for stopping my pointless ramble odd b4 i look like even more of a jack ***! :)

sasook

Smash Champion
Having most helpful is nice and all, but I think it should go to Arkive. He taught us how to recover, nothing I say/do could top that xD.

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
I really don't know how I'm going to get to IE Smash, seeing as I might be going out of town on the 4th.

I don't WANNA visit my uncle...
Well, if anyone else is going to IE Smash, that'd be really helpful for moving up on the tier list.

Deva, if you place any lover than 3rd, I'm going to move you down. xD

I may be able to make it to Genesis though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom