• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Link Boards Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

FEaR.7

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FEaR.7
Although, the category hasn't been added yet...but Hmm...do you really think that video should make you the best jab locker...?

It's a spiffy video and definitely worth a watch but it doesn't do anything for jab locking...and it's only one video...I still think Legan should get first.

He's done it to me a few times and I can constantly see the beast going for it in every video of him in genius ways (ledge hop boomerang anyone?). I just wish Arkive wasn't so good and could have not teched all his falls to watch Legan do it. Izaw looks **** good at it from that one video of him and Rebaz. It almost looked too perfect which leads to me believe he might do it a whole lot. Monkey has numerous videos of himself doing it to people ONLINE which is harder than offline. I made a huge part of my game these last few weeks setting people up for jab locks and I can do it very close to perfectly on people offline but WiFi jacks it up. I don't know who would get 2nd and 3rd but food for thought.

I don't think anyone but Legan should get first since he has too many people and videos that can vouch for him jab locking them.
Nah, probably I dont deserve it. I just wanted to throw that out there, I guess this applies more to the flashy Link category but since Im already there...

I wasn't implying Im the best at jab locking because clearly Im not, that's why I said its a good thing the awards can be given to many. I think I should be there even if its at last spot as I can do it consistently but I dont set it up as much as other players do.

EDIT: Actually, thinking about this, I dont have videos of me doing jab locking aside from this one (and the few I had recorded were lost). So, even when I think Im good at it, I dont have videos to prove it.

*Returns the bronze award as he sheds a tear*

sasook

Smash Champion
@Fear - you still have my seal of approval lol

@Oddler - you're forgetting Arkive's pro jab locking at Luigi's mansion in his sandbagging matches against Fino I think.

I have a replay from October of me doing a "across the stage walk" jab lock, but it's old, I don't feel like uploading it.

Blubba is pro at bombstoolocks. Trust me. I know.

No really. I do.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Can I be added to the tier list please? I suppose I'm bottomish until I provide videos and all, but it gives me an incentive to work harder which is always nice ^_^

*EDIT: I use Green Link btw

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
BengalsRZ added to tier list.
Even though he's a Marth main.

Konkai wa boku no kachi da ne? Kyou mo ikinobiru koto ga dekita.

Minna, miteite kure!

I kid, I alt Marth, so yeah.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
BengalsRZ added to tier list.
Even though he's a Marth main.

Konkai wa boku no kachi da ne? Kyou mo ikinobiru koto ga dekita.

Minna, miteite kure!

I kid, I alt Marth, so yeah.
Thank you, and I have absolutely no clue what the bolded part means. But any REAL Marth main understands "Minna, miteite kure." :D

Hopefully I can work my way up that list, I'll try and get some vids up soon :)

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Victory Sayings:

-Turns with pride, spins his sword then points it to the ground, while speaking "Konkai wa boku no kachi da ne?" - "This time it's my victory, isn't it?"
-Sheaths his sword while saying "Kyou mo ikinobiru koto ga dekita" - "Today I have survived."
-Stretches out right arm, while saying "Boku wa makeru wake-ni wa ikanainda!" - "There's no way I can lose!"

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Victory Sayings:

-Turns with pride, spins his sword then points it to the ground, while speaking "Konkai wa boku no kachi da ne?" - "This time it's my victory, isn't it?"
-Sheaths his sword while saying "Kyou mo ikinobiru koto ga dekita" - "Today I have survived."
-Stretches out right arm, while saying "Boku wa makeru wake-ni wa ikanainda!" - "There's no way I can lose!"
Ah, thank you.

I knew the translations, but I can't recognize it from just seeing the Japanese.

sasook

Smash Champion
I played blu link today. He's freakin' good. Not as good as Ritch and Blubba and Monkey, but still....

he's freakin' good.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I wish I could move up but I dont really plan on playin link officially in tournies. I'm a PT-TL man. Link is just my back up guy who I find fun to play with. I just plan on showing skills with him in friendlies offline or online or through the online threads "matches" >.> otherwise I got nothing other than my bomb throw arrow cancel to help me beat some of yall.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
WaffleZ, don't take Deva off the list. Not like you would. :p But it's sad. He's at the top too. Just before Genesis.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
WaffleZ, don't take Deva off the list. Not like you would. :p But it's sad. He's at the top too. Just before Genesis.
Write a new section for Link Legends, where you go on a little bit on what each pro Link accomplished.

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
You can't make threads about specific players.

I know i've felt a bit discouraged a few times, so i see where Deva is coming from. I think i'm gonna pick up a top tier character just for Link's worst matchups...

maybe.

Maybe Deva might do the same, hopefully.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?

Why the heck was that thread closed?
Cool topic, but wrong place for the thread. We still love Deva anyways!

And Bengal, *facepalms* indeed. I hate it when I mix up words and totally get the meaning wrong XD

D

Deleted member

I know i've felt a bit discouraged a few times, so i see where Deva is coming from. I think i'm gonna pick up a top tier character just for Link's worst matchups....
i think i'm the only link main that goes 100% link in singles.....

Popertop

Smash Champion
I'm really doubting I will do well at all, but I'm thinking about going all link for some of my bracket at FS5.

Also Hitomi is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom