• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - NO SPOILERS, USE THE SPOILER THREAD PLEASE

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Then what is the point of exploring those places. It ultimately still means that too much of the game was empty
Exploration in itself is rewarding. TP could have benefitted from less Rupees and every Zelda game past LttP could benefit from having more non-essential quest items to discover, but the treasure is only a small part of what makes a great exploration/adventure game.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Oh I totally understand what both of you guys are saying but there is no point when you have to put the rupees back. Its huge slap in the face. Lttp did have some secret caves that stored only money but at least that money was put to good use and it usually wasn't completely out of the way to get. IIRC all of them had other stuff to do nearby (except for the re-entrance to the castle but at least they also stocked your bombs as well )
What TP should have done (in addition to more useless items of course) was to bring back the stray fairies in the temples and move the temple PoH into the rupee chests of the secret places.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I've tried to embrace rupee-spending more in my recent playthroughs. I'll fill up potions, buy bombs, etc. where I used to never bother.

kupo15

Smash Hero
and how is that working for you? I honestly can't see myself ever buying potions especially since the bottled fairy was introduced. I've only ever bought the magic one for Lttp Forest Temp and Final Ganon

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
For me it wasn't so much a money problem in TP as it was that you really didn't need anything. Either way, you can farm items fairly easily, steal health(lol), and you take so little damage that you don't need much to begin with. Aside from Magic Armor shenanigans, a few minigames, or if you want to waste money/items for that last treasure room in Ganon's Castle, there's not much to waste without intentionally doing so. End game throwing money at you just makes it overkill.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
That's, like, the only zelda game I can remember where rupees were both scarce and needed.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
@Luigitoilet & ZIO

I know it's not exactly a popular part of the game, but Wind Waker and those Triforce Charts say hi.
I've played the game twice and by no means are rupees scarce. You'll rack up enough in no time if you simply do as the developers intended - traverse and explore the islands, or just fish for treasure.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
@Luigitoilet & ZIO

I know it's not exactly a popular part of the game, but Wind Waker and those Triforce Charts say hi.
Yeah, that was annoying and horrible. Like ZIO said, rupees are not very hard to come by in Wind Waker. That's not difficulty, that's tedium.

I think there should be an endgame "shop" or "dojo" where you can buy extra upgrades/spells and crap for an exorbitant amount of rupees, in addition to lots of secret fairy caves and stuff with upgrades/secret weapons

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Ah yes. The non-advertised hidden shops that sell these items you'll find no where else that provide unusual abilities.

And to not have just one, but several.

How exciting the thought.

Oh my god, I want to play LoZ again now.

AngryMoblyn1881

Smash Journeyman
Can somebody link me to this new skyward sword trailer? because i want all the info i can get on this game. Simply because i have nothing much left to contribute to this site until it comes out, and i really want to start posting here more often like i use to but i cant find anything to debate of anything to make theorys out of.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Can somebody link me to this new skyward sword trailer? because i want all the info i can get on this game. Simply because i have nothing much left to contribute to this site until it comes out, and i really want to start posting here more often like i use to but i cant find anything to debate of anything to make theorys out of.
It's not really new anymore. It's been out for some months now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WadOvaGVsFM

AngryMoblyn1881

Smash Journeyman
So who do we suppose that person who disappears into smoke at the end? It must be one of the main antagonists to the story, and i think he has a very vaati type feelinng to him. Your thoughts?

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
So who do we suppose that person who disappears into smoke at the end? It must be one of the main antagonists to the story, and i think he has a very vaati type feelinng to him. Your thoughts?
I thought that at first, too. He's definitely not Vaati, or if he is they totally redesigned the whole character.

The only real clue that we have is that his costume is the same color pattern as the Gilded Sword from MM. probably just a reference or coincidence though.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Shouldn't judge a book by its cover.

Miyamoto & co always pull it out of the hat when it comes to great characters and shattering conceptions based on appearance.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Just watched the demo. I like the idea of more complex attacking strategies for enemies. I just hope they don't go overboard. I can't really imagine trying to watch the way several different enemies are blocking all at the same time. I'm not too worried though, Nintendo is too pro at making games too easy.

I think the Zelda movie was a tech demo, however, when asked about it Reggie said that Zelda studios are "always working" on new Zelda games. I don't think it's a sign that that movie represents an actual game, but a future game running with that graphical capacity.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I'm not happy with Link's face. He looks like a woman.

Also, the trailer pretty much confirms debbie as the villain, correct?

Here's something interesting I noticed about the second video.

That shows what is apparently Ghoma's exposed weak spot. If this were a simple tech demo, why would Nintendo waste time showing a weak point for a boss that will never exist? Seems like wasted effort to me, unless there is some something valuable regarding the tech that we can take from this.

I wish I could get a clearer look at what the items on that tablet are. One of them looks like the Ocarina of Time. But more importantly, if we can make out any new items, that pretty much seals that this is an actual game.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
where did this "debbie" stuff come from?

as for the WiiU Ghoma video. that weakpoint is the eye, just like OoT. It's a callback to Ghoma's glowing eye in OoT.
I don't particularly like the name "debbie" but that's the name most people have come to identify with our mysterious villain-esque character.

Also, I'm aware that it's Ghoma's traditional weak spot, but I'm questioning why Nintendo would waste effort putting that into a tech demo.

[EDIT]

Apparently there's a playable demo on at E3.

Spire

III
BRoomer
That red bird. I called it somewhere, some time ago. I figured since this is more or less an origin story for everything Hyrulean that the red bird on Link's shield signified an actual red bird. Now we know who and what it is.

That trailer presents Skyward Sword as easily the best Zelda game to date... until that Wii U tech demo is unveiled to be a full game ;). Also, the items on the pad are all from Twilight Princess. I found a good-sized image earlier and am currently researching for it. I'll post once I do find it again.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Just curious is Skyward Sword's theme (Zelda's Lullaby reversed) starting to grow on anyone else? The more I hear it the more I'm starting to like it.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I've watched the new trailer nearly 10 times

I am convinced this is going to be, IF THEY HORRIBLY MESS UP SOMEHOW, the best zelda game since N64

best ever if they don't screw anything up

I'm also hearing this game has a weapon upgrade system involving scavenged items that will finally replace the endless horde of rupees that you never use and sometimes have to put back -_- THE HYPE BUILDS

Spire

III
BRoomer

I love how Zelda looks in this game. She's so classicized; reminiscent of her older looks.

Top Bottom