• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - NO SPOILERS, USE THE SPOILER THREAD PLEASE

Ecks

Smash Lord
I just saw that gameplay video. Wow.

I want to see how ganondorf comes into the picture if at all. Maybe there were people in Gerudo before the events in this game.

:phone:

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I think that the guy in the picture is either:

Zelda's father/King of Hyrule

Rauru

Both?

Also, quick question: What time period was Daphnes from? Was it noted if he was the first king or just a king that was really respected?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I REALLY hope that the new villain is the main antagonist and that he's simply the reason why the Gerudo are cursed or something. I would hate for Ganon to pop up out of nowhere like TP again.

Jar.

Smash Cadet
That disturbs me...

But yeah, the new villain looks pretty awesome, it's time to start moving away from Ganon ALWAYS being the evil one.
But knowing Nintendo, probably not.

Slockey

Smash Rookie
I don't know about anyone else but I think what I am most/mainly excited for in Skyward Sword is to see how it leads to the events of OoT. Once I read online that it was a direct prequel I made up my mind about buying it. No doubt one of the main reasons we all love the Zelda franchise is the immensely dense plot, and seeing how this games story correlates to the sagas defining moment is definately going to be worth sixty bucks...at least worth it to me anyway :)

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
http://www.1up.com/news/eiji-aonuma-wraps-zelda-skyward

Despite this, though, the game progresses in a somewhat similar fashion to a previous Zelda title. "The game starts in Skyloft, this city that's floating in the air, and you'll come back to this town multiple times," Aonuma said. "Things are always proceeding along in town, and in that respect it's very much like Majora's Mask. Like with Majora, there are a lot of game events involving the townspeople that get intertwined with the main story. Link, Zelda and their other friends all go to the same boarding school, and you've got teachers and a principal as well. It's a bit of a different setting from previous Zeldas.
My pants, I must change

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I was just thinking. Since this game is about the creation of the master sword, this means we will get to see the sages again right? :D

I all the sudden am getting hyped for this game yet I need to stop reading about it. I'm going to know half the game before it comes out. >.>

etecoon

Smash Hero
from what we know so far there's no reason to think any of the OoT history will be in SS, it seems to predate hyrule being populated by hylians entirely

Spire

III
BRoomer
Yeah from the looks of it, Skyward Sword will tell the tale of the colonization of Hyrule by the Hylians. Link seems to be the means necessary to vanquish evil from the land to make room for the cramped Hylians in the sky. Hmm..

Hyrule, Skyloft; Hylians... Skylians?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Despite this coming semester being the most important of my college career thus far, it will have to submit to Skyward Sword... and Skyrim.

oh no :urg:

JoFTWin

Smash Apprentice
Where the wild things are, by way of Georgia.
For some reason I like when the Legend of Zelda games aren't too dark. Or when they aren't trying to be "traditional" Zelda with the setting. I have no idea why. Which is why I wasn't big on TP or MM. Too dark. OoT was a great, definitive balance tho. But I prefer the more light-hearted styles of WW and Skyward for some reason. Just a personal preference I guess.

Spire

III
BRoomer
It set itself up to be oh-so awesome with the style and characterization, but the monotony hurts. Still, it is the best game in terms of characterization because of how animated everyone is. Skyward Sword is going to top it though, as well as every other Zelda game. Might as well forget about the rest cause it's gonna be the best.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Yeah, I really don't understand how anyone can say something like that. You're just setting yourself up for disappointment, most likely. There is seriously not enough information and footage out to make a broad statement on even the basic playability of the game, let alone claiming it will definitely top every other Zelda game ever made. What are you basing this on? Especially pertinent at this point, where there isn't even a confirmed Overworld, but what seems to be a more automated style of transit. More like a hub world between Skyloft and Hyrule. Not to say there is or isn't a more traditional overworld as well, but that we don't know either way and making grandiose claims is pretty silly.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Minus the long sailing bits and the triforce, WW was amazing.

Anyway, I'm so hyped for Skyward Sword, but because of cash, I have to choose between it and Skyrim. :(

You forgot the part where they also gave you a medallion instead of beating a temple.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I don't mind the sailing itself as a concept. I didn't like so much that 85% of the time, there is nothing happening. What few enemies you come across are mostly easily avoided by not even touching the controller. I didn't like how the majority of the "islands" were tiny little nondescript pieces of land with nothing on them. I didn't like playing a song to change the wind direction.

I also thought the dungeons were patronizingly easy, and it's just overall obvious that the game was rushed to a finish. You can tell exactly where the missing dungeons were.

To me, WW is a daring art direction attached to a game that isn't worthy of it.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Yeah, I can't see WW without my nostalgia goggles on, so I really shouldn't be talking. :cool:

When was Skyward Sword originally supposed to be released? I can't remember it being pushed back a lot.

Spire

III
BRoomer
About my hype for Skyward Sword. I'm judging it on solely what I've seen so far, and it has entirely captivated me. I am in love with the art style because Paul Cezanne is my favorite painter, ever. One-to-one swordplay/item usage with otherwise classic Zelda controls + new features like fatigue and weapon/item upgrades (not original to Zelda, I know) have built this into a grandiose adventure, beyond the scope of any we've experienced before in the series. From all the video I've seen, the tremendous landscapes, the unique and varied characters, enemies, items, and puzzles, the whimsicality of the painterly style, extravagant and young, this has already promised me the best Zelda yet.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
There are a couple things revealed so far that I'm not very keen on. I hope the combat is a little more difficult than the slow moving, very telegraphed "wait for enemy to stop blocking then slash in a certain direction" stuff we've seen. Also, gimmicky things like the eyeball door and the boss key puzzles are...well, gimmicky. I hope the game isn't just full of silly novelty puzzles like that. I love the idea of dynamic swordplay where it's not just mashing a button or swinging wildly, but it looks so slow and easy from what I've seen.

Well, minus Ghirahim. That fight is awesome.

I'm also really hoping that the flying sections aren't as "minigame-ish" as it is looking. If the flying parts have the freedom of the Great Sea, that will be amazing...but if it's simply a hub world transition minigame, not so amazing.

Don't get me wrong, I am beyond stoked for this game and I DO believe it is going to be the best Zelda since like, MM...

Top Bottom