• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - NO SPOILERS, USE THE SPOILER THREAD PLEASE

AngryMoblyn1881

Smash Journeyman
but, the new hylan shield (twilight princess style) dont have it
ya but that just adds to the mystery for me, not knowing why it was there to begin with. I mean there MUST be a reason, apart from nintendo just trying to screw with our heads:chuckle:

LASHING_LEAF

Smash Journeyman
hmm... i was looking at my super smash bros brawl preimeir edition stradegy guide and i came accross link...
he accually looks allmost the exact same as he did in skyward sword trailers... just thought id share that

Spire

III
BRoomer
Don't post one-liners like that. You're just asking for infractions for minor spam.

Also, Skyward Sword is not cel-shaded. At a glance it may look like a hybrid between Twilight Princess and Wind Waker's graphics, but it's not. The new art style is like a "constantly moving watercolor painting". The textures are not cel-shaded. They're colorful, but they have a much higher quality than even TP's textures.

Spire

III
BRoomer
accually the style is a real style they used in mideavil days idk what its called though
It's based on impressionist painting, but that's not medieval or even renaissance for that matter. Impressionism was a 19th century movement.

IYM!

Smash Lord
Also, Skyward Sword is not cel-shaded. At a glance it may look like a hybrid between Twilight Princess and Wind Waker's graphics, but it's not. The new art style is like a "constantly moving watercolor painting". The textures are not cel-shaded. They're colorful, but they have a much higher quality than even TP's textures.

The new zelda have a "Mario Galaxy"style, full of color and brightness. (i dont like it).

I hope this game has alternate missions, like the king bubbling battle of TP and mini temples, like ice cavern of OoT

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
The new zelda have a "Mario Galaxy"style, full of color and brightness. (i dont like it).
Not exactly, Mario Galaxy was not by any means based on impressionist art. Besides, TP has been the only Zelda games so far that has not been full of color and brightness. OoT and MM weren't overly bright, but the graphics style was still pretty surreal and fantastical.

I hope this game has alternate missions, like the king bubbling battle of TP and mini temples, like ice cavern of OoT
The Ice Cavern in OoT was not optional. You had to complete it to get the Iron Boots, remember?

IYM!

Smash Lord
@Phantom7: i know, the ice caver isnt optional, and i said in my previoust post ".. alternative missions, like king bublink of TP, AND mini temples" :)

but the only thing bad of mini temples is the lack of a boss

was a pity that in TP, there arent mini temples :(

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
@Phantom7: i know, the ice caver isnt optional, and i said in my previoust post ".. alternative missions, like king bublink of TP, AND mini temples" :)

but the only thing bad of mini temples is the lack of a boss

was a pity that in TP, there arent mini temples :(
I think I understand what you're saying. There should be optional "missions" that you can select at any time once a certain section of the game is cleared, that are similar to mini-dungeons and major enemy fights such as King Bulblin.

What Zelda needs is a Boss-Challenge Mode, where the player is given a certain number of hearts and must complete each boss from start to finish, without getting Game Over.

IYM!

Smash Lord
What Zelda needs is a Boss-Challenge Mode, where the player is given a certain number of hearts and must complete each boss from start to finish, without getting Game Over.
BETTER IDEA I EVER READ!!!!!!!, like SSBB stadium (but in oreder)

and the option of choose difficulty:
easy : 10 hearts / normal: 8 hearts / hard: five hearts /very hard : 3 hearts

and maybe a "mersenaries mode" like Resident evil 5, you have 15 min to fdefeat all the enemies of you can :laugh::laugh::laugh:

or a multiplayer mode ..... or better all these options:p

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
BETTER IDEA I EVER READ!!!!!!!, like SSBB stadium (but in oreder)

and the option of choose difficulty:
easy : 10 hearts / normal: 8 hearts / hard: five hearts /very hard : 3 hearts

and maybe a "mersenaries mode" like Resident evil 5, you have 15 min to fdefeat all the enemies of you can :laugh::laugh::laugh:

or a multiplayer mode ..... or better all these options:p
Multiplayer would work well with SS, since the players face in advanced sword combat using motion controls. No game besides WSR has managed to do something like that (Except I wouldn't really consider WSR's swordplay "advanced").

Spire

III
BRoomer
Man, Nintendo could easily put a multiplayer mode in SS. Even if it's separate from the single player experience, come on, it can be done. FS, FSA, PH, ST, and LCT have all tapped at the potential, but haven't fully expressed what an amazing multiplayer Zelda experience can be. With Wii Motion Plus, this could be fleshed out like no other. Link v. Dark Link, plain and simple. Or even better, they could add a whole arena-styled multiplayer mode where you select areas to play in as well as your character. They could rig Wii Motion Plus to characters besides Link to create a full-fledged Zelda fighting experience. But they won't.

Chaco

Never Logs In
The artwork is like a non-beautiful version of Okami in it's completed mode, when it doesn't sketch thins across screen and whatnot. And is completely colored. Actually, you can't even compare the two.

I'm digging the idea of a Giant Eagle, or perhaps a Gryphon type-deal Epona.

Tinnitus

Smash Apprentice
I agree with the multiplayer idea, but Nintendo won't do it as we all know.
I am pretty much certain SS is gonna be a lot like the TP effect, Some new items and gameplay aspects, as well as a different story. But overall a big let down about it not being the game it was made out to be.

Not to mention Nintendo's love for Ganon, don't get me wrong, Ganon is one of my favorite characters, but enough of him already, I'm sick of him "returning once again" Nintendo had "No comment" on Ganaondorf in a recent interview about SS, so I'm feeling like he will return..... again.

Even so, I still want SS and I am excited about the next official Zelda.

Ct.O.B.

Smash Apprentice
I honestly hope Ganondorf doesn't get Nintendo tenure
UNLESS he steps up his game/plot relevance.

How about Vaati? He IS a Wind Mage... I'm not even going to mention the fact that having Vaati as the villain could link the Four Swords saga to the main storyline.
Excluding loose backstories by previous games, I mean.

Or another deserving Zelda villain..

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:
Personally, I LOVE Ganon/Ganondorf, so if he was the main antagonist, I wouldn't mind too much I guess. But, I am opened to variety, as I loved the Skull Kid in Majora's Mask so much. I would like to see someone more malevolent then him, but with sort of different desires than Ganondorf.

On Vaati, I think he's a great character, to be sure, but I don't want him for this game to be honest. I'm thinking the feel for this story will present us with something different. Specifically, I have a gut-feeling that it'll be like TP with Zant. With the Master sword coming in the game for a need, I don't see how Ganon won't be included somehow.

Imagine some evil Wizard is the plot, that is more powerful than Ganon at the time, while he's swearing "allegiance",
then he gets the Triforce of Power, turns on him with the punishment of death, and then the Master Sword must be created. /wishful desires

I'm really stretched on this...but very excited to find out what actually happens.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Well look on the brightside of Ganon potentially being in SS. If he is, it'll probably shed some light on how he could come back for OoT, which would help in theorizing where games such as FSA are placed. This would be the third official Ganon backstory game, with OoT and FSA being the other two.

AngryMoblyn1881

Smash Journeyman
This game will most deffinatly reveal the secrets or at least show the shiekah in there full potential of being a race in hyrule! excited!

Willntdie

Smash Cadet
I wonder if Zelda could ever have online potential or have online at all ... I mean even if it is just a few mini-games like "Shoot the Rupies challenge!" I would be happy. You could compete against people how good your aim is.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I hope this game has a boss rush mode. Seriously, it makes no sense that developers put so much time into making epic, high-point boss battles, and then don't give you an opportunity to experience them again without replaying the entire game.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Does this game have a for sure release date, or will it be pushed back, like Other M was?

kupo15

Smash Hero
I wish we could use the GC if we wanted. There really isn't anything that can't be done on the GC. I feel more immersed with buttons and not motion. :/

kupo15

Smash Hero
Perhaps. I wasn't thrilled with the Wii version of TP (yes I know that SS will be an upgrade and TP was just a port) but motion controls are just slower and tiring. I think they went a little too far with having to do realistic bow and arrow motions.

The motion control item select looks really neat however.

The only way motion controls will make sense and be faster and more convenient than retro Zelda will be when the game can recognize the motion you are doing and auto equip the item assigned to that motion thus removing the Item Select Screen altogether.

Until then, I'm still under the impression that old fashion buttons will deliver a better experience over motion....or at least until I get my hands on SS and it proves me otherwise.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Perhaps. I wasn't thrilled with the Wii version of TP (yes I know that SS will be an upgrade and TP was just a port) but motion controls are just slower and tiring. I think they went a little too far with having to do realistic bow and arrow motions.

The motion control item select looks really neat however.

The only way motion controls will make sense and be faster and more convenient than retro Zelda will be when the game can recognize the motion you are doing and auto equip the item assigned to that motion thus removing the Item Select Screen altogether.

Until then, I'm still under the impression that old fashion buttons will deliver a better experience over motion....or at least until I get my hands on SS and it proves me otherwise.
Huh? That would mean you have to memorize over a dozen different specific movements just to use items. That would be HORRIBLE.

kupo15

Smash Hero
what are you talking about? You have to memorize the dozens of movements after you select the item anyway.

Whats the point in stopping gameplay, select the bow and arrow, then do a realistic bow and arrow motion to use the item? Why can't you just do the bow and arrow action to use it without selecting the bow and arrow?

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
yeah, but you're seemingly talking about not using buttons at all. You would have to have a specific movement combination to activate the item, and then another movement to use the item. there are 12+ usable items in like every Zelda game.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I never said there would be a removal of buttons altogether. I am criticizing the fact that the performing actions are getting longer and more imprecise while trying to provide a solution to justify this problem. Give me an example of how removing the "middle man" (Item select screen) combined with motions will not work with a particular item. I'm still a little confused by what you are trying to say

kupo15

Smash Hero
I still disagree. I would like you to provide an example of what might cause problems so I can fully understand where you are coming from because I think I can counter one.

You do realize that regardless of if there is a ISS, you still have to do some sort of motion to activate it?

Ex: Currently in order to use the Bow, you must first have it selected/assigned from the ISS, then you must hold down a button to activate the bow, then you must draw your hands back as if you were doing it in real life, releasing the button releases the arrow.

Well, why can't you just hold down the item activation button which tells the game that you will be using "an" item and go through the bow motion without touching the ISS? The bow and arrow motion is pretty unique in that it should pose no problems with not going through the ISS.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Sure, that works for the bow. What about the hookshot? What about the whip? What about bottles? What about special quest items? What about bombs? etc etc.

If there is no item screen, how is this more intuitive? What if you have the arrows equipped but want to switch quickly?

Top Bottom