• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Korra

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Wow we were half right! Hiroshi was an equalist!

Respect for Asami though! Guess those 4 people make up Team Avatar now? I guess every Team Avatar needs 1 non-bender :D

Tenzin was pulling off some pretty cool Airbending too. And there was just no way Cabbage Corp could be involved in anything sinister!

Down the road, I'm sure Amon's gonna have a very compelling reason for creating the Equalist faction.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
This entire episode managed to lull me into a false sense of what's going on, only for it to slap me in the face right after.

Eavesdropping on Sato to make it seem like he was an Equalist, only for the factory search to lead to nothing.

Having a member of the Equalists convey information that make it seem like he defecting from the troop and expose Sato, only for it to actually be a setup fabricated by Sato himself. That was a really nice subversion.

And making it seem Asami joined with Sato, complete with a dark music shift once she touched the glove, only for her to electrocute Sato and the Lieutenant immediately after.

It was all tastefully done. I loved it.

I also love how Lin was taught how to feel vibrations in the earth, just like her mother perfected. And now platinum is the new metal, supposedly.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Tenzin had some great moves, and he was doing better than everyone else.
Well it'd be pretty stupid if she was one all along when they had an upper hand and planned to let them get away...but she could always change.

anyways, this episode was really good, especially the wolf-bats leader's moment.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
They better figure out some way to get through those Platinum suits anyway, since Sato was left with the Equalists. Gonna be hard as hell to stop the chi-blockers if they're encapsulated in that platinum armor.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Just wait till anti-chi blocking tactics come up. Or actually just wait for them to be able to keep up with the chi blockers. Right now they are just simply much faster than the benders who are fighting.
Sounds like they gotta hit Training Mode.

Benders need to learn to do some kung fu. Given Korra is the only one with multiple elements, everyone else needs to pick up on a secondary style.
This is extremely ironic as all four bending arts are based on some form of kung-fu.
Air: Ba Gua Zhang
Water: Tai Chi
Earth: Hung Gar
Fire: Northern Shaolin

If anything, they need to learn to fight without relying on bending. I noticed this with the probending matches. It's basically a fireball war with those matches and there in lies the problem with bending.

o.o

Puppies are better than kittens!

/kneejerk reaction

Smooth Criminal
Fire ferrets >>>>>> All and this is coming from a dog person.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
I actually liked this episode more than last week. I loved how they reintroduced the seismic sense. It was nice seeing Lin earthbend. Sometimes I forget the metalbenders even know how to.

Lol did those machines remind anyone of the Sentinels on X-Men? Rofl. Also, Lin is half Spider-Man/Wolverine with those claw things she had going on.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Fire ferrets >>>>>> All and this is coming from a dog person.
I literally don't see the difference between fire ferrets and red pandas.

Well it'd be pretty stupid if she was one all along when they had an upper hand and planned to let them get away...but she could always change.

anyways, this episode was really good, especially the wolf-bats leader's moment.
Wait, how does that relate to my comment about Tenzin? And, I knew a de-bended victim would want revenge... :smirk:
I actually liked this episode more than last week. I loved how they reintroduced the seismic sense. It was nice seeing Lin earthbend. Sometimes I forget the metalbenders even know how to.

Lol did those machines remind anyone of the Sentinels on X-Men? Rofl. Also, Lin is half Spider-Man/Wolverine with those claw things she had going on.
I agree with the earthbending comment. Its like they think they're too good for anything but metal, lol. And yeah, the metalbenders in general remind me of spiderman.

It kinda sucks that they'll start making aero-dynamic contraptions to deal with airbenders someday. The way Tenzin was blowing the machines back (which was likely strengthened by their treads) kinda shows a design flaw, and since Sato called the fight a test run, there might eventually be some machines and armor that would practically ignore an airblast. I bet the Equalists already have flame-retardant armor that's probably padded well enough to minimize the impact of earth and water attacks. If they have defenses for those elements but not air, they will soon.

Also, Asami probably knows some Chi-Blocking techniques since she said she knows how to protect herself. Maybe she can teach Mako, Bolin and Korra, and Korra can inform Tenzin and Lin.

EDIT:
Some bender vs bender fights would be nice right now.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I know it's who she is, but I don't like how Korra puts everything into this one phone call she hears, without considering other things. At least try to have more evidence before throwing out accusations, especially if you don't have the context of the phone call to back up your claims.

(Also, platinum bending let's goooooooo! Toph could totally learn that. (maybe))

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I know it's who she is, but I don't like how Korra puts everything into this one phone call she hears, without considering other things. At least try to have more evidence before throwing out accusations, especially if you don't have the context of the phone call to back up your claims.

(Also, platinum bending let's goooooooo! Toph could totally learn that. (maybe))
Yeah, I was facepalming when she jumped to conclusions. I thought Sato may have been talking to Tarrlock (spelling?) or whoever was involved in the raid. He could've been gloating about how they exposed an Equalist support group for all we knew. Luckily she was right...

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
The way Hiroshi slammed the phone down kinda gave it away imo. I wouldn't slam the phone back the way he did if I found out my biggest competition were gone...

But hey these things need to be rushed to incorporate a new character into the main cast in a "short" series.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Yeah, it was kind of hard to sit through, but she IS young, so we can't fault her too much.

Just finished the whole thing.

Props to Asami for being able to electrocute her own father, and being really awesome and not evil like I suspected she was in the beginning.

Tenzin had some nice moves this episode. But they'll need to learn to get around those platinum suits somehow....

Bolin continues to be really, really funny. This episode, all in all, was really good. I'm glad we've got people who know how to make an enthralling cartoon (anime, w/e) series not just once, but twice.

@Aleate: Yeah, I suppose something in his body language gave it away. Perhaps asking for a cautious Korra is too much.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Did Nick get around to posting the new episode on their website? I still gotta see it.

And yeah, you really can't expect a mountain of patience or careful thinking out of Korra. That's just how she is. Perhaps that will all change later.

Smooth Criminal

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I literally don't see the difference between fire ferrets and red pandas.
The only difference is that they have longer bodies. And yes, red pandas are absolutely adorable. It's my profile pic on facebook now.

Lin didn't want to do the investigation in the first place BECAUSE of a lack of evidence. Still, considering the context and the possibility that things could go terribly wrong because of giving the benefit of the doubt, I would've jumped to the same conclusion as Korra.

And speaking of Lin, when she was talking to the press about the initial investigation, I was thinking of this every time she moved her eyes.

Looking at him, though. Bolin and Mako's father?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Nah it's not out. Don't think we're allowed to post links to non-official sources but a quick Google search will send you in the right direction.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wow.
That episode was amazing.

So glad Asami didn't side with her dad.

Also, Tenzin is a bad***.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I honestly don't know what to say about this. I felt like Bolin was a bit out of place, cause the whole episode had this "A storm is coming" vibe, and well...the storm came. Bolin's humor just didn't help with any sort of comic relief compared to previous episodes.

Once again, it feels like the series is moving rather fast, cause I figure it'd be a while until Sato's intentions would be revealed.

Also, nice Aladdin touch, Sato calling Mako a "street rat" lol

Edit: Can't believe I didn't mention this...but I think Asami's allegiance is setting up to be switched once Korra and Mako have a "moment", and she finds out.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I'm still waiting for the moment when Deviantart floods up with "Makami" or whatever it's called where Mako is dressed up as Aladdin, and Asami looks like Jasmine.

Bonus points if Bolin is the Sultan and Pabu is dressed as Abu.

I don't swing to any particular shipping camp. So long as the writing's good I've no complaints what happens.

Top Bottom