• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Korra

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I would sort of like to know why benders can only bend one element. Only the avatar can bend all four. Some people can only bend certain spin-offs of elements. And, why some people cannot bend anything at all.

It seems sort of stated without any reason for these restrictions. I'd be satisfied I guess if they at least said, "Chi is unique to each person. So not everyone can bend the same things." Something to that affect. I bet in the end all benders who lost bending get it back later somehow. The avatar givith, and takith away.
The creators (Mike and Bryan) say that bending comes from spirituality, which is why all the Air Nomads could bend while most Earth Kingdom citizens can't. Civilization decreases spirituality.
korra x amon imo
Amorra? K. I like the sound of it...

So Amon still makes no sense. How he magically is able to take away people's bending is beyond me. I don't even know if if he's actually a non-bender. Considering that ability is supposed to be an avatar only ability, I'm assuming it has something to do with the ability to understand and perform all of the elements, which Amon has possibly obtained somehow.

Also trying to figure out how the water bender on the council is tied into this, since he definitely seems to be in some way.
That lion turtle at the end of Aang's story said that in an era before the Avatar, they bended energy and not elements.

So, there were people in ancient times who energybended. It was probably as common as elementbending is in this show.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
I wish they'd go more in depth with Energy Bending's background.

So far I literally see no use or reason to have it if multiple people were Energy Benders as well. Did they just take away each other's abilities and give it back, lol? Like, I see no point to having it (at the time when everyone was one with no division of elemental bending) lol.

Unless there's more uses for it than they've shown. But I can't really imagine too many uses for it tbh.

Grimmz

Smash Journeyman
oh so this is the new avatar show everyone was talking about

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
There was an image earlier that had to do with
the chakra gates (which chi-blockers apparently COULD mess with) and the one in your forehead, if sealed, can **** your bending up. This means it could be reversed

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Just finished watching the old Avatar series.

Feels good, man. Makes me even more hyped for this show.

Smooth Criminal
I just started rewatching it on Netflix last Saturday when we were robbed of a Korea episode. I'm at chapter 4 book 3, I forgot how much I loved this show. We need at least one iroh cameo in korra.

XD I'm leaving the typo.
:phone:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Oh my God, this show!

I think I love hating Tarrlok now. And just how old this guy? That guy at the end of Korra's flashback looked like Tarrlok and the entire court being subject to bloodbending is was just crazy.

I wonder what's gonna happen to the rest of Krew and how Asami is going to respond to finding out that Korra likes Mako (Y U GO 4 BOLIN?!). That "glare" leaves a lot to interpretation.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
This show is just too good.

It's so strange to have a few cartoons worth watching on Saturday mornings again.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
What on Earth just happened this episode? >_>

This show just keeps getting better!

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Sounds like a good episode, I must watch it. Although, it's Legend of Korra so it's automatically going to be good lol.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wat.

WAT.

WAT.

my eloquent reactions to the episode

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Mind=Blown! Every minute was better than the last and the last 5 minutes were nothing short of AMAZING. Can't wait to see how they follow this up!

:phone:

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I will go on record to say that this is the BEST episode so far, by such a wide gap. This went above and beyond anything I could've expected, even after reading the spoilers in this thread beforehand.

Wow. Just...wow.

Top Bottom