• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Korra

LLDL

Smash Hero
That's what I call an episode. As for the previous episode, All is forgiven.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
The episode was nice. It had all the things the previous episode did not lol.
Although I wish metal bending was used in more creative ways or explored more than just using chain like whips lol. Lin was essentially just being Spider Man during the fight scenes lol.

Amon and the chi blockers' arrogance really annoys me.

NTA

Smash Lord
Just noticed that water was being bended from the air. Didn't see that too often in the previous series...

Completely unnecessary to break the hammer thingie. Could've just said wait :troll:

The play by play announcer has epic voice. Think I've heard it somewhere before :o

Thought I was seeing things at first

"He is leveling one of those glove devices at me now and I believe he is about to electrocute me.I am currently wetting my pants" - my favorite line lol that whole scene was epic xD

theeboredone

Smash Legend
The announcer is a top character in my book so far. I liked this episode a lot, and it just feels like day by day, I grow to hate Amon even more, which is a good thing in regards to pulling people into the story. He is typical in bullying others to create his form of justice. Just makes me wish he gets what's coming to him sooner than later. I wonder if I'll feel sorry for him whenever his past is revealed. It'll have to be something for me to give a crap about him.

Also, during the whole fight sequence. Wtf was Tenzen doing? Chillin?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
So i caught up after being 3 episodes behind:

I feel romance is pretty well done. City romance irl moves fast as well, and teenagers themselves want to move fast and Korra being the aggresive girl she is, didn't seem out of place.

Am sad for Bolin :[ but they set themselves good for a romance story here.. Bolin and Mako are both considerable now.

Scumbag refs and officials being paid off and nobody rioted or complained during the match even with the announcer pointing it out.

Tenzien's past love triangle is funny too. I love Tenzien as a character.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
That entire fightscene at the end was awesome.

I look forward to seeing more of that.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
fire ferrets were shocked without armor in water and they woke up before anyone else.

pro

theeboredone

Smash Legend
^ You figure that would have been lethal or something lol.

He tried but but was stunned immediately. Probably doesn't take well against electric currents vs. the people wearing armour.
I dunno, I'm talking about after he and the chief woke up. He could have easily flown up there with the use of his air bending and provided some additional support. He IS the Air bending master afterall. Either Korra has gotten better fighting off camera, or she was just lucky to take out so many of Amon's guards.

Random note: I know Korra is meant to be a tomboy, but how strong does a girl have to be to hold onto a guy with one arm, holding onto the ledge with another, and then proceed to toss him over the edge? lol

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well, when you think it...Fire is generally used in close quarters. Aang was always a defensive sort of fighter, so he would use air, water, and earth more often. Earth for armor, air for running, and water for keeping opponents away. Korra just goes all in.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Those electric gloves must be hella powerful. The Equalists managed to take out several ships of Metalbenders...

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Well there were those people that had those electric glove thingies monitoring the crowd, lol. Probably too scared.
I don't think anybody even realized they were chi blockers until the tournament ended and they exposed who they really were.

NTA

Smash Lord
Dunno what was wrong with the audience. First they sit there like nothing happen and then they gasp after evil guy starts talking -_-

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
More delicious spoilers :)

Lol'd at Amonday and Satoday (get it? >_>)

Here's the latest episode in glorious quality if you've missed it!

[Collapse=Speculation]So wow I actually read something pretty neat. So... you know how Amon had that long speech in the latest episode? People are speculating that it was prepared well in advance but the big line was when he said something like "So the Wolf Bats are once again the pro-Bending champions and it took only moments to cleanse them of their impurities". It kind of implies that it was in somebody's plan to have them win (and beat the Avatar). But what allowed the avatar to be in the finals to begin with? Hiroshi Sato... and he couldn't have funded the Fire Ferrets without that "lucky" encounter between Asami and Mako. This leads me to believe that Hiroshi and Asami Sato may be Equalists... also keeping in mind when Asami told Mako that she had lost her mother in the past (probably from yet ANOTHER Firebender). There was also the part when Tenzin said Lin was playing into Tarlock's hands and at the end she said she played right into Amon's hands. Could Amon and Tarlock have some kind of connection?

So yeah >_> I hope that was half-understandable, lol.[/Collapse]

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny

[Collapse=Speculation]So wow I actually read something pretty neat. So... you know how Amon had that long speech in the latest episode? People are speculating that it was prepared well in advance but the big line was when he said something like "So the Wolf Bats are once again the pro-Bending champions and it took only moments to cleanse them of their impurities". It kind of implies that it was in somebody's plan to have them win (and beat the Avatar). But what allowed the avatar to be in the finals to begin with? Hiroshi Sato... and he couldn't have funded the Fire Ferrets without that "lucky" encounter between Asami and Mako. This leads me to believe that Hiroshi and Asami Sato may be Equalists... also keeping in mind when Asami told Mako that she had lost her mother in the past (probably from yet ANOTHER Firebender). There was also the part when Tenzin said Lin was playing into Tarlock's hands and at the end she said she played right into Amon's hands. Could Amon and Tarlock have some kind of connection?

I think
Asami's crash into Mako was planned.

SUNG666

Smash Ace
LA, CA (Glendale) Hook me up if ya wanna smash
Everything is just too unrealistic I mean yeah it's supposed to be with the bending and all but there's a lot of things that wouldn't have happened (people not complaining when the wolves blatantly cheating, how so many equalists managed to smuggle those electric gloves into the arena, how people responded to Amon/radio threat, why would Korra try to go up to the blimp doing a 1v20 or something including Amon and Lin even helping her to do that, blah blah etc). Anyway tons of stuff happened and I liked the fight scenes, but it looks like whenever Korra does waterbending it looks like she's just using movement that firebenders do (like the punches or kicks) and it just seems wrong

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light

Certain "Bending" forms and attacks are all virtually distilled katas from various real world martial arts; of course they're going to emphasize movement.

Smooth Criminal

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
[COLLAPSE="My thoughts on the new episode, collapsed for spoilers"]The fighting scene on the roof was one of the most exhilarating moments I've experienced while watching this series so far. Kept me on the edge of my seat, it did.

The match commentator is indeed top tier. Everything about him in this episode was correct.

I've barely seen any earth bending from Korra. I guess she just prefers firebending in combat, which is fine, but I'd like to see her branch out a little more.

Cheif Beifong appeals to me greatly. I like her no-nonsense attitude, and the fact that she used to date Tenzin I find really, really funny. They're so dissimilar.

I dislike that you can have the refs just BS everything, and even the commentator calls them out on it, and no one can challenge them. Shouldn't there be some supreme authority in sports like these, in case something like this occurs?

Anyways, awesome episode was awesome. Completely makes up for the disaster love shenanigans that occurred in the last one.[/COLLAPSE]

Grandeza

Smash Master
Episode was alright. I didn't love it. It just didn't excite me like the third episode did. I think it was the third, the one where Bolin was captured. That was extremely suspenseful and I didn't feel the same way this time. Still enjoyed it though. I'm not too hard to please when it comes to TV.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion

Considering how suspicious the girl is to me, I could see this being true.

Top Bottom