• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Korra

Grandeza

Smash Master
I didn't mind it as much as everyone else seems to have. I was able to watch it and enjoy it even if it was probably the worst episode so far.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I didn't mind it as much as everyone else seems to have. I was able to watch it and enjoy it even if it was probably the worst episode so far.
I don't see why people don't like it, I enjoyed it very much. I'm looking forward to the next episode to see the final round of the tournament.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah this episode was just...I'll just say that the best character tonight was the narrator/sports commentator. Them noodles are the noodliest in Republic City.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i liked the episode a lot

i guess maybe i found it relatable. going through some drama right now

theeboredone

Smash Legend
How many books are there supposed to be? It would be understandable if this was the only season of Korra, but it's not. Maybe they have something big in store for us romance wise.

Btw, seeing Bolin cry was hilarious. I couldn't feel bad for him based on the way they drew/acted out that scene.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
From Wikipedia...

"Tentatively titled Avatar: Legend of Korra, it was intended to be a twelve-episode[11] mini series set in the same fictional universe as the original show,[5] seventy years later.[12] "

Maybe that's why it feels rushed?

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Well it'd be nice if Amon took over Republic city and Korra had to flee and we get out 3 seasons, 12 eps a piece. I really like the series, I'd hate for it to end with a battle right after korra learns air bending.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Well it'd be nice if Amon took over Republic city and Korra had to flee and we get out 3 seasons, 12 eps a piece. I really like the series, I'd hate for it to end with a battle right after korra learns air bending.
The series would be really short if she fought him right after she mastered air bending. Unless, she takes forever to master it...

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Was thinking about the Love Square they have going on. Given that the creators went out on a limb to make an athletic girl the main character as opposed to your typical skinny girly girl, I can also see Korra ending up with Bolin. Afterall, Korra just likes Mako for his looks, where as Bolin and Korra are more of a match.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
everyone is aware of the 3 part graphic novel series that bridges TLA and korra called The Promise right?
if you haven't read it you might as well because it gives some stuff about tophs metalbending school and other things
part 2 comes out at the end of this month

SUNG666

Smash Ace
LA, CA (Glendale) Hook me up if ya wanna smash
^Art qual seems a lot more childish for the graphic novel, not too into it

Pretty much agree with ShroudedOne on this one and Chain-Ace when she kissed I said what! out loud too
But it's Korra, she's really random and spontaneous, she just goes in. Plus things just go faster and start quicker with every generation... something I'm not too fond of in this world, and it's pretty depressing whenever I think about the future..hm

Anyway ep was alright I really like Tahno (leader guy from the wolf team), that arrogance and his voice is cool.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Tahno is such a scrub. He just looks like one of those guys (proven) that will scream like a girl or beg when things don't go his way.

I get the feeling through some cheating, plot, or maybe his team is better...they will beat the Fire Ferrets. There will be a new "season" later on, and the Ferrets will redeem themselves.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
^I've read the description for the next episode if you'd like to hear it.

“Korra and the Fire Ferrets prepare for the pro-bending championship as a threat looms over the arena.”

For all you love bird haters, it sounds good.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Overall good episode...

The fight/chase scene was great, incorporating a great mix of both bending and actual martial arts. I missed the flashback, unfortunately.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Omg that episode was sooo good.

I think Korra was Firebending because there was no Earth or Water around. I definitely want to see more Waterbending :(

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Another good episode.
The Pro Bending match was great, the ambush was great, and the fight along with Bei Fong's metal bending was amazing. Amon seems to be an anti-villain, and its a little strange that Asumi and her dad practically vanished. I'm also starting to think that she planned to crash into Mako...

Top Bottom