• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Korra

LLDL

Smash Hero
Well, there was no real romance, just a few clips where you can tell they like each other. They probably won't even do anything more than that until the end of the book most likely, or near.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
We'll see. Aside from Suki and Sokka, I thought the romance in the Last Airbender was meh. As I said earlier, I would have been fine if they just stuck with the clip of Tenzen's kids making jokes about Korra thinking Mako was cute. Didn't really need the whole sleeping on each other's shoulders and hooking arms.

Also, I thought about how it feels for anyone to metal bend or lightning bend....feels like as if a 100 years later, everyone could do a kamehameha or something lol. In the Last Airbender...that stuff looked so graceful and technical. Now pretty much, anyone can do it.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Dbz is a bad example cause kids become super sayian at 7 years old or something. When Vegeta spent like a years training at 300x gravity

LLDL

Smash Hero
I wouldn't think so much into the lightning bending. I'm under the impression that the standard fire/lightning bending, like what azula and mako are seen doing, is not on the same technical level as redirecting actual lightning like zukko and general iroh. It's not like all of a sudden people are just naturally doing these things that their predecessors took long to master like dbz. I think it's just that there is a more broad range of people who now are aware of these techniques and teach them to others.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Dbz is a bad example cause kids become super sayian at 7 years old or something. When Vegeta spent like a years training at 300x gravity
Actually, that makes my example even better. A legendary art becoming "child's play."

And yeah, well it's too early in the series to make accurate judgments. I can only go off from what I've seen. From what I remember, you had to have "inner peace" and something with your yin and yang to do lightning bending. I doubt this gang leader had such "inner peace" >_>

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
It's probably become a standard skill that they learn when training now.

I wouldn't look at lightning/metal bending as a skill that can only be used by masters of fire/earth as much as it is something that just wasn't well understood one hundred years ago.

I didn't know this show already started, but I just caught up. This show looks good. Definitely how I would have liked to see an Avatar "sequel" done. :3

NTA

Smash Lord
Kinda threw me off when characters were saying it was impossible to permanently remove someone's bending ability but I guess it makes sense since it happened many years ago and only a few people know/knew >_>

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Actually, that makes my example even better. A legendary art becoming "child's play."

And yeah, well it's too early in the series to make accurate judgments. I can only go off from what I've seen. From what I remember, you had to have "inner peace" and something with your yin and yang to do lightning bending. I doubt this gang leader had such "inner peace" >_>
I thought you were saying dbz didn't trivialize legendary stuff.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Azula most likely didn't have "inner peace" either. :p

That was probably about redirecting lightning.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
I miss Azula so so much. :( Best character ever.
Also, I just remembered that Amon can't be a second Avatar because Roku said that if the Avatar is killed in the Avatar state (which Aang was) that the cycle is broken completely so he couldn't have been reborn into one unless the writers want to do some bad continuity writing. So he probably knows how to energy bend by some ancient scroll or some ****.

Either way, it's very intriguing.

Lightning changed quite a bit though. It's like all, beamish/long lasting now and doesn't look nearly as cool as Azula/Ozai's. :urg:

Jmorsch

Smash Cadet
I miss Azula so so much. :( Best character ever.
Also, I just remembered that Amon can't be a second Avatar because Roku said that if the Avatar is killed in the Avatar state (which Aang was) that the cycle is broken completely so he couldn't have been reborn into one unless the writers want to do some bad continuity writing. So he probably knows how to energy bend by some ancient scroll or some ****.

Either way, it's very intriguing.

Lightning changed quite a bit though. It's like all, beamish/long lasting now and doesn't look nearly as cool as Azula/Ozai's. :urg:
To add to Amon not being a second avatar, if there was a new avatar created when Azula killed Aang he would have to be much older then Amon is now.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
OH yeah, you're right. Inner peace was for redirecting it. Well if anything, I hope they introduce some new bending that will take another 100 years to become mainstream.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
OH yeah, you're right. Inner peace was for redirecting it. Well if anything, I hope they introduce some new bending that will take another 100 years to become mainstream.
Soundbending. There's only like 5 or 6 airbenders including Korra, so it'll definitely take time.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I could buy sound bending. But it needs a proper explanation. I suppose something like whistling turning into an ear shattering screech/blast would be cool.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Wow really? That's just...stuff like that should just...I remember when someone leaked One Piece subbed, before it aired in Japan. Funimation raged over it, given they air it subbed soon after Japan does.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I'm kinda surprised that Tenzin doesn't sound like Cave Johnson/Peter Parker's boss despite having the same actor. I was really expecting a blunt, mean but hilarious personality from Tenzin. What we got isn't what I expected, but I'm not disappointed.

This series is the first time I've heard J.K. Simmons using a calm voice.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
The episode was k.
The flashback scene was kind of eerie for me though. I'm wondering if the last person shown has some indication of who Amon is. Or if it has any significance at all.
I was thinking the exact same thing.

:phone:

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
...I liked it. Everyone else seems to disagree, even if they say they enjoyed it I thought it was really great, balancing action and character progression for the entire cast rather than just Korra getting stronger or more confident. Although, I feel like it has established the world and the characters and the Equalists are going to slip into the shadows for awhile as Korra begins training more and the pro bending matches and our new characters come into play.

I'm calling it right now though, just a prediction as if I were the writer, Fire Ferrets are going to lose(cause they're rookies and shouldn't make some miraculous upset when they have sooo many disadvantages) but they go to watch the finals and Amon crashes it and as a fight begins, Amon takes over the city and Korra flees like...the entirety of The Last Air Bender.
also when she was ambushed I was chanting avatar state. Didn't happen, I'm actually glad it didn't and was replaced with Amon's logic about being a martyr in a 1984 style cautiousness
Anyways, JK Simmons is a real professional. The guy has done so many voices and each of them has a real personality behind it.

LLDL

Smash Hero
If you rearrange the letters in Amon
you get I am lord voldemort

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Am I the only one who genuinely felt some sort of fear? Like, just to see Korra pressured into those situations and the stuff at the end definitely made my heart skip a beat too. Can't imagine being in that situation.

I don't trust Mako's new girl...but then again, she might be genuine and we may have a love square lol.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I want KorraxBolin.

Mako's girl seems quite suspicious. But she's also really pretty, so I'll forgive her for her future transgression. :)

I felt for her, when she broke down and cried near the end. Being so young, and having to deal with that suffocating fear...I can't imagine, myself, how it'd feel. Korra is pretty strong.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Am I the only one who genuinely felt some sort of fear? Like, just to see Korra pressured into those situations and the stuff at the end definitely made my heart skip a beat too. Can't imagine being in that situation.

I don't trust Mako's new girl...but then again, she might be genuine and we may have a love square lol.
About the reporters, I hope Korra quickly learns that she doesn't have to answer their questions. That new girl seems nice though.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
The new chick reminds me of Meg from Hercules...which leads me to believe the guy who gave her father the loan is evil and will use her to betray them against her will.

And yeah...losing your bending is such a great idea because they can't just kill everyone and losing it permanently just seems to scary. Especially since it's literally like a couple hits and your life changes dramatically.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
The psychological warfare that the Equalists have on their side is intense. This is probably the first time benders have been scared of regular people.

Top Bottom