• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Korra

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I don't remember what show it was, but someone got water stuck in their ears so the opponent who utilized some sort of sound could not hurt him lol.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
That sounds like naruto or something. I unno, I just remember some guy who used sound blasts as a weapon and i'm sure early naruto would go for something gimmicky like that.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I wonder if there's gonna be anymore unusual powers like Combustion Man.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
fire ear plugs. big mistake.

As for glass bending, you can't actually bend glass...it'd break and unless you want to see shards being thrown about in a show that doesn't want to show much blood I don't think it's going to happen.
True, but it doesn't have to be used for fighting. They often show bending used for performances and entertainment, so imagine a performer making multicolored glass shards flow in an interesting way. As a bunch of spectators look onward, the artist could start off with medium to large sized shards of various colors arranged in fascinating ways, and as the performance continues, the person purposely breaks them into smaller pieces with a crystal-like appearance. The crowd stares in awe, and finally, each of those sparklig shards is reduced to the size of a grain of sand. Imagine all the temporary sculptures and forms you could make with trillions of tiny yet shimmering speckled shards of glass. Think of all the kaleidoscopic wonders formed by the polychromatic yet deadly "sand". And with the right lighting, along with a few other benders of similar and different elements, it could look breathtaking. :)

OR, they could use it in fighting sequences, but have limited screentime. Remember the finger-bullets that the Dai Li used? They never hit a living target but they missed narrowly. Glass shards could be used in a similar way; never contacting flesh but barely missing it.

I'd go with the performance option tbh.

Grandeza

Smash Master
If there's ever a Combustion man type character, this time around I hope they actually explain what the deal is with them. They never gave an explanation for Combustion man's abilities.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
So now we're not even allowed to talk about vague facts about characters (that most people should already know about because there's plenty of concept art of them already) without labeling them spoilers?

I wasn't going to say anything but this is getting kinda ridiculous. Obviously if a new clip or episode comes out people here are going to be talking about it, and basically every single posts after would have at least some spoilers in it. I'd rather not destroy every single one of my posts with a bunch of black boxes every saturday, and I'm sure you wouldn't enjoy coming to a thread where post after post is just a giant black box. If you really care that much about avoiding spoilers then it might be best to just avoid the thread until you're caught up.

It's like complaining about people talking about the superbowl the day after. :/

L__

Smash Master
i don't see whats wrong with people taking two seconds to type spoiler tags

i don't get how adding spoilers destroys a post

you people are weird

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
If the spoiler stuff is directed to me my post wasn't even that big of a deal lol. The animals in the show are not even that deep. Obviously if it was something actually significant I would have put a spoiler tag over it lol.

:phone:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
So now we're not even allowed to talk about vague facts about characters (that most people should already know about because there's plenty of concept art of them already) without labeling them spoilers?

I wasn't going to say anything but this is getting kinda ridiculous. Obviously if a new clip or episode comes out people here are going to be talking about it, and basically every single posts after would have at least some spoilers in it. I'd rather not destroy every single one of my posts with a bunch of black boxes every saturday, and I'm sure you wouldn't enjoy coming to a thread where post after post is just a giant black box. If you really care that much about avoiding spoilers then it might be best to just avoid the thread until you're caught up.

It's like complaining about people talking about the superbowl the day after. :/
There are people who are going completely blind into the show, and don't want any semblance of the plot ruined. I already feel bad for watching the earlier preview clip as it is. The problem with this was a character that has yet to be introduced, pretty much was introduced before the episode has even aired. Rationally speaking, it shouldn't be a big deal, because the character won't play a significance in the plot anyways. With that being said, that experience of not knowing, and being "surprised" has been ruined. I personally enjoyed the interactions of Appa and Momo in the Last Airbender, and I'm glad no one told me about it before hand.
Now that I know there is such a duo (should I have expected it? Sure), it won't add that extra layer of emphasis when it happens

While, I don't agree with gamers who don't even want to know spoilers in regards to characters introduced, or even if what the basic plot outline is, you should respect that decision. It's not hard to put the spoiler tags over. It takes what? 2 seconds? You don't have to block out the whole post. It's easy just to say...

"Oh great, I should have known that
isodjfoisdjfiods
"

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
The problem isn't how long it takes to make the tags, it's that they're unnecessary.

You knew that the clip aleate linked to would've contained spoilers, and obviously the discussion directly after it would've also. There was obviously going to be discussion about spoilers, and you knew that when you decided to read the posts following it. If you don't want something spoiled, especially something as tame as before, then it should be your job to make sure it doesn't happen. To me it seems like you're being a little overdramatic.

If there are some major plot changing rumor or detail released that I would like to discuss, then I would have no problem putting it in spoilers. But something as tame as "the new momo," is going way too far.

Like I said, maybe you should avoid the thread until your caught up if you're really that worried. Odds are that almost every single new posts will contain at least some spoilers anyways, so what's even the point of coming to this thread if you're not gonna be able to read anything anyways?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
The problem isn't how long it takes to make the tags, it's that they're unnecessary.
Can't I just take this statement and reverse it into my own belief? The problem is that talking about spoilers without tags is unnecessary.

You knew that the clip aleate linked to would've contained spoilers, and obviously the discussion directly after it would've also. There was obviously going to be discussion about spoilers, and you knew that when you decided to read the posts following it. If you don't want something spoiled, especially something as tame as before, then it should be your job to make sure it doesn't happen. To me it seems like you're being a little overdramatic.
Why can't you discuss those spoilers using tags, until the episode has aired? Just like any other "show" thread here like Naruto or One Piece, no one really talks about the show until the chapter comes out every Wednesday. Anything before chapter release is rumors, speculation, or random discussion. So what's the problem of waiting until Saturday to talk about the episode? I am not being overdramatic, because I choose to enjoy the episode in its entirety, going in with a blank slate, and not knowing what to expect. You tell me it's my job to make sure I don't be spoiled...how about it's your job to make sure to at least use spoiler tags?

If there are some major plot changing rumor or detail released that I would like to discuss, then I would have no problem putting it in spoilers. But something as tame as "the new momo," is going way too far.
To each their own. Depending on the level of interest a person has, they may take spoilers more seriously than others. The best you can do is have common courtesy and respect that person's belief.

Like I said, maybe you should avoid the thread until your caught up if you're really that worried. Odds are that almost every single new posts will contain at least some spoilers anyways, so what's even the point of coming to this thread if you're not gonna be able to read anything anyways?
Maybe YOU should avoid the thread until the episode has premiered. I can shoot that right back at you, but I find that statement pointless to use. It doesn't make sense to neglect a fan of the series, just because he or she wants to talk about it in their own way. We can all exist here, if we adhere to the tools we have. If you wanna talk about spoilers, you are more than welcome too. Just use the spoilers tag in doing so. If you haven't noticed, there is discussion outside of the show's plot or information regarding episodes. Haven't the last two pages been about all the types of bending and what we hope to see in the series? I do not want to stay away from this thread, just because a spoiler might pop up once every week before Saturday.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
The problem is that talking about spoilers without tags is unnecessary.
Except in this case you're adding something extra that's not supposed to be there.

Why can't you discuss those spoilers using tags, until the episode has aired? Just like any other "show" thread here like Naruto or One Piece, no one really talks about the show until the chapter comes out every Wednesday. Anything before chapter release is rumors, speculation, or random discussion. So what's the problem of waiting until Saturday to talk about the episode? I am not being overdramatic, because I choose to enjoy the episode in its entirety, going in with a blank slate, and not knowing what to expect. You tell me it's my job to make sure I don't be spoiled...how about it's your job to make sure to at least use spoiler tags?
You've previously told me to use spoiler tags when I reference episodes that were officially released and you just hadn't already seen yet. Basically you just want me to put every single one of my posts into spoiler tags for your convenience even though they don't belong.

Like I said, I will use spoilers tags if I feel they're necessary, and I'm sure other people feel the same.

But the things that people have been complaining about recently have been out of line.

People have common sense, if they feel a certain aspect is crossing the line they will use spoiler tags, but things like the new momo, talking about chi blockers and how people are theoretically going to fight them ... there is no harm in these statements, and very little spoilers if any at all. This might sound rude but it's honestly nobody else's job to cater to you because you want certain information withheld. Like I've said previously, it should be yours.

To each their own. Depending on the level of interest a person has, they may take spoilers more seriously than others. The best you can do is have common courtesy and respect that person's belief.
I will, and have, until it gets to a certain extent like it has now.

Maybe YOU should avoid the thread until the episode has premiered. I can shoot that right back at you, but I find that statement pointless to use. We can all exist here, if we adhere to the tools we have. If you wanna talk about spoilers, you are more than welcome too. Just use the spoilers tag in doing so. If you haven't noticed, there is discussion outside of the show's plot or information regarding episodes. Haven't the last two pages been about all the types of bending and what we hope to see in the series? I do not want to stay away from this thread, just because a spoiler might pop up once every week before Saturday.
Uhh, no.

This thread is for discussing the show, even if that discussion contains spoilers. I have every right to not use spoilers when I feel they're not necessary. Again, if you don't like it then don't read the posts. Especially if you should've already realized those certain posts that you chose to read would've almost definitely contained spoilers.

Like, I had also previously mentioned, the posts directly after the link to the clip. You knew the posts after it would've contained spoilers. It's your fault for reading them if you didn't want to know that information.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Put spoilers in spoiler tags. I don't care how inconvenient it is for you, how new the episode in question is, or how minor a spoiler you think it is. Put it in spoiler tags. Stop talking about this.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nope. Sorry, but that is ****ing ********. I'm not gonna do it.
Where, specifically, in the rules does it say I have to?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
That's great.

What rule would I be breaking if I didn't put something in spoiler tags?
How would I know what's supposed to be put in spoilers and what's not?
Maybe I should just put everything I say in this thread in spoilers for now on.
Here, i'll start now, JUST TO BE SAFE BECAUSE I WOULDN'T WANT BREAK ANY RULES.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Spelt, it's not asking much that before an episode airs, if you want to talk about stuff that happens in it, you use spoiler tags. If you can't handle that, then go discuss it elsewhere.

Hell, I'll break it down for you since you seem to be so confused.

'Has the episode aired?'
If yes, then no need to spoiler
If no, then use spoiler tags.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Spelt, it's not asking much that before an episode airs, if you want to talk about stuff that happens in it, you use spoiler tags. If you can't handle that, then go discuss it elsewhere.

Hell, I'll break it down for you since you seem to be so confused.

'Has the episode aired?'
If yes, then no need to spoiler
If no, then use spoiler tags.
Tell me where I said I had a problem with that?
That's right, I didn't. I wasn't arguing against that.
Nothing that has been spoiled has actually been from episodes that haven't aired, so really you're just arguing against yourself.

Like I said earlier, one of the previous complaints was about spoilers for an episode that had already been officially released.

But honestly though, I shouldn't have to add spoilers to anything if I don't want to. It's not spamming, it's not trolling, it's not flaming. There's nothing explicitly in the rules that states I have to. There's literally no reasoning for you to force me to do it. You're only taking this stance because I argued against a moderator's wishes, and he only took that stance because he wanted to end the argument, when ironically all he did was continue it further when it pretty much already effectively over.

Trying to get all of my thoughts out there because I know your next post is just gonna be "do what I say or else" even though there's no actual reasoning behind it. I'm not gonna argue against an admin any further than this though, so I guess you win!

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
No, I was talking about earlier.

So how about them Korra related topics?
I don't think we'll be seeing very many bender vs bender fights because the big enemy this time is the anti-benders. That kinda makes me sad. :(

Top Bottom