• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Korra

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Air is my favorite element. Water and earth at a close tie is probably the most powerful in terms of all round effectiveness. I think each element is powerful in their own way though.
Fire only seemed powerful to me when Azula was introduced. I still don't understand how fire in the series has this big concussive force behind it, though. Lightning is top tier. I just feel like the bending is soooo straight forward. Other than shooting blasts of fire, it's just blah. I'd only want to be a fire bender if I could be exactly on Azula's level.​
Earth is the most balanced imo. I... don't know how I feel about metal bending police. They make it sound like it's a separate element almost. I liked it better when it was exclusive to Toph. Metal bending as a whole just sounds sloppy to me.​
Water is just a tad bit overpowered I think. They have a ton of sub-abilities and more circumstantial strengths than everyone else. Also, they were the only people who never lost control to the fire nation. Each time they've trumped.​
Air comes off weak in the series because the principle of it is to be evasive and pacifistic. I think it's most powerful in terms of always being there and being able to fend off multiple people at once with little effort. I realllyyyy hope they dive more into it since it didn't get hardly any attention in TLA imo.​

LLDL

Smash Hero
I have em in HD, this might sound weird, but seeing it in low quality makes the show seem a little bit more impressive than seeing it in it's full quality. I don't like seeing all of the jagged outlines lol.

soap

Smash Hero
I have em in HD, this might sound weird, but seeing it in low quality makes the show seem a little bit more impressive than seeing it in it's full quality. I don't like seeing all of the jagged outlines lol.
I know what u mean, the colors are softer and collage

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
Yeah it's a bit weird. I've got it in HD as well now, and I must say that the up close action stuff still looks great, but the things a bit further away look very rushed and undone.

I'm curious how it will be in future episodes.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Yay, chi blocking! I'd like to see a counter to chi blocking, or at least I want benders to not become completely helpless once it's blocked. I was instantly reminded of Ty Lee's infinite charm.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I guess this just shows how important Air Bending is for Korra since the style is so flexible and the Air Benders tend to avoid attacks and danger. Plus, all the Air benders live in some secluded island meaning not many people actually know the motions and such which is good since the goons seemed to know exactly what to expect and how to exploit Korra and Mako's moves.

Fragger

Smash Journeyman
I like the Anti Benders, now the benders have to learn how to actually fight and not just rely entirely on their powers.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
The problem is it basically renders their limbs completely useless so they wouldn't be able to fight at all ... in any form.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Season premiere...tomorrow????.....I'm gonna be at a tournament LOL. FFF.

Oh we'll I'm sure they'll replay it like 5 times on sunday.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I very much enjoyed the premiere. I didn't watch episode 2 prior to the premiere and I'm glad I waited. This show is going to be epic. I'm wondering if it will surpass the first Avatar.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I wonder if its possible for Earthbenders to bend glass. I mean, metal has some traces of earth in it, and since glass is made from sand and earthbenders can bend sand...

I hope something like this comes up in the series.

SUNG666

Smash Ace
LA, CA (Glendale) Hook me up if ya wanna smash
Watched the first two when it aired yesterday with the crimson blur, really sick and I'm a huge fan of the first series. My favorite element is water and favorite character is Zuko of course. As for metal bending, I think it's a specific type of bending (still one that only earth benders can do) but I think they were specialized in it so they could bend metal well but not like rocks well or something like that (just like sand benders). Or, since you're essentially moving the little pieces of rocks in the metal maybe they were just using a metal that wasn't really purified (still has tons of rocks in them). Will they release a new episode every week?

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Watched the first two when it aired yesterday with the crimson blur, really sick and I'm a huge fan of the first series. My favorite element is water and favorite character is Zuko of course. As for metal bending, I think it's a specific type of bending (still one that only earth benders can do) but I think they were specialized in it so they could bend metal well but not like rocks well or something like that (just like sand benders). Or, since you're essentially moving the little pieces of rocks in the metal maybe they were just using a metal that wasn't really purified (still has tons of rocks in them).
Yea, like lightning for firebenders.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
metal is still earth, just refined, and they can bend it outright.

the same could be said for glass but I doubt they'd go into that because that's pretty creepy.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'd think lightning would be the next logical step but that's already taken, so idk what else they'd do for airbending.

It's also kind of hard to advance that element when there's so few that can actually use it.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I feel like that may be a bit violent...but then again, blood bending sounded creepy too.
Yeeesssss....

metal is still earth, just refined, and they can bend it outright.

the same could be said for glass but I doubt they'd go into that because that's pretty creepy.
Maybe they'll address the possibility.

Anyway for airbending, the only thing I can think of as a sub element is sound. Thoughts, or perhaps any other ideas?

EDIT: The show's GREAT so far.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Sound bending is highly unlikely since there's very little correlation between sound and air. Air is merely a medium for sound waves to travel through.

Heck sound bending in general would be extremely overpowered. A sound bender would be able to **** up multiple people's eardrums in mere seconds. XD

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
fire ear plugs. big mistake.

I would've said that air would move into sand but that's earth just being moved by air. I know we've discussed this before but I don't think there is a next step for air and I'd be fine with that. I'd much rather see what Korra could do by mixing her elements. Again, sand bending, mud bending, steam/mist.

As for glass bending, you can't actually bend glass...it'd break and unless you want to see shards being thrown about in a show that doesn't want to show much blood I don't think it's going to happen.

Top Bottom