• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Korra

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Wow, I just watched this show for the first time. I had no idea it was going to be a successor to the original Avatar series.

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
Water, Earth, and Fire already have "sub" elements. Time for Air to get in.
Plasma bending!

Essentially Plasma is just gas with a bit of energy added to it. There is more to it than that, but I'd rather not get into the scientific explanation.

I'd love to see a classic Plasma blast. Plus, it more than suits Korra's personality ;)

Grandeza

Smash Master
Today's episode was great. Started off alright, didn't really get me excited. But then once they got to the second half it felt a lot more suspenseful and really improved my overall feelings about it. Hyped for next week!

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Amon is another side of the current Avatar, the spiritual side.

It would explain why Korra has trouble with the spiritual aspect of being the Avatar.

#CrackpotTheories

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Are the episodes on in the morning? Is there a place I can watch these online? I'll search now...I'd love to support the guys but no one in Canada has bought the rights yet.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
You can buy them on itunes :/
I think that's the only other way.

That episode was craycray.

>put hat on
COMPLETELY UNRECOGNIZABLE.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
What the heck those plot twists... I don't think energy bending (or w/e it's called) is exclusive to the avatar since that lion turtle guy in the finale of Avatar The Last Airbender was saying it existed before "the era of the avatar". I'm gonna guess Amon found some scroll on how the process is done much like how Zhao found a scroll to find out the identity of the moon spirit before Yue became it.

I always thought bending lightning was really difficult to achieve but it seems everybody can do it now >_>

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
That guy was a really established firebender. The whole leader of that triad group or whatever.
Only natural he would know something complex like that.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
But Mako can do it too. The factory scene had a bunch of people power up some machine with lightning.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
What the heck those plot twists... I don't think energy bending (or w/e it's called) is exclusive to the avatar since that lion turtle guy in the finale of Avatar The Last Airbender was saying it existed before "the era of the avatar". I'm gonna guess Amon found some scroll on how the process is done much like how Zhao found a scroll to find out the identity of the moon spirit before Yue became it.

I always thought bending lightning was really difficult to achieve but it seems everybody can do it now >_>
metal bending was also impossible at one point now the whole police force can do it
100 years passed so i think benders got a lot better during that time

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
the action in episode 3 was sooo excellent

i just wish with all my heart that the animation team used a slightly better frame rate... it looks like they're doing everything at 12 fps and it looks so choppy! their drawing skill is clearly excellent, but the chosen fps looks janky hahaha.

probably an efficiency thing, but it really bugs me when i look at it hahaha.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Just watched it. Soooooo good. The stories going places and it still looks good. And the whole revelation scene just seemed so satisfyingly dark but losing your ability to bend seems much better than just killing people. Its reminding me of Harry potters darkness while remaining a kids movie and makes me sad the avatar movie was apparently really bad.

:phone:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
are you talking about aman's group?

i don't really think that's their concern. they themselves are criminal in their actions.

Grandeza

Smash Master
It's yet to be seen if he's truly an energy bender. When Aang energy bended to take away Ozai's bending he touched his chest and forehead while both their eyes lit up. Aman didn't light up and he only touched their foreheads.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
So just got done watching the episode. Couple of notes...

1. I think the relationship between Korra and Mako is moving too fast. I would've been fine if the only hint of romance was the scene where Tenzen's daughters comment about him being handsome when he's behind her.

2. Mako watched his parents die in front of him = Batman.

3. I think what I'm looking forward to most is how Korra and the two brothers improve on their fighting skills. They are clearly outmatched right now, so it's gonna be awesome to see how they improve.

4. I hope at some point, they move out of the city. While Republic City looks awesome, one thing I loved about The Last Airbender was that they travelled the world.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
we'll see about #4, though i'm doubtful it will happen. the intro to the show and the main antagonist seem like the series will pretty much be about the city, at least for a while.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah I doubt #4 will happen. They wanted to move away from the traveling type adventure from the start, which is the main reason they made republic city. They wanted one central location for this series.

I love how fast it's moving already. Only on episode 3 and there's already so much going on.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
The whole relationship going to fast.. Get with the times, people date a lot sooner and faster now.

/lolmoderntimes

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I don't like the fast pace of the emotions. I'd like a bit more build up than this. Makes it too painfully obvious. Then again, kids are known for cutting to the chase these days.

Top Bottom