• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Korra

SUNG666

Smash Ace
LA, CA (Glendale) Hook me up if ya wanna smash
The benders are feeling what regular people have been feeling for the longest time. They have been living in fear from people much much stronger than they are. I feel like I would learn chi blocking as a defense if I was born as a normal person. The benders really are using their powers to crush opposition and even ambushing a group that could barely defend themselves. Fourth ep was pretty sick imo esp when korra got cornered lighting was perfect.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
^this

I love the morals here, cause if anything, Amon can be seen as a good guy. He hasn't harmed anyone and so far has only attacked criminals and learning chi-blocking should be encouraged if anything for self-defence. I feel like Tenzin is going to try work it out peacefully with him or something.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I really like the protagonist vs. antagonist structure in Korra so far. It's like the original Mobile Suit Gundam; people with different ideologies that aren't necessarily evil. So good.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I dunno...I think you guys are over generalizing benders. Just think about lifestyle before chi blocking became main stream. Not like people were afraid of benders everywhere. The Equalist movement is still underground, and the presentation in Republic City is that benders = associated with the rich and powerful, while non-benders = poor and common folk.

Are there corrupt benders? Yeah of course, but can't you also make the case that these chi users are corrupted as well?

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Yes. The one thing I definitely disagreed with about Amon was him saying that all wars were started by benders. We live in a world of non-benders and there have certainly been countless wars.

LLDL

Smash Hero
The chick is using him, or will be. I can tell because of her character design.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Episode was eh.
I don't know how Korra gets Naga into her room.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Weren't those giant windows open? Epic jump through.

Also, speaking of that, interesting to know Korra doesn't have a set of night clothes when sleeping lol.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Enjoyed episode 4. It was nice to see some weakness in an otherwise very tough Korra. Really looking forward to future episodes and yay real waterbending :D

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Asami Sato!

Seriously though, incredibly good ep. I'm highly impressed with this show thus far. My favorite part was actually the flashback. It was cool to see Aang, Sokka, and Toph as adults.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Soundbending for airbenders make sense. I mean, I honestly can't think of any secondary element for them to bend.

By the way, who saw that quick flashback near the end of episode 3, where you saw adult versions of Aang, Toph and others? Tell me that wasn't intriguing! I've yet to see the leaked episode 4, but I dunno if I want to see it now, or wait until Saturday.

As for Amon's energybending, it could be possible that he came across a Lion Turtle and learned it from him. Maybe anyone can be an energybender if the ability is unlocked. It could be that the technique isn't exclusive to the Avatar, and the fact that only Avatars were known to energybend is coincidental, couldn't it?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Episode 4 already aired...it's been....

Premiere: 1 and 2
Week 2: Episode 3: Bolin is captured
Week 3: Episode 4: The Task Force

LLDL

Smash Hero
I could see air benders stopping the flow of oxygen to the head, making their enemies light headed and knocking them out.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I heard Blood Bending was considered way too dark, and after its appearance...well it was never mentioned again for said reason.

LLDL

Smash Hero
You mean similar to Blood Bending for Waterbenders?
Yeah something like that. Whirlwinds seems more of an attack. While just stopping the air flowing that a person is breathing from and making them drop right there seems much more dark, and also more useful since you could do it from a distance and your opponent doesn't necessarily know the cause

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I heard Blood Bending was considered way too dark, and after its appearance...well it was never mentioned again for said reason.
Not entirely true; Katara used it one more time in the episode where she and Zuko searches for the man who killed her mother.
Energy bending existed pre-Avatar. Anyone can learn it, it's just a lost art.
So then it's more than possible that Amon could have learned it from some source, be it a Lion Turtle or maybe he just knew how to instinctively use it. Who can say for sure?

Frolossus

Smash Lord
Not entirely true; Katara used it one more time in the episode where she and Zuko searches for the man who killed her mother.

So then it's more than possible that Amon could have learned it from some source, be it a Lion Turtle or maybe he just knew how to instinctively use it. Who can say for sure?
Amon's energy bending is blatantly incomplete

LLDL

Smash Hero
LOLOLLOL this episode. so much for them dealing with the romance better than the first one. ****

lol when she kissed mako, i literally said WHAT?!!!!? out loud. That was some rushed **** lol

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
LOLOLLOL this episode. so much for them dealing with the romance better than the first one. ****

lol when she kissed mako, i literally said WHAT?!!!!? out loud. That was some rushed **** lol
Just missed it lol. Where is a good place to watch it online?

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Just missed it lol. Where is a good place to watch it online?
http://anilinkz.com/avatar-the-legend-of-korra-episode-1
I watch them there.

The episode was meh. I mean, I'm fine with romance but they did rush it. I have read the description for the next episode though, and it sounds like it'll be the best since ep.3

Again though the series feels rushed, I'm enjoying it but I can't tell how many episodes they'll be able to crank out in season 1.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Hmmmmm.

Well, it was very painful to sit through the episode, but on later reflection, I felt like they actually did a fairly good job on portraying the chaos that ensues when you throw conflicted feelings into a trio of teenagers. It was and was not done well. I don't know how else to explain it.

Top Bottom