• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Korra

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I think I'll watch episode 2 today after class.

Also, my friends and I are gonna be watching it in glorious HD on my parent's 54" on the day of the premiere. I'm sooo pumped.

:phone:

Frolossus

Smash Lord
i'm kinda hoping that we get to see what else air benders can do in korra, fire benders had the lightening, water benders had the blood bending + healing and earth benders had metal bending

unfortunately since korra is a water bender i doubt we'll get to see enough air bending

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Maybe Tenzin will do cool stuff?

I can't really think of anything that they'd be able to do though... But I agree it seems kind of unfair how every element except air got something new.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well remember, Aang was the "Last Airbender." So if there is anything advanced on their side, Aang may have discovered it later on, and it will be introduced in the show.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I've always thought about this, what can air translate too. I thought about sand bending but that'd be more holding it with air and should be earth bending anyways.

I've come to the conclusion that air bending is an equalizer to a game of rock paper scissors, it doesn't have a strength or weakness, it just is and should be used with creativity. I would like to see some tornadoes and air slicing.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Which bending element do you guys like the best/think is the strongest?

Earth bending would win my vote for both my favorite as well as the strongest. Some of the best and most memorable bending fights last season involved earth benders (remember Aang's first fight with King Boomi?). Also Toph... Nuff said there.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Fire bending is my favorite and water bending is definitely the most powerful with blood bending and whatnot.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
blood bending is broken

I'd say air but there hasn't been much done with it on a creative note. I mean even water and fire could be used to do more than just blast your opponent.

In the end I will say earth bending is the most awesome...but water bending is broken.
water+blood+healing+ice+more power at night+more mobility in water

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I think a minor flaw with water bending though is its accessibility.

Other than blood bending, an earth bender would demolish any water bender that's not near a large water source. You can find earth literally everywhere.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Oh look, SWF throwing around the word "broken" like it's nothing.

Bloodbending is not broken. It can only be performed once a month. Too situational.

Earthbending, and thus specifically metalbending is the "strongest". Metalbenders are the chosen authority in the city. That says enough.

I've come to the conclusion that air bending is an equalizer to a game of rock paper scissors, it doesn't have a strength or weakness, it just is and should be used with creativity.
I agree with this.

I was thinking air's sub-style might be some sort of sound bending. Air vibrations.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Then the air bender throws the earth bender in the air.

Air is the most versatile being able to bend anywhere besides underwater i guess (if he gets knocked into it without having time to bend an air bubble)

it's probably something like air > earth > water > fire > air

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Water benders face virtually no restrictions, they can make water anywhere out of the air unless the air is made specifically to stop that like in the cell Kana was held in.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
How is air>earth though? I feel like earth benders do have a weakness when not in contact with air but I can't see an air blast stopping a large rock coming at their face at equal bending levels.

There should definitely be an avatar fighting game with all the types of bending and sub types.

Fragger

Smash Journeyman
Just watched the two episdoes and HOLY S*** did the producers step their game up. It looks beautiful, the characters seem human and natural, my fav so are Tenzin, Korra, and Boh Lin(spelling?). Cant wait for the new episodes and BTW I think air bending has the advantage. Anywhere a human is, there is air (unless its that underwater scene from the invasion), so they have that and I feel like a air bender is too mobile for earth to do with. IMO Air is more versatile then any other power and thats what it brings to the table is not raw power in something, but good in eveything. I would like to see some specialized air bending, like a pro bender that likes to use straight powerful attacks. The sub-bending for air could def be sound or like pressure changing, idk. It will be interesting what they choose for it. Thats my 2 pennies so far.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh I agree with that too. I would love to see an offensive airbending style for once.
We haven't really gotten to see anything other than what Aang used.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Air isn't meant to be offensive though. :| i like that about air bending.

Air doesn't have to stop a giant rock, it can avoid it. All he has to do is blast the earth bender into the air and keep him there. Heck what's he gonna do if he's put in an air prison?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Ussi, if it was that easy, Aang would haven't had to bother with so many tough fights back in his day when facing off against Eartbenders.

To me, if anything, Fire came off as sort of useless. Most of their attacks were straight blasts, whereas you saw some creativity with Wind, Earth, and Water. Yeah Fire has Lightning, but Zuko made that **** look easy in the last episode lol. Besides, what happens if you throw water on someone about to Lightning-bend?

In any case, I wouldn't mind seeing an offensive style for Air (or defensive for Fire.) It's sort of like taking an established method, and tinkering with it.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Fire can fly

Air can be offensive with air pressure, but I don't think air benders have the nature to exploit that by themselves (kinda like it took a water bender to be pushed to insanity to think of blood bending otherwise i don't think they would consider tinkering with life)

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
^Correct

Air benders are brought up to not be aggressive by nature. Heck they're almost pacifists, so we might not ever see an "offensive" air bender.

:phone:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
If there's one person who is gonna make "Air" offensive, it is Korra given her natural persona.

Also, firebenders can't fly. They just use it as a jet pack more or less. The amount of control they have over flying is not much.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Jet pack is flying no? Earth and water can't do that. Earth can just high jump, but into a disadvantage position until they land. Good perk of fire

Korra might or might just not touch air bending too much unless she really has a high natural improvision level. (which could be the case)

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Jet pack is not flying -_-. I would consider Air benders using their gliders more as flying given the fact they have more control of the direction they take than jet pack which does not give you that flexibility. It may be practical for travel, but fighting, it doesn't have many uses. Think about a fire bender hovering in the air, having to dodge rocks thrown by an earth bender, while trying to counter. It's advantage Earth Bender.

I'm pretty sure Korra is gonna have to use air bending at a high usage rate like her other elements. That is what makes her the Avatar after all. It will reflect in her natural fighting style as a more offensive person. It'd be sort of stupid for Korra to suddenly become "defensive minded" everytime she uses Air. Even when she uses Earth, it's not for building walls or anything, she's just chucking rocks at people.

soap

Smash Hero
Airbending always had the least restrictions in my mind. It's always there, and can be manipulated in similar ways to waterbending. Very versatile. What's to stop it from being used offensively?

Same way aang just stood there and knocked that sabertoothed lion boar thingy over.

It would be interesting if they used wind to cut, similar to the way they use it in Naruto

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Jet pack is not flying -_-. I would consider Air benders using their gliders more as flying given the fact they have more control of the direction they take than jet pack which does not give you that flexibility. It may be practical for travel, but fighting, it doesn't have many uses. Think about a fire bender hovering in the air, having to dodge rocks thrown by an earth bender, while trying to counter. It's advantage Earth Bender.
Azula seemed fine in the air from what I remember. Though I guess we'd need her fighting someone at her level to see if her flying ability is actually legit then.

Fragger

Smash Journeyman
Random Thought: I think an Avatar game with the Kinect/Wii/Move would be awesome if you did like movements from the show to perform bending. It would require a lot of space to move around, but it would seem pretty cool to perform that stuff just like everyone's dreamed.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
The series premieres two Saturday's from now. So I guess in all technicality, no new episode for us who watched the leak for another 3 weeks.

LLDL

Smash Hero
But the second episode was leaked as well. So that means no new episode for another month for those that watched both episode 1 and 2 already.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
It wasn't a leak, they released the first two episodes on the site for a weekend, and now they're available on itunes for free as well.

Top Bottom