• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Korra

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Well I know what I'm doing tonight. I am fully ready for this.

EDIT: Xonar, your assessment of her is spot on.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I want to watch it buuuuuuut I really need to finish this project. ;_;

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Trying to get it done fast so I can.
I should be done soon. :bee:

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
*sniff*

It's so freaking good. I'm so speechless. All the characters so far have been so enchanting, and...gah. I don't have the words to describe how good this show is right now.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
That was SO GOOD.

SO.
GOOD.

Oh my god.
It was so much better quality.

I like how pretty much all the important characters have had introductions now.

Korra's so cool, and her voice actor does a great job. I love when she says "Why don't you come and find out?" in the first episode.

Meelo is hysterical, I love him. That entire scene with the spinning airbending training things had me laughing so hard.

I am so hyped for the rest of the episodes now omgomgomgomgomgomgomg

>_> I hate you all so much.

Visiting this thread is like being stuck back in paradise. A authoritative figure has told me to not eat a particular fruit. Then a serpent whispers in my ears to eat the fruit, "There is nothing wrong with it." he says. So, I take a bite and find a horrible guilt has been put upon me.

Oh, **** time to watch it. April 14th will be awesome all over again.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
The airbending training scene was AMAZINGLY good. Tenzin's children are so good...

HYPE

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Hey guys, just for the future, try not to post spoilers the moment after the episode airs. Give people a chance to catch up.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
korra nation redirects to facebook cause i live in canada so I can't get on it. Might try a proxy?

Edit: yay proxy.

Edit2: just wanna say I love the music during the first episodes opening. and on the chapter screen, it sounds like the beginning of Fi's theme from SS.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Wow the quality is amazing on the second episode, feels like I'm watching it on 1080P television.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I am loving this series, almost more than the original and I'm sure it'll pick up over the next few episodes. Subscribed.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I liked the pro bending scenes... It's an entirely new fighting style that we've never seen before (example: there was a part where one of the water benders used his FEET to slice water... that was both new and bad *** at the same time). I'm looking forward to more pro bending matches.

I like Bolin already... Mako might need some time to grow on me, and it looks like we've already found Korra's love interest.

So far Tenzin and his kids are my favorite characters. All of them are hilarious in their own ways (especially the youngest boy). BTW that air bending scene with the spinning gates was amazingly well done!

D

Deleted member

So I checked out the first two episodes, and I'm liking this as much as the episodes of the original show I've seen. I think I might actually follow this series.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I really liked the pro bending parts as well. It should give Korra an interesting edge in her fighting style.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I love the gifs coming out of this.

My favorite is the gusts of wind that accompany Tenzin everwhere.

i hope i'm not the only one who was under whelmed by the pro bending scenes
Yea, it's a cool new approach to bending, but it's definitely a step down from the crazy environmental battles that happened in The Last Airbender.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't really understand how pro bending works. Hopefully they go over the rules a little bit more sometime later.

I wouldn't mind different arenas or new things for earthbenders to use.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh, thanks!

The main thing that was confusing me was (spoilers because spoilers)
how mako was able to jump out of his small arena to attack the opposite team at the end of the last match. I thought he was supposed to stay in the ring that he got pushed into? Also I don't understand how the opposing team took 2 rounds, and then the ferets only took one but somehow they ended up winning...
I'll watch the video to see if that clears any of this up. I'm probably just overthinking it. :dizzy:

D

Deleted member

how mako was able to jump out of his small arena to attack the opposite team at the end of the last match. I thought he was supposed to stay in the ring that he got pushed into?
I'm pretty sure it's because
he managed to push his opponents back, so he was able to advance.

Don't quote me on that, though.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, that's probably what happened.
I got confused because nobody was moving forward and they were both in their last zones, and then Mako randomly jumped out into the opponent's second zone at the last minute.
Spoilers again I guess.

The video pretty much cleared up everything.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Yea, it's a cool new approach to bending, but it's definitely a step down from the crazy environmental battles that happened in The Last Airbender.
I'm sure there will be a healthy mix of both. Heck the very first fighting scene of the season was a regular bending battle.

Just think of it this way:

Regular environmental bending fights = the norm
Pro bending = the sport

I'm pretty sure Korra will slowly incorperate some pro bending techniques into her bending repertoire, so think of pro bending as another technique she'll have to learn on top of air bending. The whole pro bending style will really give Korra a more "modernized Avatar" feel as opposed to the more traditional style that Aang had, and it matches her personality very well. I think it's a very cool concept overall.

Grandeza

Smash Master
Pro bending seems like it would lend itself to actual battles pretty well since it's teaching her to be light on her feet and not stop in place when bending. Seems like that would be a good way to actually fight as well.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
I found out the first two episodes were out to watch online yesterday and tearbended.

The episodes were amazing. This makes me SO hyped for the rest of the season.
The Steampunk theme of everything in Republic City is really cool. And the all the major and minor character relations to the old generation is awesome to me, like that one general lady being Toph's daughter. Tenzin is also the best character ever. I really hope there's alot of him in later episodes. Also, the bad guys in this seem really interesting (not to mention more sinister). Non-benders out to kill benders. WHATATWIST
I just hope Sokka's still alive so maybe we'll get to see him in his old age. Just all of this makes me soooooooooooooooooo psyched for the rest of the season.

oh, and Korra's hot.

Top Bottom