• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Korra

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Just finished watching this episode. Started off a bit slow, but it picked up about at the halfway point. I like Korra's character so far as well.

Best character shown so far was Random Security Guard who's hair got licked by Naga. Needs more screen time.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Aang was a bit of a one dimensional character in my opinion (still loved him to death though).

Korra seems as if she'll have more personality to her, almost like a mixture of personalities... Like Aang's fearlessness, Toph's aggressiveness, Katara's passion for good, and Zukko's rebelliousness.

I think she'll end up being a much more interesting Avatar, overall.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Aang was too nice all the time to be interesting haha. Whereas Korra has already beaten up random thugs.

:phone:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I just hope they give her a crew. Just having her being the solo character will get boring quickly. I'm sure they will though.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I actually agree, at least for now. It'd give Korra a dimension that I really wouldn't want to see with her.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure they confirmed early on that there would be some kind of love interest

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I see nothing wrong with that. I think it would be far too stereotypical for a woman, who is athletic and tomboy mentality to not fall in love or at least have a crush. It will definitely conflict with her established personality if she has to have feelings for someone. More character development.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
With that being said, I see nothing wrong with if she stays single and develops no feelings. I just want it all to be executed properly from the writing staff, who I do have faith in. Because she is the Avatar, I just expect her to be a dynamic character and go through some changes personality wise compared to someone like Sokka lol.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Yeah, I don't know why I'm that concerned. As long as these guys are behind it, and it's well done, I'd be more than fine with whatever outcome. I just think that romances are so expected, and "cheesy."

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Hehe. I like the way miyazaki portrays love. No kissing or overplayed moments, just genuine quiet acts of affection and care. The romance in the first avatar series was really lame to me lol, though I'm sure it'll be better this time if there is any. Hoping

theeboredone

Smash Legend
The relationship between Aang and Katara was a bit meh, probably because it was one sided for the most part. Plus, Aang was a kid going through puberty so it made it a bit too childish. Zuko and his girlfriend were pretty dull as well (and that's why they are a lovely match). Sokka's was respectable cause he's naturally the comedic relief, so it at least made his attempts at a relationship a bit funny. Yeah, now that I think about it, I was pretty indifferent to most of the romances in that series. I thought the best relationship was Zuko and his Uncle. That was played out really well. When Zuko yelled at him, after Uncle was rotting away in his prison...that whole scene definitely hit home.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I felt like relationships were the only things sokka got right, lol.

The whole thing between him and the water tribe princess girl was really well done imo.

It made him more than just the token funny character, at least.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I didn't really like Aang and Katara's relationship... It felt forced to me and I just don't think they made a very good match. :|

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
^They didn't make a good match.

I always felt like it was more Aang's desire to get a girl than anything else. Was surprised that they did end up together.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I think I was a ZukoxKatara person at heart. But I don't want to start discussing shippings. But yes, I also agree that they didn't make a good couple, really.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
You weren't the only one rooting for a ZukoxKatara pairing xD. I'm pretty sure that's the most fan wanted pairing out there.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Episode 1 and 2 are supposed to be released on korra nation tomorrow. I feel like since reaction to the leak was so great they really want to get people talking.

LLDL

Smash Hero
I said that because the writers did a terrible job with all of the romance in the first series. It actually seemed unnecessary to the plot. They could've removed all of it, and the series would still be the same to me. Another factor being I feel somewhat protective Korra already. For example, you know you don't want your daughter seeing anyone unless you deem them perfect after judging them yourself. Oh well. They can put in their whack *** relationships, I'll just watch it for the beautiful animation.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I said that because the writers did a terrible job with all of the romance in the first series. It actually seemed unnecessary to the plot. They could've removed all of it, and the series would still be the same to me. Another factor being I feel somewhat protective Korra already. For example, you know you don't want your daughter seeing anyone unless you deem them perfect after judging them yourself. Oh well. They can put in their whack *** relationships, I'll just watch it for the beautiful animation.
I hardly understand what you were trying to convey lol...

I dunno, if they introduce a sense of romance, I think it can work. I agree that romance was their weakest link in the past series. Despite that, Korra's character can still fall into it. Hell, they even gave Toph some feelings despite her being the "manliest" of the gang. It's just natural for a woman to have feelings for a guy, no matter what sort of personality she has. It will just be an interesting dynamic for Korra to deal with her feelings. I'm just gonna go on a whim and say, it might be an anti-hero like Zuko, where the guy isn't a bender and may be an opponent to her down the line.

LLDL

Smash Hero
It's not that I don't want it, it would add to the show it they pulled it off correctly. But whoever directed it just made it seem awkward instead of natural.

And I was just rambling.

Actually, I thought that girl Yue and her interactions with Sokka was done pretty well.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Yea, the creators are awkward nerds. Romance might not be their forté.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Also, I've been meaning to ask this, but is it just me, or is the "frame rate" in the premiere a bit...down? I felt like the animation in The Last Airbender was much smoother. I did hear though that every episode was really expensive to make.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's probably because it was a leak.
It wasn't that great of quality all around.

And also uploading and downloading it over again on different sites can lower the quality as well.
youtube for example can only handle 30 fps max.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
the last airbender series' animation has historically had a pretty low framerate. that's just their aesthetic right now. if they could do a higher one, they would, but it's really difficult to animate a tv series at 24 fps because you have to churn out episodes so fast. there aren't even small moments that are done at 24 fps haha. i'm not sure if they're doing it at half most of the time, but it looks like it.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Ah okay. I do remember the older series "lagging" at times, but I also remember reading an article in regards how the episodes were getting more expensive to make. If not for frame rate, it was probably the art direction involved with bending.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Huh. I don't remember this at all....I guess I didn't notice. The show was too damn good. :)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha i'm an animation major so i really have no choice but to notice these things. my mind just sees it

Top Bottom