• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ike Profiles Thread - Post Your Profile!

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Yeah well still we will do it soon. No AiB ladder teams =\ me and DS are pretty much only solid doubles partners on wifi other than shadow_azure. Whenever they have 2v2 ikes only. How often is that?

Mozz

Smash Apprentice
My name is Justin but I go by MOZZ as my tag name. 22 years old and live in the Pittsburgh area, just graduated from Robert Morris University with a degree in finance.

Hey, I really am not that good with Ike but I've been to 2 tourney's and at least managed to win my first match at both of them. Went to Tekko tourney and tournament of hope in the Pittsburgh area but have at least learned to throw the nair a lot more and jab cancel sometimes since then. Colaya beat my Ike at dittos pretty good but it was fun to actually play against a decent Ike and I learned a bit about the need to jab cancel to get better.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Hey Mozz, welcome to the Ike boards. Enjoy your stay. Any further questions you have, please direct them to Ashunera's Library.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
I should probably post a profile lol
My name is Abdul. My tag is FATE but it's become interchangeable with the name I have on these forums
I'd like to say I'm an Ike main because I put the most time into learning him than I do other characters, but sometimes it's hard to dedicate myself to him in tourneys when I have to face guys like kismet and biglou. The only other person I know of here in Georgia that plays Ike is rayku but he only plays for fun or barline challenges. I got pretty close to beating him in an Ike ditto last I played him but I fscked up a lot after he took a stock. Right now I still find hope in Ike when I hear of things like San's progress at APEX.
I've been to a few in state tournaments. Most of them are the monthly tournaments at a place called waba where the beat in Georgia and lately a few of the best from other states come to play

Oh yah, I'm 19 and I go to Gainesville state college in Georgia. Currently live in Lawrenceville

M.C. Pee-Pants

Smash Journeyman
I should probably post a profile lol
My name is Abdul. My tag is FATE but it's become interchangeable with the name I have on these forums
I'd like to say I'm an Ike main because I put the most time into learning him than I do other characters, but sometimes it's hard to dedicate myself to him in tourneys when I have to face guys like kismet and biglou. The only other person I know of here in Georgia that plays Ike is rayku but he only plays for fun or barline challenges. I got pretty close to beating him in an Ike ditto last I played him but I fscked up a lot after he took a stock. Right now I still find hope in Ike when I hear of things like San's progress at APEX.
I've been to a few in state tournaments. Most of them are the monthly tournaments at a place called waba where the beat in Georgia and lately a few of the best from other states come to play

Oh yah, I'm 19 and I go to Gainesville state college in Georgia. Currently live in Lawrenceville
O u live about 30 mins away from me we should meet up and ike ditto one day

Hist

Smash Cadet
HIST
Tournament/ Social player
Brownsville, Texas
Catch phrase: Wrong C-Stick....
Name : Jesus Gonzalez

Ike main by choice because Ike is the only char
acter I've ever felt comfortable playing as. I'm a freshman in college at the University of Texas at Brownsville. I play the piano and I'm double majoring in piano music and micro-biology. Enjoy yoga, jogging, cooking, and playing piano.

Video Games wise i love fighters, RPG's and anything story driven! All time favorite games would have to be...... Dragon Age origins, Heavy Rain, Persona 3 FES, Resident Evil Code Veronica and Dark Cloud 2. Online games i've played would be FFXI, WoW, Aion, and i am waiting for FFXIV to come in the mail <3.

I never practice with Ike but i keep up with people that play everyday because i've grown to notice Ike is a lot of patience and his only mindgame is the fact that he has a huge ****** sword. I usually disregard that logic while playing with friends though and just go for mostly fun play through's. My personal approach with ike is power sheilding and punishing approaches. I didn't even know about competitive brawl till last January but i think i do well for myself in tournies.
Current goals as ike is to pin down jab canceling and follow ups to tilts without having to concentrate on crouching. and timing QD perfectly so i can have quick movement before hitting the ground (any frame help on this would rock) and going into a grab.
Hoping to be at Houston MLG and try to do well to help ike be put mid tier where he belongs :<
San and Mr.Doom are pretty much my inspiration to keep up polishing my Ike even though my friends meta knight demolishes me :<

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
NOT ANOTHER IKE IN TEXAS!!!!!!!! DX DX DX TOOOO MANYYYY... Oh well guess we found Arturo's replacement XD

Edit1: I used to play on Aion private server XD

Edit2: Its MLG Dallas not Houston

Edit3: Last phase I placed higher than Mr. Doom XD lol but he is still betta than me XD

Hist

Smash Cadet
WAT, another Texan music major playing piano?

MY BROTHER! I will take you under my wing and call you Squishy!
Can i haz ike tutoringz !
Holy sht! is your piano idol Rachmaninoff too! <3 The original Fsmash is when he goes all out on octaves and chords. Because it has to be done perfectly and nobody wants to see it when someone messes up :D
Texan ikes we need group pic :p (saw one on the falco mains page )

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I love Rachmaninoff so much. About the toughest piece I've played is by Rachmaninoff and it made my tone so mature. Etude Tableaux in e-flat minor, op 39 no 5. I wish I had a recording of me playing it. It got me an A+ on my jury that semester.

Anyway, we can keep talking in the general discussion (I don't like to clutter the boards too much, just that thread, lol).

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Can i haz ike tutoringz !
Holy sht! is your piano idol Rachmaninoff too! <3 The original Fsmash is when he goes all out on octaves and chords. Because it has to be done perfectly and nobody wants to see it when someone messes up :D
Texan ikes we need group pic :p (saw one on the falco mains page )
Group pic has already been done. Though we still need to photoshop A_B out of there.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Are you coming to the Dallas tourney this weekend Hist?? also here you all go...

Brettster/San/Bored/Slaps/Burrito(not ike main no more XD)
These are all TX Ikes excluding San and Niddo...

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I love Rachmaninoff so much. About the toughest piece I've played is by Rachmaninoff and it made my tone so mature. Etude Tableaux in e-flat minor, op 39 no 5. I wish I had a recording of me playing it. It got me an A+ on my jury that semester.

Anyway, we can keep talking in the general discussion (I don't like to clutter the boards too much, just that thread, lol).
My best friend's little brother played this Rachmaninoff
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQKMpg_GlX8

He was like 12 or 13 at the time.

Hist

Smash Cadet
BAH! i would go but you all are all the way in butt africa :< Come closer to the south XD
Ill be waiting till MLG to make a major long distance trip to up north Texas ill see you all then hopefully!\

EDIT: Will there be video's? Save sum!

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
bump~

I mostly lurk and learn stuff on SWF, rarely ever posting, but I'll put my profile anyway.

My name is Louis Guillemin, I'm eighteen, currently studying law in Paris and enjoying college life. I have some basic hobbies like reading, movies and stuff. I listen to a LOT of music, many different styles too. No particular talents; I tried a lot of different sports, from judo to tennis table, fencing, scuba diving, bike... but never found the right one I guess.

I used to play a lot of different video games but since I started playing brawl I got more and more invested in it. Now I basically only play brawl and games from licences I really like -Zeldas, FEs and KHs.

I started playing Ike since I got the game, cause I was a huge fan of the character in PoR. I watched a video of GimpyFish which stated that "ike=garbage" before I even bought the game and that's how I learned that Ike was slow D= ("what a huge pile of ****! Ike is the fastest lord in FE games!" '-')
My wii stopped reading the game for a long time and when I finally got it fixed I started playing wifi -about one year ago. Although I lived in paris, where finding fellow brawl players is easy, I didn't play offline for about 6 months.
When I finally did, at a local tourney, I placed last but enjoyed it far more thant any match on wifi, so I tried and step up my game.

Now my ike sucks a little less.
I use Pit as a secondary, helps me in some MUs, and I really enjoy playing as him as well.

that's about it, imma try and rep ike in france but i can't promise anything. see you on the boards~

Kevbot34

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I'm Kevin Lanzone. I'm from St. Charles Missouri, but I'm off at college now in Moberly Missouri. I'll be 19 in December.

I play bass guitar, a lot of sports, and love just about every style of music. My favorite bands are Journey, Bright Eyes and Brand New.

I originally mained Ike when Brawl came out because FE is such a fantastic game (and Marth is gay). I no longer main him for when I play to win, but he is still easily my favorite character. I now main Lucario and Pokemon Trainer.

Pokemon is my favorite video game series, I'd say, but Fire Emblem, Sonic (nothing newer than Sonic Heroes), and a handful of others are great too. I'm fairly new at competitive battling, but I have learned pretty quick. I'm in a crew over at Neoseeker called A King's Brawl. We're not the best or anything, but it's a good community and they've been great teachers for me.

I've been to only 1 tournament. I got last place in singles and wasn't too bad at doubles. I don't remember my placing (still fairly low). It was a lot of fun though, and I'll definitely try to do more if I get the chance.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
metroid needs to put in the OP

"First let us know you exist and plan to stick around by sticking around first"

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Eh, sure, but I currently only have like one piece I'd feel comfortable recording and putting online.

Here it is performed by Dimitris Sgouros-- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk8UgCSrgv0&feature=related (Goes from start to about 0:58 before the other starts)--- It's a little faster than I prefer to take it, but it's like... the only good performance of this piece I can find on YT right now. Everyone else does weird stuff like slow down where the music explicitly says you get FASTER or it's just like.. way too slow.. or people (a DOCTOR) use(s) the most ******** fingerings that make him go super slow... anyway, /rant....

I'll probably learn some easy pieces over the winter break, maybe some Chopin nocturnes or preludes, and put them online.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I was thinking to spice up this thread, each profile can have comments from other Ike players on what they think about their style of play or them as a person.

metroid1117

Smash Master
I claim the title of best lurker.

I'll probably learn some easy pieces over the winter break, maybe some Chopin nocturnes or preludes, and put them online.
I'm looking forward to that :).

That performance you linked was ridiculous, by the way. Age 14... that was quite impressive.

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
My posts per day is still lower >:p
I claim the title of person that doesn't actually main Ike. And doesn't have a profile to put that up on anyway.

Top Bottom