• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The H2YL Tier List - The Real Sh*t

clank123

Smash Rookie
I agree with slithe, falco is one of the best charecters and ALMOST no one has mastered snake like they discuss.

Red.Tide

Smash Cadet
I'm surprised that Kirby made it so high in the tier list. He's an excellent character and all, but I think he should be moved down. He suffers from the Bowser problem, meaning that he has many good matchups, and only five bad matchups (apart from some very minor disadvantages). Unfortunately, these five bad matchups are Snake, Meta, G&W, ROB, and Marth. 5 out of the 7 characters above him. Thus leaving Kirby to get ***** in tournaments.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Nice list!!! I like most of it. Peach's placement is SPOT ON! The only thing that really bothers me is that I think Yoshi and Ganon should switch spots. Everything else is pretty good, at this stage in the game and as for what has happened so far I think this is pretty good. Can't be perfect but it's general accurate.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
why is yoshi bottom tier he should be low tier. Yoshi can compete with the mid and the high tier so he should be at least low.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I'm thinking the list maybe biased just because a few renowned people won multiple tournaments. I don't think its fair to say, just because one guy is good with the character and places well that he should be high tier. I don't believe it works like that...

I have to ask, did the tier list people look at EVERY tournament results everywhere in the world? If so, then I would approve completely. If not then wtf.. you guys suck.

Hax

Smash Champion
chill out chillin i'll admit shadow might've been a wee bit woozy when he made that post but still his MK is an animal. almost as great as the great hax$ himself. just ask hax$.

EDIT: upon further inspection of this tier list i only see like 2 flaws and they're not that big. so please read MD/VA ppl and don't beast on me.

1.peach is too high
2.diddy and TL are too low

thank you for reading

oh and apparently nobody knows about YOSHI'S TOP SECRET INFINITE ON METAKNIGHT

exidid

Smash Journeyman
Well, if MK gets good enough to, he'll be unbeatable. That argument is flawed, just because you get better with one character does not mean other characters can't get 'good enough'.

Hax

Smash Champion
nah man. i don't think brawl MK is like melee fox, he won't get banned or i know there's gonna be a ****load of controversy.

CHILLIN DOESN'T KNOW ABOUT YOSHI'S TOP SECRET INFINITE ON METAKNIGHT

Hax

Smash Champion
anyone is broken when m2k uses him lol

chillin u were supposed to ask about yoshi's infinite on metaknight like 5 posts ago lmao

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
edit
nahh, actually it is only a chaingrab, hax. yoshi can do it across the stage agaisnt mk.. he breaks out and will go flying into the sky then fall.. before he gets the chance to move again yoshi can chase him and regrab. it's not infinite

Percon

Smash Lord
^ It's going to end when the edge of the stage is reached, which is 4 throws at the very maximum. And unlike say DDD, Yoshi doesn't actually throw, meaning all damage will be done via (stale) grab attacks. Which is little damage. And not very exploitable when off FD.

Unless Hax is referring to some pivot grab thing that allows him to do it back and forth, but I don't know if such a thing exists. Maybe I should look it up...

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
oops... sorry i'm tired lol. i missread the posts and thought hax and chillen were talking about whether or not it was a chaingrab =/ i didn't mean it was an infinite, cuz it is not. just a chain grab that can be done across the stage

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
isnt it some BS like yoshi grabs and then lets him go and then grabs him again? that ****s not infinite
works on wario

^ It's going to end when the edge of the stage is reached, which is 4 throws at the very maximum. And unlike say DDD, Yoshi doesn't actually throw, meaning all damage will be done via (stale) grab attacks. Which is little damage. And not very exploitable when off FD.

Unless Hax is referring to some pivot grab thing that allows him to do it back and forth, but I don't know if such a thing exists. Maybe I should look it up...
yoshi's grab attack does the damage for it but its not infinite.

Hax

Smash Champion
but it does about 20%

easily one of the best combos in brawl

Mmac

Smash Lord
Yoshi can also follow it up with a Usmash on him on release, which he is unable to block or evade, Making Yoshi able to kill MK much easier than normal.

HAX, Yoshi can't Infinite MetaKnight, I don't know what you're talking about. If he could, then you'll see alot more Yoshi and alot less MK's on the field, not to mention that it would have been clear as day in the first place.

Yoshi can only Infinite Wario, the remaining characters he can Chaingrab are just Linear CG's

Hax

Smash Champion
my bad for playing this game like once a month lol. i just advertise stuff bum finds out. that guy is amazing lol

EDIT: daaaaamn you can usmash out of it? i don't think even bum knows about that.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Hmm... Zelda can chain a wario grab release into a lightning kick... does that mean she can do the same to MK?
Not sure, but Wario goes Straight up, while MK Goes more at a small ^ style 45 degree angle. You could probably do a Lighting Kick if you react fast enough and have good timing, or go for a sliding Usmash also (If she can do so). I don't know because I don't use Zelda nor have fought many, so I can't say for sure. It's worth trying though

M@v

Subarashii!
Fox at the bottom of the middle tier? Hes about as good as wolf..slightly worse. I'd say bottom of hier tier or near the top of middle. Lots of combos, decent recovery, great kill moves, but he is light and isnt good at approaching.

I think Snake should be up with MK. But other than that, pretty accurate. Poor link...getting screwed over by his recovery.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I wanna say it seems Shiek and Sonic are too far apart, considering they seem to have alot of similiar pros and cons. But at the same time Chillin pretty much said when it get's that low it's a toss up.

Still the needles are great, but nothing that I would think would put her that much higher... unless it's just her DownB. Which is a pretty **** fine move.

Rimmer

Smash Rookie
And I don't see how Falco is top tier either. IMO, he's a piece of crap, and Fox is still amazing.
Dude, Fox gets KO'd by Falco's fsmash at like 80%. That's pretty much just chaingrab to DLX that's required for a KO. Falco>Fox.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Dude, Fox gets KO'd by Falco's fsmash at like 80%. That's pretty much just chaingrab to DLX that's required for a KO. Falco>Fox.
yes... while I do think that this list gives falco far too much credit because of some good users.. there's no denying that he is much better than fox.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
No because its true. Yoshi has lots of potential. Just because not that many people use the character that doesn't make the character bad.
the thing is... does he have MORE ability than those above him? I say no

and as for unlocked potential
characters like pokemon trainer and zelda/shiek have the ability to switch movesets mid battle... they have PLENTY of undiscovered potential... but you can't rank on just potential.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
No because its true. Yoshi has lots of potential. Just because not that many people use the character that doesn't make the character bad.
Because you say so, right?

I love how much elaboration you put into your reason why Yoshi is good.

Red.Tide

Smash Cadet
I'm surprised that Kirby made it so high in the tier list. He's an excellent character and all, but I think he should be moved down. He suffers from the Bowser problem, meaning that he has many good matchups, and only five bad matchups (apart from some very minor disadvantages). Unfortunately, these five bad matchups are Snake, Meta, G&W, ROB, and Marth. 5 out of the 7 characters above him. Thus leaving Kirby to get ***** in tournaments.
I posted this earlier, does anyone else feel this way? Not that I don't want Kirby to be top tier.

Shinku said:
i gotta have something to fight against meta gay. if only marth was better........
Wow. You're whining because Marth isn't good enough for you? Considering that he beats out 7/8 of the cast? And has a 4-6 matchup against Meta Knight?

Top Bottom