• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The H2YL Tier List - The Real Sh*t

Swordplay

Smash Lord
I really do think that the top of the this list is perfect.

When it gets down to the bottom the order is debatable. For example I disagree with the two bottom tiers.

I would take characters such as ganondorf and put him in bottom and take Link and put him at the bottom of the 2nd worst tier. In a very campy game, you have to give props to people who can camp better and I really think Link can camp better than ganondorf.

Shinku

Smash Champion
Wow. You're whining because Marth isn't good enough for you? Considering that he beats out 7/8 of the cast? And has a 4-6 matchup against Meta Knight?
shinku dosent play marth enough give him a break xD
LOL. im not whining. i do play marth, i just need something to really beat metaknight, so i also use snake and falco as SECONDARIES

and thanks CK your right, i dont play him enough like i should. its just that i get discouraged cuz sometimes i do good with him, sometimes i dont =\

Shadow Light Master

Smash Journeyman
I just went through a few pages, but this tier list is a joke topic, right? Because honestly I don't see how Toon Link and Pikachu are so low. So far I've just heard the TC say "Toon Link looks good on paper but he sucks." So far I've read he has no justification. >_> That, paired with a few other comments he made, make me think he's joking.

EDIT: I just read about up to page 10. I understand that like Gimpyfish, Chillin is a man of few words, but the problem is that while you can make statements and be correct with little explanation, for things like tier lists this just makes you look arrogant. I'm not saying your list is wrong, or that you're uninformed or anything, no, not at all. But I'm saying that when you make something like a tier list, at least please take the time to explain your decisions in depth. Some spots warrant a lot of questioning, like how I mentioned with Toon Link and Pikachu, but that's not all. I'm not saying this is a bad tier list, but I'm saying that it needs more explanation.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I just went through a few pages, but this tier list is a joke topic, right? Because honestly I don't see how Toon Link and Pikachu are so low. So far I've just heard the TC say "Toon Link looks good on paper but he sucks." So far I've read he has no justification. >_> That, paired with a few other comments he made, make me think he's joking.

EDIT: I just read about up to page 10. I understand that like Gimpyfish, Chillin is a man of few words, but the problem is that while you can make statements and be correct with little explanation, for things like tier lists this just makes you look arrogant. I'm not saying your list is wrong, or that you're uninformed or anything, no, not at all. But I'm saying that when you make something like a tier list, at least please take the time to explain your decisions in depth. Some spots warrant a lot of questioning, like how I mentioned with Toon Link and Pikachu, but that's not all. I'm not saying this is a bad tier list, but I'm saying that it needs more explanation.
Agreed... I alreadyn brought it up I think and got a rather unsatisfactory andswer for the mind bogglingly low placement of Zelda, Olimar, Toon Link and Pikachu (lucas is too low too)

Ace55

Smash Lord
WTF @ LUCAS in LOWTIER?!?!?!
could someone explain to me, it seems i have been completely mislead in brawl, and am a complete failure....
Didn't you hear about all the grab release garbage that he falls for? Without that he would be a pretty decent character.

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
i did, but i heard ness is even more effected by it, and ness is higher on the tierlist, and all i heard is that ness is way worse than lucas...

(afaik lucas can only be infinited by marth and 1-2 others...)

chillindude829

Smash Master

Well, if I sat here and responded to every single complaint that was posted about this tier list, it would probably take several years. That being said here's a general response to every single complaint in this thread.

Honestly, and I think this is what a lot of people fail to realize about this tier list, it is opinion. Just like all tier lists that aren't directly based on tourney results. And my opinion is influenced by the people I play and the people I watch play. In my personal experience, I haven't seen anything from Toon Link or Pikachu to warrant them being higher, for example. Of course, for some of you, you might use those characters or know someone who uses them extremely well, and so you think "wow, this guy is full of ****". Obviously not everyone's opinion is going to align, so this many complaints are to be expected with a tier list. The fact is no matter WHAT I posted for a tier list, there would be tons of complaints. But I can justify saying this tier list is mostly accurate with the following: My opinion is based on playing with the best region in the country, MD/VA. I regularly play with Azen, Chu, Forte, NEO, G-reg, etc, and with these various players I get experience fighting nearly every single character, if not literally all of them, and it's always at a very high level. If Azen uses Link or Yoshi, it's not going to be a pushover. But at the same time, despite how difficult those characters of his may be, they don't do nearly as well as his G&W, Marth, Lucario, or Peach, for example.

Basically people should just realize that yes, this is opinion. The things in the first post like "the most accurate tier list in the history of man" were mostly a joke, although again because I play with the most skilled players and in the best region, it actually is pretty accurate as far as opinions go. And like I said originally, the tier list gets kinda fuzzy as it gets lower, so I will admit that I already can look back at it and see flaws with some of the lower tiers. But that's okay, because those characters suck anyway.

xelados

Smash Rookie
Well, if I sat here and responded to every single complaint that was posted about this tier list, it would probably take several years. That being said here's a general response to every single complaint in this thread.

Honestly, and I think this is what a lot of people fail to realize about this tier list, it is opinion. Just like all tier lists that aren't directly based on tourney results. And my opinion is influenced by the people I play and the people I watch play. In my personal experience, I haven't seen anything from Toon Link or Pikachu to warrant them being higher, for example. Of course, for some of you, you might use those characters or know someone who uses them extremely well, and so you think "wow, this guy is full of ****". Obviously not everyone's opinion is going to align, so this many complaints are to be expected with a tier list. The fact is no matter WHAT I posted for a tier list, there would be tons of complaints. But I can justify saying this tier list is mostly accurate with the following: My opinion is based on playing with the best region in the country, MD/VA. I regularly play with Azen, Chu, Forte, NEO, G-reg, etc, and with these various players I get experience fighting nearly every single character, if not literally all of them, and it's always at a very high level. If Azen uses Link or Yoshi, it's not going to be a pushover. But at the same time, despite how difficult those characters of his may be, they don't do nearly as well as his G&W, Marth, Lucario, or Peach, for example.

Basically people should just realize that yes, this is opinion. The things in the first post like "the most accurate tier list in the history of man" were mostly a joke, although again because I play with the most skilled players and in the best region, it actually is pretty accurate as far as opinions go. And like I said originally, the tier list gets kinda fuzzy as it gets lower, so I will admit that I already can look back at it and see flaws with some of the lower tiers. But that's okay, because those characters suck anyway.
Looks like someone's backpedaling and trying to regain some credibility. If you had stated the truth without any sarcasm to fluff it up, I don't think anyone would've gotten (as) angry about the list. Regardless, making lists like this is a waste of time. You could spend your time better by actually playing the game.

How do you know your region is the best? That's just narcissism and xenophobia setting in. Would you like a plug to go with the air pump used to inflate that ego of yours?

inb4"whoareu?"

Taxi

Smash Cadet
Looks like someone's backpedaling and trying to regain some credibility. If you had stated the truth without any sarcasm to fluff it up, I don't think anyone would've gotten (as) angry about the list. Regardless, making lists like this is a waste of time. You could spend your time better by actually playing the game.

How do you know your region is the best? That's just narcissism and xenophobia setting in. Would you like a plug to go with the air pump used to inflate that ego of yours?

inb4"whoareu?"
Woah calm down. I kinda understand where you are coming from, but Chillin's latest post is very reasonable and explains a lot of the thread. Regardless, the internet without fluff and sarcasm is a very boring place....

chillindude829

Smash Master

inb4"whoareu?"
Wow, sounds like you just wanted something to be angry about.

People who have seen me post frequently know I like to joke a lot, so why are you on my nuts about making a joke? I'm sorry random guy, I'll never be sarcastic on the internet again. And lol @ saying making this was a waste of time. You posting was a waste of time, why didn't you spend that time playing Brawl instead? -_-

And actually no there is pretty solid evidence to suggest MD/VA is the best, I'm not just assuming. I posted this in another thread, I'll quote it:

I mean... One tournament doesn't prove anything, but I wouldn't say we have "no idea" what the best region is... all signs point to MD/VA. DSF is probably the best player on the western half of the US, and he lost pretty handily to me and Azen. Cort and PC are the two best players from NY & up... they didn't do very well at CH3 (Cort got 9th, lost to M2K and DSF and PC got 6th, lost to Azen, me, and Forte for 5th place). 4 of the top 5 placers were MD/VA. Plank isn't even considered one of our top 5 players and he tied with DSF for 7th.

Then FAST happened, and Cort got 3rd, and Inui got 5th (compared to CH3 where Cort got 9th and Inui got 17th). There was FL representation (obviously), MW representation (NoJ got 7th) and Texas representation (Hylian got 9th). No offense but placing 7th or 9th at a tournament where Inui got 5th and Cort got 3rd isn't very impressive, especially when you look at Cort and Inui's CH3 placings. The only player other than M2K that can really claim to have a chance at besting MD/VA at this point is Reflex as far as I can tell, and something tells me he wouldn't take out me, Azen, Forte, Neo and Chu.
So... yeah, off my nuts

Cless

Smash Champion
I disagree with Fox's placement, but that's probably just my Fox bias talking, and I guess getting utterly ***** by Pikachu doesn't help his chances any. I need get out to more tourneys.

Everything else looks really good. I can't comment much because I'm pretty ignorant about tourney level Brawl.

5ive

Smash Champion
Pikachu is a highly mobile character with a near infalliable approach due to his low lag aerials and Quick Attack Cancel. This makes him one of the best "anti-camp" characters in the game. Even his neutral B follows the edge, preventing any form of ledge camping! His TWO chain throws give him the ability to add a lot of damage to characters like Snake and Fox, and his ability to gimp with Thunder off of a simple mistake is amazingly effective. His recovery is unmatched in speed and saftey, and all of his smashes are useful.

Pikachu is a well rounded character iwth several good matchups and very few bad matchups; the only disadvantage this character has is that he is more difficult to pick up than some of the more straight-forward characters. However, this also acts as a boon to the rodent because very few opponents will have serious pikachu practice.

Move Pika up.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
That list looks pretty accurate to me. Pikachu is not that great. I am suprised that Marth is that high up though.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725

inb4"whoareu?"
hrrm... any idiot probably knew that chillin wasn't ENTIRELY serious with the list. which is what makes it so awful because, though he's not completely serious, it's not really that bad so no one would pin it as a joke tier list anyway...

just wait a few months... the back room will release one that half the boards will disagree with and the other half will completely base all their character mains on.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
More like, a year.
bah.. I've heard it'll be in a few months... maybe it SHOULDN'T be for a year... but you know the poor peons of the board are just itching for table scraps from the back room.

hova

Smash Champion
people in this thread are bad at brawl

no one is allow to argue with the list until they have won at least two tournies or placed top 8 in five tournies

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
people in this thread are bad at brawl

no one is allow to argue with the list until they have won at least two tournies or placed top 8 in five tournies with the character(s) that are where they are in the tier list.
Fix

10 Peaches

clowsui

Smash Legend
Chillin I think you should be like Sliq: be sarcastic and when they start getting pissed then be even more sarcastic and put capslock on for cruise control.

Cless

Smash Champion
Also, anyone who says Ganondorf is the worst character in the game hasn't played a good one. Ganon can be fast as hell.

Silverflash-x

Smash Rookie
Erm, I hope this is a joke list?

I mean...apparently he wasn't completely serious when he made it, but it doesn't seem like he's completely joking either. That's the problem. If it's going to be a joke list, it should be bad enough so that we know it's a joke list.

If it's a joke list: Whatever, carry on, just know that there are many people who think this is accurate.

If it's a serious list: It's quite inaccurate. There are numerous flaws, and it seems to follow no factual, evidence based system at all, but merely personal experience.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
WTF @ how many people are posting in this thread with accounts made in the past 3 months. Your opinion doesn't matter idiots
you should know that doesn't matter... you can be good without being a member of smashboards... though 99.9999% of the time, your assumption is correct ;)

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Erm, I hope this is a joke list?

I mean...apparently he wasn't completely serious when he made it, but it doesn't seem like he's completely joking either. That's the problem. If it's going to be a joke list, it should be bad enough so that we know it's a joke list.

If it's a joke list: Whatever, carry on, just know that there are many people who think this is accurate.

If it's a serious list: It's quite inaccurate. There are numerous flaws, and it seems to follow no factual, evidence based system at all, but merely personal experience.
What the hell are you talking about?

Nasanieru

Smash Journeyman
This tier list is the most credible one I've seen so far. Of course how can it be 100% accurate, the game isn't even a year old yet.

So much hate in this thread lol, to all the kids RAGING at OP:

Tier lists evolve. They are not set into stone, they are representative of each character's performance in tournament. Considering what Brawl has given us so far, this is a pretty good estimate at this point. Calm down.

Solidix Snike

Smash Rookie
I agree with most of the tier list, but I think Snake should be in God along with MK. However, it's your tier list, not mine, so I respect your opinion.

Reasons why I'll be ignored: 1: I only made an account 3 months ago.
2: I've never played in a major tournament.
3: I'm Snake-biased.

Top Bottom