• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The H2YL Tier List - The Real Sh*t

chinesahh

Smash Lord
the matter of the fact is this is the most accurate tier list to date (since i helped make it) and this list is getting the most attention

people are obviously going to disagree, but i dont want to see ____ is better than _____ debates

**** is annoying

Frames

DI
i like this list, i think you guys did a good job overall, people are gonna *****, oh well, but it's the best we have right now

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I still disagree with Mario's placement though as well many other people. For example, Samus being above Ness, Mario, and Lucas is just goofy, Ike being mid tier let alone above Toon Link and Pikachu is practically blasphemous, and Luigi being 12 ranks higher than Mario makes me want to go into a fit of laughter since it's widely agreed that Luigi is only slightly better than Mario overall. If Wario can be infinited by six people and still be high tier than Mario can easily be middle tier.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Tier lists aren't decided on the idea of, "Well, <character1> can beat <character2>, so why is <character1> lower on the tier list?"

Luigi is higher on the tier list because he has better matchups against the cast compared to Mario.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
Tell my how this list is based off fact and not personal experience. Now, if it truely is merely an opinion, and not an actual, serious list, then I apologize for my misconception. But as far as I can tell, this list doesn't use tournament results or matchups in any sort of organized way.
two overly-wordy posts later and you still have yet 1) say anything of any KIND of imprtance
2) back anything your saying. Basically you just said the same sentence over and over. So to you... lets hear some or YOUR reasoning on why it isn't logical.

Also, YOSHI AND PIKA ARE IN THE WRONG SPOT/ TIER!

My take on Mario: he's so... average. lol jp

I dont hate the list, I still dont agree with everything. I'll live with the bulk of it.:)

TLMarth

Smash Ace
This is not based directly on if the character is good... it's based on how many people use the character, the skill of the people who like whatever character, and therefore the tourney results.
If you placed TL in a high tier people would flock to him, and he would go up as a result

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
This is not based directly on if the character is good... it's based on how many people use the character, the skill of the people who like whatever character, and therefore the tourney results.
If you placed TL in a high tier people would flock to him, and he would go up as a result
replace tl with falcon or jiggs... still stand by what you just said?

IDK

Smash Lord
proto: gimp. i dont understand Donkey higher than Diddy tho. i know donkey is a snake counter... but just idk. i know diddy has NO bad matchups and is "sort of like mario from melee, he doesn't have any bad matchups, but he has to work hard for all of them. against any character he can either take control of the match and own or just screw up and fail." now that i think about it... that sort of makes sense. he is basically neutral IMO so mid works i guess... since when is MK>snake?

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
proto: gimp. i dont understand Donkey higher than Diddy tho. i know donkey is a snake counter... but just idk. i know diddy has NO bad matchups and is "sort of like mario from melee, he doesn't have any bad matchups, but he has to work hard for all of them. against any character he can either take control of the match and own or just screw up and fail." now that i think about it... that sort of makes sense. he is basically neutral IMO so mid works i guess... since when is MK>snake?
because mk has less bad match ups and its not hard to see why he'sbetter.

snake is just easier.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Actually, I've rethought my logic. My only problem with this list is that Lucario has such an ugly number. (12)

Seriously, either move him up to 9 or 10, or move him down a slot to 13. Lucario doesn't deserve 12!

Gringleman

Smash Rookie
Mario isn't as average anymore imo. He is faster now compared to other characters. All of his attacks come out fast excluding fair and have very little lag. I agree with Mewt when he said that the cape has a lot of potential. Using the cape and F.L.U.D.D. well can edgeguard almost anything.

Mario for mid tier.

FooXero

Smash Cadet
Attention everyone, the list is flawless, so if you disagree, then either you or the list is wrong. So once again... the list is flawless.
QFT!

Lol, f*** Metaknight. Seriously. I hate him. Beautiful tier list. Except I think Mario is too low, but that's just one character. He's decent and all around. Nothing amazing but not exactly terrible about him.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
QFT!

Lol, f*** Metaknight. Seriously. I hate him. Beautiful tier list. Except I think Mario is too low, but that's just one character. He's decent and all around. Nothing amazing but not exactly terrible about him.
that too and the fact that Ike is over pikachu and TL.

Slithe

Smash Apprentice
Do you think Diddy might be higher sooner or later? because he's being considered a possible meta knight counter and, since then, is becoming more popular in tournaments, especially with the success Ninja Link has been having with him as of late.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
One guy is not enough to change a tier list.. do you see a lot of diddies that do well?

Just give it time, the list is clearly flawed simply for the fact that some characters are indeed overused. I'm sure people will start to develop counters for certain match ups and then the list will change. Remember it has not even been a year that the game came out.

viparagon

Smash Ace
Is noone besides me miffed about samus? Top of low seems a bit too high. Otherwise, my complaints are the same as everyone else. (Kirby, ike, Peach, lucas, and WTF is ganon so high?)bottom tier is the best one ive seen, excluding ganon, who i beleive should be beneath link and obove jiggs. He just has too much trouble aproaching. Same thing with ike. I thought the community demoted him to low since the beginning, and since no ats were found, he stayed there. Did I miss the boat on something?0

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
i reallllly dont think ddd is better than falco, he's too limited. He's great for now, but his game and what he can do is too limited (run up and shield lol, he gets camped, waddle dees arent that good if you just block it or avoid it, etc), I don't think he should be rank 3rd in the future

chillindude829

Smash Master
the tier list isn't really about future potential. when we made the tier list we decided that while falco does better vs top chars, DDD does better vs way more characters overall, so we narrowly decided to put DDD above him. it's definitely really close either way

chillindude829

Smash Master
lmfao @ people who main top tier characters saying they should be lower. sorry but even if you sincerely believe there are at least 4 chars better than DDD, it just comes off as you wanting to look better because the char you play isn't as good as people think. m2k does this all the time (no offense m2k but lol @ saying mk = snake).

Top Bottom