• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The H2YL Tier List - The Real Sh*t

exidid

Smash Journeyman
Peach: ?!:confused: Does Peach have some insane aerial float-cancel where she can combo 3 attacks in a short-hop? Everybody is under the opinion that Peach has been drastically nerfed from Melee, so why is she still in high tier?
The only thing that was 'drastically' nerfed from Melee is her Down Smash, and it's still effective. All her aerials auto-cancel and she has a hella lot of combos. Down air was seriously buffed and her parasol goes a little higher. Her turnips are very useful and versatile, she can even glide toss. She hasn't been doing bad in tournies. So she hasn't been drastically nerfed.

I'm still a little surprised that she is still high tier, but now I think it's totally plausible.

Deidara~Tail~

Smash Apprentice
Where you'd least expect, and don't say "unde
MK is a god tier... However, I think MK has one bad matchup, and that would be Snake.

And the population of MK mainers is huuuuge. :<

I'm terribly disappointed in how Bowser tied up to everyone else. He's still the low tier. He hasn't really moved up in the tier list or improved much since Melee.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
I agree with everything on this list, except Sonic's placement, everyone is too slow.
He should at least be higher than Ganon, Ganon fails in brawl... hard

lulz aside, anyone whining about "snake should be 2nd in God tier" needs to think something through,
He pretty much IS 2nd in God tier, hell you could consider MK Super 1st in Top tier :p

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
If you're going to have a conversation in this thread, at least keep it to the threads topic.

If you have a complain or a praise please explain your reasoning.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
I agree. I expected Snake to be #2 of God tier, but that D.I.C.K.ing thing definitely takes the cake.

Zero Suit Samus: I expected her to be lower. Have they found a combo for her that you can't DI out of?

D.I.C.K.ing .. BANNED lol

ZSS - is a very good character... she doesn't have many really bad matchups. she's quick and her forward b has a lot of range and power.she also has a lot of good combos.

gritsniper

Smash Cadet
eh i agree with most of this list except a couple of things:
1. i think snake is at least equal to metaknight, not better, but at least equal
2. i personally think game and watch should be where falco is and marth and falco are tied imo but w/e
3. i dont get why kirby is so high

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
Truth.

If you created you're account after brawl came out... chances are, you're opinion pretty much sucks ..

/being real.

null55

Smash Master
I'm afraid of Diddys and Olimars (only in a Nintendo game would you fear a midgit with a gang of pixies and a chimp with a baseball cap) so I feel like they should be a little higher. Have you seen Gano? ****...

I haven't played a good Peach, but I'm happy to see that she's underestimated. At least in your point of view. I'm also happy with Kirby, Pit, Wolf, Lucario, and ICs.

I disagree with Fox. He's so f-ing fast. He can gimp with shines. His u-smash kills at like 80%... Well, w/e.

I don't like Toon Link at the bottom of the mid tier. Just... doesn't feel right at all.

I like where Ike is, but I don't like that he's above TL.

****it Jiggs...

Boss makes Mario look like he shouldn't be where you put him.

Pokemon Trainer uses 3 different characters. How can he be generalized as one character? And I don't want to hear that "well, they switch after dying" bs. Letting PT change really quickly is not a problem. Wastes like 4 seconds...

Sonic sucks. Agreed.

Pretty much everything Mid Tier and above looks fine to me as far as witch characters are there. I feel like some mid tier switching is necessary, and some of the mid tiers should be in the High Tier, but what the hell. It's good enough. (Not really, though.)

God Falco turns me on...

**props to myself for invading NE boards.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Snake gets ***** by Falco and DDD and Metaknight and has a few other bad matchups as well (DK, Wario...). Meanwhile, Metaknight gets ***** by... no one, and has... no bad matchups. So yeah, he's God Tier, Snake isn't.
I agree with this.

The rest of the list? Not so much. It has a lot of glaring errors and a lot of it is simply not reflected in tournament results.

Kress

Smash Rookie
God Tier
Metaknight

Top Tier
Snake
King Dedede
Falco

Upper Tier
Mr. Game&Watch
Marth
R.O.B.

High Tier
Kirby
Pit
Wario
Donkey Kong
Lucario
Ice Climbers
Wolf
Peach

Mid Tier
Olimar
Luigi
Diddy Kong
Zero Suit Samus
Zelda
Ike
Pikachu
Fox
Toon Link

Low Tier
Samus
Ness
Bowser
Sheik
Lucas
Mario
Ganondorf
Pokemon Trainer
Sonic

Bottom Tier
Link
Yoshi
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
Snake should be god tier with MK, I know everyone's gonna say "have you played against good MKs"??? Yeah, I have, but two equal level players using both MK and Snake, well, I think the snake wins...

I'd say Pit & Lucario shoud be upper tiers. For pit, one button, "B". Lucario, um, he's just good, nothing else to say.

Umm, Donkey Kong and Peach higer than Olimar and Diddy Kong? Umm, no? Toon Link shoud be higer, middle tier is just too little, but high tier it's maybe more of what he actually is...
Ike middle tier??? with his Jab abuse? I'm not sure...

Ganondorf and bowser low tier? I'd say bottom, im not that sure anyways, but I've defenitly seen more Links than ganondorfs....

And yeah, im one of those people who just can't accept yoshi as bottom tier. Why cant people realize that he's actually near the middle tier now? played too much melee? MAN, this is another game, not melee, yoshi's got a buff in brawl, more people use him, uuhhh, dah? I'm sure that no-one can stand that yoshi's actually good, so that's why they say "nu way hez bottom tier dont uze him!", so people dont get ***** by yoshis....
He's alredy been recognized as a good character by many players, c'mon ¬¬. The fact that he isn't broken doesnt mean that's hes not good....
Bottom tier? kiss my tail

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
The top tier is the most accurate part of this list.

This list is pretty severely flawed otherwise. There are tons of characters that belong in different tiers than listed here. My opinions:

G&W should be in the top tier IMO. He counters Falco and DDD, and has slight advantage against MK (xyz can vouch for that I think). OBM beat Cort's Snake and says he goes even vs Snake. IMO, he has some of the fewest problem matchups of all characters, almost to the extent MK does.

Wolf and Peach belong in some lower tier. Wolf because recovery is a huge issue in Brawl, and his is terrible. Peach because she has a lot of trouble KOing.

Toon Link should be higher since he can spam all day.

Ike is too high. He's a low tier character. He lacks safe kill moves, and his recovery can be easily punished or gimped by many characters.

Mario should also be higher when he has actual ledgeguarding, some camping, and ways of dealing with camping. He also legitimately counters ROB.

Ganondorf and Sonic should be on the bottom tier. Ganondorf is much too easy to gimp and has way too *****y defense, giving him severe Melee G&W problems. Sonic well, his offense is just absolutely terrible.

Falcon should go up very very slightly as he's clearly better than Sonic. Neither Sonic or Falcon get gimped too much, but Falcon has a bit more range, priority, and kill power.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
The top tier is the most accurate part of this list.

This list is pretty severely flawed otherwise. There are tons of characters that belong in different tiers than listed here. My opinions:

G&W should be in the top tier IMO. He counters Falco and DDD, and has slight advantage against MK (xyz can vouch for that I think). OBM beat Cort's Snake and says he goes even vs Snake. IMO, he has some of the fewest problem matchups of all characters, almost to the extent MK does.

Wolf and Peach belong in some lower tier. Wolf because recovery is a huge issue in Brawl, and his is terrible. Peach because she has a lot of trouble KOing.

Toon Link should be higher since he can spam all day.

Ike is too high. He's a low tier character. He lacks safe kill moves, and his recovery can be easily punished or gimped by many characters.

Mario should also be higher when he has actual ledgeguarding, some camping, and ways of dealing with camping. He also legitimately counters ROB.

Ganondorf and Sonic should be on the bottom tier. Ganondorf is much too easy to gimp and has way too *****y defense, giving him severe Melee G&W problems. Sonic well, his offense is just absolutely terrible.

Falcon should go up very very slightly as he's clearly better than Sonic. Neither Sonic or Falcon get gimped too much, but Falcon has a bit more range, priority, and kill power.

This comment is pretty solid about that "official" list, it doesn't seem like the people who made that list gave it enough thought. it is just like omg chain grab lets put those 2 on top, and totally forget about other characters that are awesome.

I think Link should be higher on the list, he gets a bad rap b/c so many noobs play him and fail, if you check out decent Link players you'd probably agree.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Peach because she has a lot of trouble KOing.
If thats your reason for it then I dont agree with that at all. If you save your moves then you wont have trouble. Peach (the way I use her) is about love taps. For thoses that dont know what I mean, You just use attacks like Jabs, Dairs, Dsmash etc. Moves that you cant really kill with but are fast. Then when you get them to that good % then you dish out the Fairs, Bairs, Uairs and smash attacks. Most people dont use Peach that way. They abuse all her good moves. Thats why they have trouble killing with her.

I save my moves for when I need them. and I rack up lots of damage of my grabs. I just dont grab and toss them like most players do. Peach is a character you dont wanna spam moves with (besides turnips). If anything, spam moves you cant really kill with if you wanna/need to spam.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
says the Mario user.
Do you honestly want to compare what Mario can do to what Yoshi can do? Heck, Mario's specials alone are more useful than about 95% of Yoshi's entire moveset. :laugh:

Anyways, why are people acting like this is offical? It's based on the opinions of a few people from a particular region and people don't seem to understand that. Granted, the forementioned people are respectible and talented players but to say this doesn't have any bias based on their experience is bogus. By the way, does anyone have an idea of how long it will be until an offical tier list is actually made?

Kress

Smash Rookie
Do you honestly want to compare what Mario can do to what Yoshi can do? Heck, Mario's specials alone are more useful than about 95% of Yoshi's entire moveset. :laugh:
I'd like you to explain how is that true. Well, of course you havnt played with good yoshi players. But if you can beat -no- if any mario can beat any good yoshi player using just specials, then i'll eat my words.

I was warned that SWF had a problem against yoshi users ¬¬

GodotAA

Smash Ace
yoshi can do stuff against metaknight... mario cant... that alone makes him better mario gets stuck in tornado all day well so does yoshi but yoshi can chain grab and do sum umb things to the most broken character

BanKai029

Smash Cadet
They seems pretty good. lol this is typical though i main wolf i felt he could go higher thats all. me personally i have never had trouble with any of the high tier characters but i dont know much. Other then that very good

TGYDK

Smash Rookie
I dont think falco beats G&W.. Thats just my opinion, G&W beats falco and its for good reason.

also, shouldnt marth beat him too? but it seems like its for the reason falco can camp marth, and im pretty sure he can chain grab marth as well. so maybe that one is right.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
yoshi can do stuff against metaknight... mario cant... that alone makes him better mario gets stuck in tornado all day well so does yoshi but yoshi can chain grab and do sum umb things to the most broken character

not if that Mario player is smart >_>

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I've read a bit of this thread and I love how you noobs compare a single character to Meta Knight only lol. I'm pretty sure a tier list is one character vs every match up.

Top Bottom