• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The H2YL Tier List - The Real Sh*t

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
What's scary is that there are literally only 2 characters who are significantly different than from my own personal tier list. Everyone else is easily within 1 or 2 places of where I have them. Pretty intriguing. And thank goodness someone else places Metaknight and King Dedede where they belong. I hate seeing King Dedede below like 8 other characters on other lists. Good list, I disagree with very little of it.

chinesahh

Smash Lord
i dont agree with the snake vs MK part...snake defenetly has the advantage over MK...yes i know theres ppl like m2k forte and omni that can beat snakes with ther MK, but thats b/c there just better players, not b/c there MK

wow. i dont even know how to respond to this. mk clearly ***** snake

anyway this list is the ****

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
sorry but this is completely inaccurate....

IMO falco should be 3rd .. >__<

also you should definitely consider moving DK waayy higher lol, i dunno how many DKs you have played so far... but he is A LOT better than everyone thinks.

diddy kong is really low too compared to where he should stand.

you said snake gets ***** by meta knight... i disagree with that completely -__- .. even if it could be called slight mk advantage i don't think mk ***** him.

why do you think dedede should be 3rd though? he's not THAT broken unless you count standing infinites.. which were on at ch3... why? lol

oh wow.. didn't notice yoshi... WHAT?!?! lmao. he may not be used much but he isn't THAT BAD at all..................................

it definitely looks like you made this based off of the characters used in your area that are winning tourneys... kriby is good .. but top of the high tier list? -_-

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
chillin i am infuriated that ness is a mere one spot higher than bowser, in fact if i do say so myself, if ness werent seperated from bowser 4 spots, or possibly 1 tier the size of a large moat, i'd go bananas.

b-a-n-a-n-a-s.

D1

Banned via Administration
Who cares about tier lists...just rep your char straight to the top.

I'm just happy Falco is up there cuz he's definitely one of my mains ^_^.

*leaves smiling*

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Did someone at the Yoshi boards post "look dis tier list got yoshi bottomz" or anything?

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
uhhh.. Yoshi is bottom tier?? lolol.
pride has spoken... haha

Did someone at the Yoshi boards post "look dis tier list got yoshi bottomz" or anything?
lmao.. everyone just realized the madness... i have never used yoshi but he shouldn't be below bowser...

it doesn't really matter though. an official tier list can't be made yet.
D1 is right -_-

Snakeee

Smash Master
ZSS is better than every character listed in high tier except maybe Lucario.
People are finding too many things now to destroy Wario so I think he'll be dropped a bit.
Ike is definitely too high.
I think you're giving bias for Kirby because of Chu.
Those are my only gripes off the top of my head :) ... oh and Yoshi should be higher for sure.

btw you want to have our MM at ESTICLE Chillin? I take back saying I would 100% beat your DDD but I think it's more likely for me to win in that match up. Like someone said, you can never win every time in this game.

chillindude829

Smash Master
I like how almost everyone disagreeing with the list is from either NY or NJ lmao. People who are complaining about so and so character being 1 or 2 spots too high or too low, especially in the larger tiers... please just leave.

I would respond to everyone, but there's too much stupid going on. So instead, I'm just going to point out Shadow 111's post, which honestly stands as one of the stupidest posts I've ever seen on SWF.

sorry but this is completely inaccurate....

IMO falco should be 3rd .. >__<
LOL I love the way this post starts. "This list is TERRIBLE! Falco should be 1 spot higher." Anyway we discussed who should be higher between Falco and DDD pretty thoroughly. It came down to the fact that DDD has the advantage vs a lot more characters, even though Falco does better vs the top characters.

also you should definitely consider moving DK waayy higher lol, i dunno how many DKs you have played so far... but he is A LOT better than everyone thinks.
He's 11th on the list, but you want him to be "waayy higher"? Okay everyone, DK is now above Marth and G&W because Shadow 111 makes a valid point.

diddy kong is really low too compared to where he should stand.
Seriously you're just naming characters that good people play in your area lmao. Just cuz Bum and NinjaLink use DK and Diddy doesn't mean they should be a lot higher. There are good DK/Diddy players in this area, and I'm pretty sure that even if their placements aren't entirely correct, they are close enough to where they should be.

you said snake gets ***** by meta knight... i disagree with that completely -__- .. even if it could be called slight mk advantage i don't think mk ***** him.
People who still think this just haven't seen the matchup played at a high level enough. Trust me in 3 or 4 months no one will doubt that MK ***** Snake.

why do you think dedede should be 3rd though? he's not THAT broken unless you count standing infinites.. which were on at ch3... why? lol
I dunno, why the **** DID we put DDD at 3rd?
-CG on 2/3rds of cast
-Extremely good at racking up damage (back throw = 16%)
-Has strong, quick kill moves (such as up tilt)
-Is extremely hard to kill due to weight/super armor in recovery
-Very easy to space with (a ton of range with ftilt and some aerials)

Oh wait, yeah, I think we got it right.

oh wow.. didn't notice yoshi... WHAT?!?! lmao. he may not be used much but he isn't THAT BAD at all..................................
LMAO this is like when people looked at a Melee tier list and said "Mewtwo bottom tier? WTF? He may not be the best but he has a ton of potential". No. He's just bad.

it definitely looks like you made this based off of the characters used in your area that are winning tourneys... kriby is good .. but top of the high tier list? -_-
Yeah you're definitely right, Kirby is too high and DK is way too low. I think Ninja 111 has effectively disproved this entire tier list, and we should rethink it immediately.

...Wait no, you're just dumb. In the future please try to think before you post, might help prevent looking ********.

i dont agree with the snake vs MK part...snake defenetly has the advantage over MK...yes i know theres ppl like m2k forte and omni that can beat snakes with ther MK, but thats b/c there just better players, not b/c there MK
LOLOLOL. Money match, my MK vs your Snake, $10?

Snakeee: Yea we can do it then whatever. LMAO @ taking back your 100% chance of winning but reducing it to "most likely". You're so cocky for someone who places like 25th or some sh*t.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Chillin.

I'm so pissed off at you.

Marth should be one spot higher.

You are obviously bad at this game and you don't have a clue.

NVM the fact that Marth, G&W, Falco, and Dedede are all pretty **** close to each other in terms of how good they are..they **** does not matter.

The fact that Marth is 6th and not 5th is utter hog wash.

But seriously *****s need to relax a bit. It's ONE tier list made by a group of people.

Chill out people.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
chillin i am infuriated that ness is a mere one spot higher than bowser, in fact if i do say so myself, if ness werent seperated from bowser 4 spots, or possibly 1 tier the size of a large moat, i'd go bananas.

b-a-n-a-n-a-s.
chillin this is a serious inquiry and i feel you should explain your reasoning for otherwise

ness vs bowser is serious ****

edit: the small gap between these two characters decreases your list's credibility two, no, ten fold! good day sir!

chillindude829

Smash Master
Oh **** I didn't notice that post Dazwa. After careful consideration, you're correct. Low tier has been fixed:

Low Tier
Samus
Ness

Bowser
Sheik
Lucas
Mario
Ganondorf
Pokemon Trainer
Sonic

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
You're right but you play DDD more or atleast when I see you in tourney.... good **** tho
I more or less stopped using DDD at the end of april... where have you been?

This is a pretty good list chillin, i might move sheik a little higher, but overall her placement seems correct.

Originally after seeing your list I thought lucas should be above ness. However, after thinking about it more ness should be higher,, fair to everything and double ariels are too good. Lucas is like forward+B all day.

Yoshi is really fun to play as.... he is complete garbage though.

Urulok

Smash Apprentice
I think that Snake is god tier also... better than MK, tilts rules !! xD

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
The H2YL Tier List
July 2008

God Tier
Metaknight

Top Tier
Snake
Agreed. Metaknight is better. He has better matchups, he's safer, better recovery, he can gimp better, he's harder to hit/damage, he has more options in general. Snake sucks in the air, it's a weakness. Metaknight doesn't suck from anywhere on the stage, he has no real weakness.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Also, I don't know why people are surprised by Kirby's placement. He's a solid character. He can kill, he can gimp, he can rack damage, he has a good recovery, he's difficult to "combo" and chain grab, pretty good priority and not a lot of lag on most of his attacks. The main thing that holds him back is his lack of disjointed hitboxes, which hurts his approach.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
I agree about MK being better, he isn't very vulnerable to CG's(like snake) and his recovery isn't gimpable, his air game is great and has a good ground one(unlike snake who has a great ground game, but a not very good air game) I'm happy that Falco is higher than G&W, Marth. Amazing list. =)

*leaves happily* =P

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Yoshi's name is mud now. So I am just going to always expect people to put him in bottom tier. It just makes it 10 times better when I actually destroy top tier in tourneys. So I don't mind it at all.

chinesahh

Smash Lord
I am curious as to why Sonic is so low? He is 24th on Ankoku's list, which is based solely on tourney results.
tournament results do mean something, but WTF at basing results for a tier list

especially when it comes to low tiers

fujbubccc

Smash Apprentice
Frankly, I totally agree with you for tier lists. I just thought that this was also being based mostly on tier lists. But yeah, it never makes sense. Yoshi trolls go on and on about how great Yoshi is, and people say, well put up some numbers. Sonic trolls put up numbers, and people say, but still. Meanwhile the tiers are being skewed upwards because of all of the Snakes and MKs in the tournaments (not to say that they aren't amazing; they are). But yes, if this isn't being based on tourney results, I take back my comment.

Top Bottom