• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The H2YL Tier List - The Real Sh*t

Reioumu

Smash Lord
Kirby is too good :3. I agree with this list.

I propose that GaW should be moved to the bottom of mid tier on the account that he didn't place top 10 at CH3 and we all know MD/Va is better than everyone with any character.
^Too good cause it's true.
-Rei

hunger!

Smash Champion
i agree with this list with the exception of luigi, i think he should be right behind wario because of his crazy airgame. other than that pretty accurate in my eyes

boss8

Smash Hero
Are you kidding me? Being on top means you're the best (in this case, the best player in the crew). But if you're on top and decide not to put your spot on the line because you don't want to "risk it" then should you be deserving of the top spot to begin with? I know you think I'm bias being that I'm Candy's brother, but why don't you ask people who have seen both him and Korn play and have them tell you who they think is better...
1st....last time we had this little debate...korn beat your brother in a set

2nd..... korn consistantly places high.....ch3 9th/25.......cyberden 3rd(second turney) Cyberden 2 (9th)

3rd.....candy easly gets out smarted....korn doesnt....

4th....your bro plays snake aka god tier

5th...korn never started the argument.....korn just said that dark night(the movie sux)

so yea any questions???

PRiDE

Smash Lord
If I ever lose to an Ike in a serious match I probably would have to slit my wrists right then and there.... lolol... and yes 10 dollars would totally help me with gas money.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
If I ever lose to an Ike in a serious match I probably would have to slit my wrists right then and there.... lolol... and yes 10 dollars would totally help me with gas money.
Once you start losing money you get used to it.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
I propose that GaW should be moved to the bottom of mid tier on the account that he didn't place top 10 at CH3 and we all know MD/Va is better than everyone with any character.
phail.

He's fine where he is at....

MK
Snake
DDD
Falco
G&W

That's what i've alway thought the upper tier was, and at FAST, M2k told me the same exact thing. Theirs obvious reasons why G&W is ranked so high, and he has very little bad match ups. and does very well against the god tier.

I would know...

p.s.- PRiDE is a sick yoshi main!!! But i'm not going to argue on where he places in the tier list.

Chaos0419

Smash Apprentice
1st....last time we had this little debate...korn beat your brother in a set

2nd..... korn consistantly places high.....ch3 9th/25.......cyberden 3rd(second turney) Cyberden 2 (9th)

3rd.....candy easly gets out smarted....korn doesnt....

4th....your bro plays snake aka god tier

5th...korn never started the argument.....korn just said that dark night(the movie sux)

so yea any questions???
1. I don't know what you're talking about. Candy has beaten Korn 95% of the time and you KNOW this. If you're so confident that Korn can beat Candy, then do you want to do side bets next time they play? Let's say $50? Let's see how confident you are about Korn being better now!!!

2. Consistently places higher? See what Korn places on average and compare it to what Candy averages... Not only does Candy average better but he also goes to more tournaments. Now that's being consistent.

3. You're entiled to your opinion, no matter how wrong you are.

4. Yeah he plays Snake... Your point? Korn plays MK!!! Wooooooow.

5. Are you serious? Go back and re-read everything Korn has posted. Then get back to me.

boss8

Smash Hero
1. I don't know what you're talking about. Candy has beaten Korn 95% of the time and you KNOW this. If you're so confident that Korn can beat Candy, then do you want to do side bets next time they play? Let's say $50? Let's see how confident you are about Korn being better now!!!

2. Cosistently places higher? See what Korn places on average and compare it to what Candy averages... Not only does Candy average better but he also goes to more tournaments. Now that's being consistent.

3. You're entiled to your opinion, no matter how wrong you are.

4. Yeah he plays Snake... Your point? Korn plays MK!!! Wooooooow.

5. Are you serious? Go back and re-read everything Korn has posted. Then get back to me.
it doesnt matter....it depends on turney placings who is better.....if they fought one on one it doesnt matter.....im sure the people your bro lost to are the same ones they korn can beat...GTFO.......or i will beat u all with my low tier mario....btw tell yo bro i will have his money in about a week.

korn has lost interest in brawl anyways....due to melee....

i still play both and i am good AT BOTH!!! unlike danny.....

melee=he is horriable....

brawl=he is decent....

hova

Smash Champion
the originals aka TNR part 2 are the worst crew ever

all ya'll do is bicker back and forth. makeshift crews are stupid, crews need to be formed naturally from people that you play with often and actually like

originals=fail

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
what do u base that tier list off O.o i know that like mid high and top are the ones that matter but a lot is opinionated here right.

east coast ftw! i wish i got more into njz tourny scene

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
actually the only close knit group i would play with is korn Boss and Blues except blues is not an original the rest candy gonzo and peeps just wanna be in the loop xD

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
the originals aka TNR part 2 are the worst crew ever

all ya'll do is bicker back and forth. makeshift crews are stupid, crews need to be formed naturally from people that you play with often and actually like

originals=fail
lol it's not my fault...
i dont have a clue why a guy name chaos keep arguing in this tier thread...

and i agree with CK..
only Boss, CK, chozengay and me are in Originals, we're all cool to each other

so don't blame our crew D:

...and a whoever name Chaos need to stop kiss Candy's azz...
no one cares about his argument..

-------------------------------
sorry Chillin, Hova.. :(

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
ummmm no MK clearly loses to Snake, I don't know who's better but MK definitely does not have the advantage over Snake. You live in the area where all the top MK players are, but you haven't seen many top snake players by comparison. Every snake that was good took a match off me in FL when i was mk, but i won the sets cuz im a better player. If Snake doesn't get gimped, he wins, if he gets gimped he loses.

Oh and let's not pretend you can't land, you can still footstool people's heads if they are trying to land, and you can B-momentum-pivot your trajectory by pressing B (or down B) and then right after that pressing left or right, besides coming down with an aerial or air dodge and mixing up fast falls. You play Azen who is perfect at punishing air dodges, but I don't even compare with Azen's timing at that, and without gimps Snake beats MK.

1-2) MK/Snake tie
3) Falco
4-5) Wario/GW
6) DDD

that's my current opinion

chillindude829

Smash Master
DDD under Wario and G&W? M2K do you realize how many different characters can grab release Wario into a strong attack? I think you let every tourney you play affect your view of the tiers too much. Before FAST I never saw you put Wario that high but a Wario gets 2nd at FAST and suddenly he's 4th on your tier list. And a couple of matches that some good snakes took off your MK don't exactly prove to me that Snake beats MK.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
actually chillin even though i do change opinions based on experience, i thought wario was TOP tier BEFORE fast1, since Futile was doing so well, and DSF thought the same thing, just not enough people used him. I still think Snake has the advantage vs MK, you can think what you want, but you have played all the top MKs and you still beat them, that should say something besides your own skill level.

chillindude829

Smash Master
Wait, wtf? Top MK's I've played with Snake: you (I lost), Forte (barely won last time), Omni (lost last two times) and Azen who always dominates my Snake with MK, although we've never done that match in tourney. Out of all of those top MKs, I only actually beat one, and even then it was extremely close. I don't even use Snake vs MK anymore, because I know I have a better chance with a different character.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
ummmm no MK clearly loses to Snake, I don't know who's better but MK definitely does not have the advantage over Snake. You live in the area where all the top MK players are, but you haven't seen many top snake players by comparison. Every snake that was good took a match off me in FL when i was mk, but i won the sets cuz im a better player. If Snake doesn't get gimped, he wins, if he gets gimped he loses.

Oh and let's not pretend you can't land, you can still footstool people's heads if they are trying to land, and you can B-momentum-pivot your trajectory by pressing B (or down B) and then right after that pressing left or right, besides coming down with an aerial or air dodge and mixing up fast falls. You play Azen who is perfect at punishing air dodges, but I don't even compare with Azen's timing at that, and without gimps Snake beats MK.

1-2) MK/Snake tie
3) Falco
4-5) Wario/GW
6) DDD

that's my current opinion
YES!!!! lmfao .. now that m2k has said it i bet everyone who was just talking **** about meta ****** snake will shut up.. so sad haha

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
sorry but this is completely inaccurate....

IMO falco should be 3rd .. >__<

also you should definitely consider moving DK waayy higher lol, i dunno how many DKs you have played so far... but he is A LOT better than everyone thinks.

diddy kong is really low too compared to where he should stand.

you said snake gets ***** by meta knight... i disagree with that completely -__- .. even if it could be called slight mk advantage i don't think mk ***** him.

why do you think dedede should be 3rd though? he's not THAT broken unless you count standing infinites.. which were on at ch3... why? lol

oh wow.. didn't notice yoshi... WHAT?!?! lmao. he may not be used much but he isn't THAT BAD at all..................................

it definitely looks like you made this based off of the characters used in your area that are winning tourneys... kriby is good .. but top of the high tier list? -_-
Sorry but some of your statements are completly innacurate...

D3 is 3rd, sorry standing infinites dont impress you, but he is also just a good character, with the ability to chain grab nearly everyone he has the recovery, weight, reach,and hes not slow. He is solidy one of the top characters.

Kirby ACTUALLY is great again. He can combo well in the air and his kill moves have much more knockback, his recovery was great and his speed isnt bad at all. Kirby characters got a buff this time around, but thats clearly seen why.

I'll agree on the diddy and yoshi statements. Yoshi isnt that bad and ganon certainly isnt as good as they said he is, they could be switched and I think it would be fine. Pikaand diddy are better than peach and D.K. IMO... People can argue the details all day, but its still a good tier list.

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
This is as accurate of a tier list that I've seen (I don't generally look at them, though, so I can't really talk.)

I, of course, have a few small disagreements but that's always going to happen with things like this...

One thing I have to point at is why Ike is so high? I main Ike, myself, but consider a few of the characters below him to be better simply because of how many bad matchups and how gimpable an Ike is.

*backs away slowly before he gets attacked*

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Is there any reason why this is in Atlantic North discussion? Is it to avoid being locked for not being in the official tier discussion in Tactical Brawl?

Ohhhh...This is here because it is a tier list based mainly on the Atlantic North Brawl scene. Amirite?

K, anyways, I feel like arguing, but I don't want to be flamed. So, rather than arguing, I will respectfully state my opinion and ask why yours differs from mine.

God Tier
Metaknight

Top Tier
Snake
King Dedede
Falco
I agree. I expected Snake to be #2 of God tier, but that D.I.C.K.ing thing definitely takes the cake. Expected Falco to be lower, but I play Kirby. So that's personal bias. No comlaints here.

chillindude829 said:
Upper Tier
Mr. Game&Watch
Marth
R.O.B.
Agreed. I thought R.O.B. would be higher than Marth, but I see where you're coming from.

chillindude829 said:
High Tier
Kirby
Pit
Wario
Donkey Kong
Lucario
Ice Climbers
Wolf
Peach
OK. So this is where things start to get a little shaky for me. I want to say Kirby might be a little lower, but the Kirby main inside me is telling me to shut up.

What's your reasoning for putting Pit so high? Is arrow spam really that effective?

Wario: agree

DK: expected lower, but agreed.

ICs: Probably could go a little higher, but no complaints.

Wolf: Maybe a little lower, but maybe the Kirby bias is talking again.

Peach: ?!:confused: Does Peach have some insane aerial float-cancel where she can combo 3 attacks in a short-hop? Everybody is under the opinion that Peach has been drastically nerfed from Melee, so why is she still in high tier?

chillindude829 said:
Mid Tier
Olimar
Luigi
Diddy Kong
Zero Suit Samus
Zelda
Ike
Pikachu
Fox
Toon Link
Zero Suit Samus: I expected her to be lower. Have they found a combo for her that you can't DI out of?

Ike: Really? I can see where you're coming from, Ike definitely has some potential. But putting him above Pikachu, Fox, and Toon Link? Do any of these guys come even remotely close to having a bad match-up with Ike? Why is Ike in the middle of Mid Tier and not the bottom (of the tier)?

Others: Agree. I might place Pika a little higher, but no complaints here.

chillindude829 said:
Low Tier
Samus
Ness
Bowser
Sheik
Lucas
Mario
Ganondorf
Pokemon Trainer
Sonic
Yes, I reaize the lowest tiers are hard to order, but I have a few questions.

1) Why is Bowser where he is and not a lot lower? Just asking.

2) What do you see in Ganondorf? I thought he was universally agreed to bottom 2. Are there some really good Ganondorf players in your area?

3) PT? Low Tier? I would have thought at least the bottom of middle. Can you explain why he's so low?

chillindude829 said:
Bottom Tier
Link
Yoshi
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
For the most part, I agree with this. However, I think Jigglypuff could be a little higher. Bottom of low sounds good. Why is he/she/it/puffball not higher up?

Top Bottom