• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GtaN Brawl General discussion thread! -Wait, did the title change?

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Yeah, that made no sense at all. Even the GTA has nowhere near that. IIRC, the GTA in its whole has about 1/6-1/7 of Canada's population of a bit less than 35 million.

On another note, Marvel vs Capcom 3 confirmed. Discuss.

.Marik

is a social misfit
toronto has nowhere near one third of canada's population, just saying
Yeah, that made no sense at all. Even the GTA has nowhere near that. IIRC, the GTA in its whole has about 1/6-1/7 of Canada's population of a bit less than 35 million.

On another note, Marvel vs Capcom 3 confirmed. Discuss.
Sigh. Let me clarify.

The entire geographical area of southern Ontario, which includes Toronto, estimates around 1/3.

I can't remember the exact name, but a small strip of land, which includes a narrow column in Quebec (St. Lawrence Lowlands?) is around 1/3.

Not only are they located closely to each other and have excessively concentrated populations, but for Smash, most of the communities participate in average-sized tournaments, especially regions or national tournaments, which is the sort of attention MLG will garner.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Sigh. Let me clarify.

The entire geographical area of southern Ontario, which includes Toronto, estimates around 1/3.

I can't remember the exact name, but a small strip of land, which includes a narrow column in Quebec (St. Lawrence Lowlands?) is around 1/3.

Not only are they located closely to each other and have excessively concentrated populations, but for Smash, most of the communities participate in average-sized tournaments, especially regions or national tournaments, which is the sort of attention MLG will garner.
Whatever you're thinking of is wrong on at least some level.

-Toronto alone has about 1/13th of Canada's population.
-The GTA has about 1/6th of Canada's population.
-The Golden Horseshoe (pretty much all of industrial Southern Ontario) has 1/4 of Canada's population.
-The Quebec-Windsor Corridor has just over half of Canada's population (this appears to be the one you're thinking of, and includes areas which are really really far from Toronto so shouldn't really be considered as automatic attendance for something like an MLG Toronto).

No matter how you divide up the population of Ontario (unless it is in an incredibly arbitrary and not officially-recognized way) you don't get 1/3 of Canada's population in any of the divisions.

MvC3 = Win.

.Marik

is a social misfit
-The Quebec-Windsor Corridor has just over half of Canada's population (this appears to be the one you're thinking of, and includes areas which are really really far from Toronto so shouldn't really be considered as automatic attendance for something like an MLG Toronto).
I'm not sure if that's the name, but I'll assume it is.

MLG Toronto will attract numerous Smashers from geographical locations that are or aren't relatively close to the GTA, especially if it's a national.

Which is exactly what it will be if MLG sponsors.

All in all, it's not close to 1/3 of the total population? I find that hard to believe. Most of Canada is practically a frozen wasteland, and besides indigenous habitants, is practically empty.

We have an excessively concentrated population in the GTA area alone, not to mention surrounding areas, this isn't debatable.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Just FYI, my hard drive crashed and I lost my list of people whom I'm selling ANIME NORTH tickets to... so please send me a PM if you're getting any from me so I can recompile the list, thanks

$40 nonsmasher
$30 smasher

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
So I got a PS3 now :)

Edit: Used PS3 60g from EBgames, backwards compatible :bee:

for 279.99 + tax (316.44 ;))
Well now, that seems like a pretty big waste. Why wouldn't you just get the 120GB PS3 for $20 more, and just buy a PS2 for like $20? Twice the HDD space is worth extra $40 to me. But to each his own, I guess.

But anyways, if you have MW2, add me, Niightshade-

Dayzin

Smash Journeyman
I would say no to mw2 because ppl online are gay, but its still a good game...if u do buy it don't buy any other game for a while.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
The only reason MW2's multiplayer is so looked down on is because the community turned it into a **** game. It's ****ing amazing, and of course, there are things that SHOULD NOT be there *coughCOMMANDOcough*, the game is still really well designed.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
MW2 is boring as **** to me. Especially the one player, played 2 levels before I was bored out of my mind.

On the ps3 I'm either playing fighters or jrpgs. Oh, or uncharted 2 haha.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Nate, i know you don't have any systems, and I've been meaning to ask you this for a while, just always forgot lol. I can see how u play multiplayer games, but when playing single player games, do you just go to somones house and play their system whle they just sit there and watch... you... play...?

Why did you buy a PS3?
mainly for soul calibure 4

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Oh haha, well that was the case sometimes back when I was a kid and ****, but while I don't own any systems at the moment, my close roommate owns a ps3 and a dope tv, I buy the games I want to play, and I end up using the thing way more then he does.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
MW2 is boring as **** to me. Especially the one player, played 2 levels before I was bored out of my mind.

On the ps3 I'm either playing fighters or jrpgs. Oh, or uncharted 2 haha.
I hear ya. It took me two years to start CoD4's Campaign, and I got bored pretty quickly. I haven't started MW2's multiplayer at all. Getting SSFIV this weekend, if I'm not busy.

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
The only reason MW2's multiplayer is so looked down on is because the community turned it into a **** game. It's ****ing amazing, and of course, there are things that SHOULD NOT be there *coughCOMMANDOcough*, the game is still really well designed.
Pretty much this.

Commando is one of the dumbest things I've seen, along with the amount of noob-tubers around.

Dayzin

Smash Journeyman
Pretty much this.

Commando is one of the dumbest things I've seen, along with the amount of noob-tubers around.

I was able to handle the noob tubers but the marathon t knifers killed the game for me...

Thinking about getting SSF4 too

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Is there anyone around Toronto that could house 5 people Friday and Saturday night? Friday is vital cause we're coming in a car, but if you guys can't saturday it's ok we'll just head back straight to MTL after the tourney.
Please, there must be someone who can :/

Top Bottom