• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GtaN Brawl General discussion thread! -Wait, did the title change?

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
nate, why you got a raichu as your display pic, raichu is laaaaaammeee. And when you back in toronto?
Raichu will ****ing Encore your **** talking then Focus Punch you in the mouth while you you still blabbing!

He also keeps Snorlax honest. If Snorlax does anything other than directly attack Raichu he'll get taken to the cleaners. Best believe.

Oh, I'll be back May 3rd :)

Illiad: GCEA - Girls, Catch Em Asian. Amirite!?

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
If we're talking 3rd gen then it depends, Raichu's biggest weakness is that if you just play it safe and directly keep attacking him then he can't do much. But the thing about Raichu is that he's UU, so when he comes out 95% of people aren't afraid, so they think its time for them to set up shenanigans. Raichu then encore substitutes, and then becomes incredibly effective.

Raichu essentially tricks those who think they are being tricky.
Everyone loves to be tricky.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
If we're talking 3rd gen then it depends, Raichu's biggest weakness is that if you just play it safe and directly keep attacking him then he can't do much. But the thing about Raichu is that he's NU and worthless, so when he comes out 95% of people aren't afraid, so they think its time for them to set up shenanigans. Raichu then encore substitutes, and then becomes incredibly effective.

Raichu essentially tricks those who think they are being tricky.
Everyone loves to be tricky.
Fixed for accuracy.

I never played 3rd gen, but Breloom still owns everyone. Looking forward to White and Black.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Are you serious? The reason I didn't finish playing 3rd gen is because I didn't like it.

That being said, 3rd gen was the greatest generation in terms of competitive battling. EVs, abilities. Need I say more?

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Yes, but thats what I'm referring to of course. I never even played any of the 3rd gen games, I just played Netbattle all day.

3rd gen had the most balance ever competitively, you could make so much work for you, for instance :026:

.decoy

Smash Ace
i'm driving a car to pownz on the 24th
-1 spot for phil, but 3 spots are left
anyone want in?
is anyone going? (other than mike, jon and the hamilton people)

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
i'm driving a car to pownz on the 24th
-1 spot for phil, but 3 spots are left
anyone want in?
is anyone going? (other than mike, jon and the hamilton people)
i gotta see if i can get off work but im down

also,dont forget about registration for apex 2,i need 5$ if anyone can gimme that through paypal,thanks

Douhneill

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Douhneill
I am so confused... ANYWAY, Introduction, I guess.

I'm Douhneill. I'm a Mario main hailing from Etobicoke, and I figured I should introduce myself to other smashers here, so that I might have a chance to face someone who doesn't play Pit, Marth, or Gdorf.

So, that's my introduction. Who are you guys?

.decoy

Smash Ace
lol olimar so broken online

edit

also look at that bracket
ADHD lost to illmatic
holy lost to koolaid
dunno mang wifi s for the lulz

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
yo GtaN, I'm pretty sure only 5 people here would recognize me, but I used to run a Bi-Weekly/Monthly WAAAY back when before brawl came out and once brawl came out I ran a number of tournaments then for about half a year (Kingace's first tournament was my Bi-Monthly XP </egoboost>).

So I'm planning on running a Melee/Brawl tournament some time between late-June to mid-August, I'm not to sure about any of the brawl tournaments that are happening since I've been so out of touch with the brawl community that I have no idea with what's going on anymore and I'd prefer it if my tournament doesn't conflict with another one that's happening too soon before or after.

kuenzel

Smash Ace
I'm not to sure about any of the brawl tournaments that are happening since I've been so out of touch with the brawl community that I have no idea with what's going on anymore and I'd prefer it if my tournament doesn't conflict with another one that's happening too soon before or after.
I'm pretty sure nothing's planned around that time as of now

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Could have, but thats not the point. Wifi is and has always been training grounds, not a way to check who is better unless there is a huge difference in levels.
yeah Ikno, I changed the topic XD, shoulda tried to get there man

yo GtaN, I'm pretty sure only 5 people here would recognize me, but I used to run a Bi-Weekly/Monthly WAAAY back when before brawl came out and once brawl came out I ran a number of tournaments then for about half a year (Kingace's first tournament was my Bi-Monthly XP </egoboost>).

So I'm planning on running a Melee/Brawl tournament some time between late-June to mid-August, I'm not to sure about any of the brawl tournaments that are happening since I've been so out of touch with the brawl community that I have no idea with what's going on anymore and I'd prefer it if my tournament doesn't conflict with another one that's happening too soon before or after.
Host something in july and we'll be cool. I'm running a series through the summer and my venue wont be available from july-mid august, so only host something within that time frame.

Ally's got MLG Orlando.
ended up getting 2nd :p

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Not many people would attend. US has much higher numbers, and so, more people are likely to attend. Not all of those who attend US events have passports, another reason why people might not come out. Of course, there are those who would bend over backwards to make it to it (mostly Halo players.) Not saying that it would be significantly lower numbers, but it would still be lower numbers, and an all around inconvenience for MLG.

The attendance drop = Less money made by MLG = an unlikely thing to happen.

.Marik

is a social misfit
The attendance drop = Less money made by MLG = an unlikely thing to happen.
Maybe for the rest of Toronto this would be applicable, but Toronto is the most densely populated city in all of Canada, we have roughly 1/3 of the total population.

Not only that, it's relatively near the border and we have excellent transportation systems.

Quebec would attend, also a heavily populated region.

Ally got 2nd, choked in the 5th match against Mew2King. Must've got camped really hard.

Top Bottom