• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GtaN Brawl General discussion thread! -Wait, did the title change?

nickcam

Smash Ace
Alright anyone hit me up for some Jet set radio future mm. There really wasnt much difference between JGR and JSRF aside from there were alot more challenges and the levels got huge lol

PND

Smash Champion
I just "beat" Braid. Wow, holy crap, what a game.

Scratch that, this is legitimate art. If you ever had any doubts that games can truly be an expressive artistic medium, this is the game for you. And I stress, truly "beat" the game. Get all the puzzle pieces and follow the plot. Get the stars and beat the game for it's extra ending and be prepared to be "blown away".

It's available for PC now, so even if you don't have an Xbox you still have a chance to play through this gem.

EDIT: And opposite of what I just said about the game being art, here's Soulja Boy's review of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSXofLK5hFQ

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
Just saw Transformers 2. It was okay, I went in there expecting to see explosions and Megan Fox looking sexy and I got that. If your old school Transformers fan your going to be pissed at some of the things they got wrong, but what do you expect when it's Michael Bay.

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
I don't know how I didn't notice this topic until now. Time to add late responses to several past topics itt :)

Chrono Trigger is awesome, and so is its soundtrack. Has anyone played Chrono Cross? I haven't tried it yet but I've heard it has nothing to do with CT's story at all or something

My first games were like, Nolan Ryan's Baseball and NHL '94 for SNES :x The first games I really got addicted to were DKC2 and Pokemon Red, then things like Neopets/Runescape.

The Bowser boards kind of annoy me because it's so depressing over there. But don't tell anyone. Also people make dumb posts about things like upthrow -> Bowser Bomb. Also someone made a thread about how ledge stalling with fortress was some kind of revolutionary new technique. This thread was made in May. of 2009. :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Favourite games: Pokemon RBYGSCRSEFRLGColoXDDPP (oof that's a lot), Pokemon Snap, Tetris Attack/Pokemon Puzzle League/Planet Puzzle League (DS version of the game with wifi)/etc, DKC2, DKC3, Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG, SSB/M/B, FF6

Minus/anyone: Pokemon Puzzle League money match? :p I can bring an N64 and the game to the next pownz tournament or something. I love this game so much but none of my friends have ever played it :(

Endless Duel is so much fun. Deathscythe is definitely the coolest. Infinite combos :) I didn't know people actually knew about/liked this game

My favourite part about Wonderland is the fact that 2 of my favourite roller coasters, Wild Beast and Dragon Fire, have rarely had lineups for me. Minebuster/SkyRider also lose their lineups later on in the day from my experiences. Of course, none of these can compare to BEHEMOTH :(

My second favourite part about Wonderland is doing stuff like the Tunak Tunak Tun dance while they film you on coasters like Top Gun/Vortex :)

Manta Ray boss in SMS was a b**** :( I actually beat that boss though, then stopped playing in the level where you have to clean up all the goo in like 2 minutes. It's in the same area as the Manta Ray I think

Can't wait for Golden Sun DS. I actually just played GS1 on an emulator a couple weeks ago and am planning on playing GS2 soon :)

That's 4 pages worth of topics I've discussed now :v Just trying to keep this thread alive I guess

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
I made a video today...my small contribution to the metagame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYeu1LAUzJc

/shameless advertising
Pretty smart and witty. Doesn't look hard at all, you just gotta be **** close to them before the C4 explosion. Giving them space to DI and such. Best part about it is that its almost perfectly safe.

:D Awesome.

Guys I have been talking to the hosts of T10. I can host Both smash games but their talking about the venue fee being inbetween 10 to 15 dollahz. Now, the tournament that myself and Misameka are hosting might be (looks very likely) will be postponed. In that case then I would be making T10 the 3rd ECCSL event.

For those of you interested in the location its off of Warden and Eglinton. A lot farther east than last year's event. The T series has a lot of great smash memories as is, the venue fee concerns me but for the most part I really wanna keep smash in this. They also have a lot of MTL vs TO **** going on. Brawl crews Ontario vs MTL if the MTL attendance is good?

Hype

Smash Lord
Hey, that's pretty cool. Those looked like real matches, so they may get put into the combo video
:) Yeah they were real matches. Speaking of the combo video, I think you should make a thread about it so people can all post their vids in one spot.

Pretty smart and witty. Doesn't look hard at all, you just gotta be **** close to them before the C4 explosion. Giving them space to DI and such. Best part about it is that its almost perfectly safe.

:D Awesome.
:) thanks

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Good thing you posted about T10, I was just going to ask you about it since someone on GGPO reminded me about it. The SRK thread said August 7-9th I think and the venue was TBA.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
For those of you interested in the location its off of Warden and Eglinton. A lot farther east than last year's event. The T series has a lot of great smash memories as is, the venue fee concerns me but for the most part I really wanna keep smash in this. They also have a lot of MTL vs TO **** going on. Brawl crews Ontario vs MTL if the MTL attendance is good?

LOLOLOOLOLOL I live around pharmacy and eglinton..

it tkes me like 10 mins to walk to warden and eglinton.

adnan make thread for this *****.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
im makin a montage of my fox for good ol' times,but i need a song for it...any1 have any suggestions?

and adnan im up for it

JvaN_

Smash Apprentice
Nu is broken (DDDDDDDDDDD wtff) :(

Tager backstep -> 360/720 is just soooooo sexy though. I gotta try getting a stick in the future for this thing - dpad doesn't cut it for me.

JvaN_

Smash Apprentice
Using Litchi and Tager here. Maybe a bit of Arakune. It's just that it's pretty difficult to land some of Litchi's BnB combos with the dpad - I could probably do better with a stick. I also burst at bad times cause my thumb is too fat...

I've actually been hearing that there's not many NUs online.. probably off winning offline tournaments >_>

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Switching characters is pretty difficult, I've pretty much just been sticking to Noel. Shes definately my favorite character in the game storywise : p

I'm having trouble cancelling her side c to grab whif to dashmore than twice in a row bc of the dash, but I'm working hard to master it

Gichan

Smash Champion
I have sooooo much to work on in that game. I am definitely going Carl and Rachel. thos characters are awesome. I also like Arakune, but for some reason I have a hard time playing him. Hopefully this sunday 5ive can show me some **** with Carl to pwn.

5ive

Smash Champion
lol Gi. Yeah, I've been learning some Carl, and holy ****, negative edging is hard. Learned some ground loops but it's really hard to set up with Nirvana in a real game/ And when I play Arakune, all you have to do is summon bees and you win. Too easy V_V.

JvaN_

Smash Apprentice
Well I'm sure we have a lot of work on the game, but the game came out like a week ago. My Litchi is sooooo bad lol >.< So many things are hard on dpad.

Carl.. all you gotta learn is that grab loop, what can lead into it, and the timings on each character.. that's about it.. seriously. Actually, Carl has a pretty large learning curve. Arakune is like.. hit with a curse -> mash buttons

5ive

Smash Champion
Well I'm sure we have a lot of work on the game, but the game came out like a week ago. My Litchi is sooooo bad lol >.< So many things are hard on dpad.

Carl.. all you gotta learn is that grab loop, what can lead into it, and the timings on each character.. that's about it.. seriously. Actually, Carl has a pretty large learning curve. Arakune is like.. hit with a curse -> mash buttons
Every character has a different setup into the grab loop though. Most start from an Alle~can. Not everyone is going to let you do a grab loop setup. It's like the IC's; you have to learn how to play with only Popo or with no chain grabs, except in this case you have to learn how to play as Carl if they shut down your Nirvana options.

Right now I fail though.

Pho

Smash Journeyman
Learning how to play on a stick is hard... I want my controller back.

Top Bottom