• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GtaN Brawl General discussion thread! -Wait, did the title change?

.Marik

is a social misfit
Posting here because I need more f*cking rides to these f*cking Tournaments.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Spam? In a social thread?

In regards to the PR, I still found some things weird. Hype over Nickcam? Really? Even though Nickcam has more wins?

Fool not tenth? What does he have to do to get on that list? He beat Percon, Mikey ( I think twice, don't know), Joe (!!), ****, some others, I forgot.

Joe should honestly be higher, he has beasted too much and ****.

I understand how the rankings go, but man, some of those just look weird. I know I'm not a panelist, lol, I'm just surprised at those.

Upcoming tournaments are gonna be ****!

PND

Smash Champion
Here's a great read on the state of the "Casual Market" and Nintendo's business philosophies. It's long, but it's pretty enlightening.

http://malstrom.50webs.com/birdman.html

It explains a lot, if you weren't already aware of disruption and tiered marketing strategies, and can help explain that sinking feeling that you sometimes get, or at least I do, when I play a hyped game and feel that's "nothing's there." When you play a sequel and it fails to live up to the first. Or, conversely, when you play a game like Ico or SotC and absolutely love it for reasons you can't quite discern. This shows the indsutry side of that, and how everyone keeps chasing Nintendo, as this year's E3 shows.

I've been saying it since the PS3 launched, I think the next Playstation system will be the last, unless they change their strategy drastically.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
PNDMike, I read a lot of that and it is really interesting.

But man is it long... hahaha no way I could finish all that...

Pho

Smash Journeyman
Facebook.com/Phuongpham I have a couple of people already, but I wouldn't mind expanding my smash friends.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Awesome link PNDMike, haven't finished it yet.

'The reason why hardcore gamers’ hearts sink when a company says they will make the game include ‘casuals’ is because they know that all the edge, difficulty, and passion will be ripped out to make a generic, easy, and soul-less game.'

Been saying this + more for years! Hahahahah posting this in this thread is hilarious.

Mhmmm that article kicks ***.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Soooo Harvest Moon sucks, Animal Crossing's real time shenanigans owns it cause **** man, a day flliiesss in that game.

Btw, because of playing Dementium, I was looking up the developer for that game, and there is this other game that is supposedly amazing called Moon, has anyone ever heard of this game?

PND

Smash Champion
^ That's why the original Harvest Moon was good as opposed to the rest. You had unlimited time at night.

Also everything was simpler, which took away from the "chore" aspect of it. And hooking up with the bar chick was mad easy.

Gichan

Smash Champion
yo i love Dementium Gi, that game is awesome
Oh ****, someone actually played it. The same people that made that game made another similar to it but supposedly a lot better. I mentioned it in the last page, it is called Moon. After I beat this game I'm definitely starting that. Oh and it isn't in a ward, it is in space. So it is a sci-fi fps/adventure game.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y186gVEz6Uc
first day I got this game I lost my voice..
my cousins, friends and I would have teams money matches and ****.
this game is soo jokes you'll **** golden bricks for hours.
Omg, that game is amazing. I played it with friends for like 4 hours, and it was so tense during that Super Shots thingy. Where you hold down B and time it and you can score like 4 goals lol.

I used to press the Home button the Wiimote and there's a little icon that appears on the screen that says no going to home and it distracted my friends so much during that catching the balls thing. lolol

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
the game is really fun.

we should do some teams mms next time we have an event together.

zeriph

Smash Journeyman
LOL, yo dude, after we played that day I was seriously ****ing hooked, lol. I ended up beating it. And if anyone challenges me I'd definitely be up for it. That game is just too **** good!
Hahaha, if I end up heading out there again we'll have some srs Advance Wars mm's.

Pho

Smash Journeyman
12 hour later and I'll be a free man!

Now back to studying...

Gichan

Smash Champion
Pho, I wasn't saying I'm good, lool, I fail at it, but it is too fun. I'll like $2 MM you in that.

Nate should get in on this.

Pho

Smash Journeyman
Pho, I wasn't saying I'm good, lool, I fail at it, but it is too fun. I'll like $2 MM you in that.

Nate should get in on this.
Wait, what? I was just trying to unbore myself.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Percon changed his avatar!

I still need people to give me a ride to OiN: The Final plzkthx. :]

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Mario Sunshine was suprisingly hard, Jesus....

That game has probably made some kid somewhere kill himself. All the pretty colours are straight up trickery.

Top Bottom