• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GtaN Brawl General discussion thread! -Wait, did the title change?

Gichan

Smash Champion
Wow, I don't remember sunshine at all, was it really hard? I can't recall it at all. I just remember being overall disappointed with that game as it didn't live up to mario 64. but that game is still awesome, that rollercoaster level is beast, final battle was a *****, even getting to him was tricky. Some stars were ridiculous to get. But I still can't remember the manta ray or other aspects of the game...

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Percon's Kirby avatar is so cool : p Someone needs to play Kirby Superstar with me at the next tourney - best game ever...no vs Dedede levels though, it hurts me every time I have to beat him up : (

Pho

Smash Journeyman
Oh ****, this game is wifi compatible. I'll definitely try that out sometime.

Yo Pho, what games you into?
What games am I into?

I enjoy anything that has a huge competitive aspect to it, such as fighters and FPS. Single player wise, I'm into platformers and J-RPGs. I can't do racers or sports games for the life of me though. I also like MMOs. The only ones I've played/play for a long time is Maple Story and WoW, which I still play. Now, since you said games into general, I'm also into Magic: The Gathering.

Speaking of general gaming, name the first game you played. Mine would be Megaman X. That's what really got me into gaming.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Sonic 2 was the first I played. Mario 64 was the first I owned. Pokemon Red was my first portable.

Being born in 92, I just missed the SNES/Genesis era. My uncle had a Genesis, and I played Sonic 2 on it everytime I visited my grandmother's house. Heck, the Genesis is still there! It's what got me into gaming, and I was only 3 at the time.

Then, when I got my NINTENDO SIXTY FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUR Christmas '96, my life would be changed forever...

PND

Smash Champion
I'm old school. Original Mario Bros / Duck Hunt.

But Punchout really got me into gaming. It's still my favorite game to this day.

Hype

Smash Lord
With the exception of an hour of wifi, I havent played brawl in 3 weeks due to school. My last exam is today though :). Just thought I'd tell everyone the good news.

Is Vaughan down for Canada's wonderland + smash in the summer? I just got a seasons pass.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
With the exception of an hour of wifi, I havent played brawl in 3 weeks due to school. My last exam is today though :). Just thought I'd tell everyone the good news.

Is Vaughan down for Canada's wonderland + smash in the summer? I just got a seasons pass.
I have one more exam on Tuesday. I haven't played Smash since Mikey's :urg:

Smash in the summer? Oh god yes. Wonderland? The amount of time waiting in line could be spent...playing smash!

Seriously, the lines just piss me off. Standing around all day in the hot, sticky summer breaks my balls.

I'd rather just play basketball or soccer. Or go swimming :)

VGSteve

Smash Apprentice
Pho, Megaman X is amazing! Tetris and SMB were my first games. my parents thought it would be fun to give me the controller when I was 7 months old to see how I'd react. 19.5 years later...

Cyan_

Smash Lord

Got a season's pass last year, I usually get it every other year. Come to Vaughan for Smash though, for sure.

Wonderland gets boring once you go 3 times a week, esp in the **** heat like Anth said.

Oh, the food and drinks are overpriced as hell, watch yer wallet. My last exam was today too, let's play wifi today.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
The only FF games I've played are FFT and FF7.

So I dunno who Cyan is or Psycho Cyan, but that sounds sick lol

Gichan

Smash Champion
Hmmm...first game I played was Duckhunt. But I didn't get into gaming till Mario 64 and Pokemon, for some reason, even from the beginning, I hated Sony, lol.

and maaannn, Wonderland is soooo gay with those ****ing lines. the fact that you have to get up at like 7 am or earlier to enjoy rides with little lines is ridiculous. but I ****ing love the water park there, oh man, my favourite ****. how the **** does their side-park beat out an ACTUAL water park (wild water kingdom). Teh failz.

So yeha, I beat Dementium, and now I started playing Mario and Luigi Partners in Time. hooly ****! That game is soooo good! Holy ****, too much fun. Thanks Max for the suggestion!

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Mario 3 for me (Well i had DOS, but that **** sux). But emulation is what really got me into gaming. I wasn't allowed to have consoles for a long while. I think that was better anyways. Playing all those translated games was too good.

ZSNES 4 LYFE.

fav games on SNES: Fire Emblem 4, Fire Emblem 5, Front Mission, Bahamut Lagoon, Seiken Densetsu 3, LttP, Gundam Wing, DBZ: Hyper Dimension, Chrono Trigger. I think thats it, until I remember all the others :p

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
hahaha who doesn't? Cinder, the noob character. Mash X and forward and you got yourself an auto-Awesome combo. I remember that game, my friend's older brother was ridiculous at that game. He used to land 24 hit to 44 hit combos on me X___X they weren't even Ultras since he did them while I was alive.

Orchid for **** tier.

Nate speaks truth. Sall about the ZSNES. Endless Duel is actually a good game lol, we used to bust out laptops at my high school's games club and everyone would spam that game. Deathscythe ftw.

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
The first game I ever played was Mario Bros/Duck Hunt. The game(s) that really got me into gaming was Super Mario World, Chrono Trigger and Mega Man X, after that I was hooked for life. I've always prided myself on being a very good overall gamer rather than someone who just specifies in one genre. So basically I play anything from....Chrono Trigger, to Mega Man X, to Final Fantasy VII, to Starcraft, to Top Gear 2, to Street Fighter II, to GoldenEye 64, lol etc. :laugh:

Yeah I loved Killer Instinct on SNES, never owned it though.

Cinder was a cool looking character as well as Glacier but they were too over-used so I avoided them.

If I remember correctly I usually used Jago.

Edit:

If you guys ever have B-Ball casuals @ a tournament or whatever I'm so down lol. I need to get revenge on Joe for dissing the Raps @ Mikeys lol. :laugh:

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Haha good ol' Cinder. Too cheap.

I need to play that game again sometime.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
If you guys ever have B-Ball casuals @ a tournament or whatever I'm so down lol. I need to get revenge on Joe for dissing the Raps @ Mikeys lol. :laugh:
no way jose(get it), i gotz passing skillz

:ohwell::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

oh and i played Killer Instinct also, i dont remember anything from it but it was really fun

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
LOL I can barely even begin to make game lists, and my first game was either Mario Bros or Street fighter 2 (can't remember which one)

But lets just say, I've played a looooot of ****, for a loooooong time. And got real good at a lot of it.

If I had to make an all time list of my favourite games though, like if for some odd reason I could only play like 10 games for the rest of my life and no more... it would probably go like this:

Final Fantasy Tactics
Seiken Densetsu 3
Tetris Attack/Pokemon Puzzle league/Any other version of this game
Cave Story
Sonic 3 and Knuckles
Super Smash bros Melee
Street Fighter 3rd Strike
Super Mario rpg (reverse pivot grab)
Jet Grind Radio
Beat Mania (some kind of ultra collection version lol)

Where's Chrono trigger?
Yeah I've still never actually really played that one yet.... dont hate me.

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
no way jose(get it), i gotz passing skillz

:ohwell::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

oh and i played Killer Instinct also, i dont remember anything from it but it was really fun
Haha bring it on Joe, your gonna need to pass when I'm guarding you. :laugh:

^ ball.. and rap..

LOL i'd **** you guys.

Not even Stos, you'll be like Adam Morrison vs Kobe Bryant (me) you got no shot. :bee:

Edit:

What the hell Minus, you have't played Chrono Trigger!? Go download an SNES emulator and the Rom right now! >_<'

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
^ im basketball beast and a rapp monster.

I dunk over dunkers and I shut down rappers carrers.

i attack and conquer son.

mm LOLOL

edit: get *****.

Pho

Smash Journeyman
LOL I can barely even begin to make game lists, and my first game was either Mario Bros or Street fighter 2 (can't remember which one)

But lets just say, I've played a looooot of ****, for a loooooong time. And got real good at a lot of it.

If I had to make an all time list of my favourite games though, like if for some odd reason I could only play like 10 games for the rest of my life and no more... it would probably go like this:

Final Fantasy Tactics
Seiken Densetsu 3
Tetris Attack/Pokemon Puzzle league/Any other version of this game
Cave Story
Sonic 3 and Knuckles
Super Smash bros Melee
Street Fighter 3rd Strike
Super Mario rpg (reverse pivot grab)
Jet Grind Radio
Beat Mania (some kind of ultra collection version lol)

Where's Chrono trigger?
Yeah I've still never actually really played that one yet.... dont hate me.
I like your taste in games. I've played a lot of those, but never competitively played them. And I wish Jet Grind Radio was remade. Jet Set Radio Future did not do justice.

The only FF games I've played are FFT and FF7.

So I dunno who Cyan is or Psycho Cyan, but that sounds sick lol
It's a glitch in FF6 using Cyan(AKA you, but also the character you linked), where they continue counter attacking, and since you keep countering, no one end attacks but him, and stops only when they are dead. I did it once to kill the secret boss in the GBA version.

On a side note, I only like Toon Link mains who don't post. It seems like the people who don't(Raidos and Destructo) are nice people, and people who do(refering to the people on the Toon Link boards) shut down new possibilities and strategies... It's so discouraging.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
I started off with Super Mario Bros and Duck Hunt...I hated Duck Hunt at the time because I blew at it (I like it now), half the time i would just put my gun right up to the screen lol.

Original Mario Bros was so fun, I remember doing the game over and over on 2 player mode so I could do it with both Mario and Luigi lol.

Favorite games: can't be decided, too many fun games : ( I would hate to limit myself to a list of 10, its not possible, but I love all smash bros games, rpgs, platformers...aw who am I kidding I like everything except racing and these garbage shooter + rpg abominations

VGSteve

Smash Apprentice
On a side note, I only like Toon Link mains who don't post. It seems like the people who don't(Raidos and Destructo) are nice people, and people who do(refering to the people on the Toon Link boards) shut down new possibilities and strategies... It's so discouraging.
Marth boards are the same.

And Cyan, FFT was amazing and still remains one of my favourite Final Fantasy games, even though this discussion seems oddly familiar.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
My first game was also Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt. When I got the SNES, the only games I really played were Super Mario World and the Donkey Kong Country series. I also had a Genesis....but the only game I had was Sonic the Hedgehog 2. XD I didn't play games much as a kid 'cause I was a bookworm.

Pokemon Blue was what got me into gaming, and shortly after that, Final Fantasy VII.

But before I go too far down memory lane (Final Fantasy IX, Wind Waker...ahh, such amazing games...) I guess the only games I really bother with now are RPGs, some adventure games and simplistic fighters. I suck at Street Fighter, Tekken, and all of that other stuff. Smash and anime fighting games, whoooo...

So yeah. Final Fantasy IX is the best FF in my opinion. I hated the PS2 FFs, and I only hope Final Fantasy XIII restores my faith in the series. =/

And while we're talking about character boards, I can't stand the PT boards either. Reflex is the only one I can talk to on there.

Top Bottom