• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GtaN Brawl General discussion thread! -Wait, did the title change?

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
so max whatever happened to the ontario combo video,just pulled off a pure wifi combo and i thought of it lol

Percon

Smash Lord
I was about to say that I'm swamped with work/no internets and that it's probably going to come out a bit later than planned... maybe during september?

On a random note, I have waaaaay too much good Minus footage for some reason. Also I have a lot of Illiad stuff but that's only because he doesn't stop sending me clips haha

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
On a random note, I have waaaaay too much good Minus footage for some reason.
Bwahahaha Excellent I try and do cool stuff :)

And holy crap max are you not as excited as I am for snes? Tis gonna be nuts! Also havok in a few days! Its team **** time =D

Edit: Done.

tha_carter

Smash Ace
Lions Defensive MVP Returning to York

After taking a year off of football to focus of his academic obligations, reigning 07-08 Lions Defensive MVP, Jovell Carter, is returning to the team! As well as being a top of the line athlete, and single season interception record holder at York; Carter is atop his scholarly major's as well. Last year he reached honors in his double major, Criminology and Business Management. He is looking more fit, measuring in at a sleek 6'1 - 189 pounds,, and coach Michael McLean, says he is "more focused than ever" as well. Just another reason to be excited about our Lions this year!

Remeber to come support us at our first game, Mon Sep 07,2009 - 1:00PM. Check our schedule here for further information.
http://www.sport.yorku.ca/interuniversity_sport/teams/football/schedule.asp
Discuss

Originally Posted by nickcam View Post
Isnt dk3 the one where dixie was introduced. Hated that game. Who in there right mind wants to use a blond haired monkey.
Dixie is sooooooooo cool, I would main her in brawl if she was here no matter what tier she was in
I approve of blond haired monkey usage!

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Ohh hai!

I see pink names and green names, the premium is nice, but I don't like it when they prank you, you get a title changed to "pranked!", it needs to be much more awesome like "(insert's pranker's name) pet/slave/*****/*****/dog"

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Carter is a BEAST.

They should add in that little description "Carter also ***** really hard at Smash Bros Brawl, a Nintendo Wii game"

=)

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Hey guys, sup? I'm here to remind and point out that myself and MisaMeka are hosting a tournament on the 22nd of August. It'll be an ECCSL event, for both Melee and Brawl. I really really would like the Brawl community to come.

Just for the record, this isn't gonna be a "lawl brawl w00t melee" thing either. I'll most likely even add a no bashing rule to the tournament, so that nobody here has to go through that. Now I know you guys don't really make any attempt at starting that nonsense lol but hopefully this'll show that I entend on running this event well for both games - bias aside. I enjoy watching good competition so I would really like the masses to come, especially the top players (ESPECIALLY from Sauga).

If this tournament runs well/is successful expect another one to be hosted with higher scale venue. But this is up to you guys :D hopefully you guys can make it.

And yes I know whats going on the same weekend, I'm upset at that since some of the players going to SNES would've liked to be around. Anyways, hopefully I'll see some of you guys confirming.

Good luck to the guys heading to SNES though!! Rep the red and white.

EDIT: LOLL I forgot to link the tournament thread. Here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=230446 so book off the date. THAT MEANS YOU JOE! TAKE YOUR ****ING BARAKA ALREADY! <333

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Adnan you're a beast XD

I'd be very interested in coming to that, especially if there's enough interest from others... I'm so depressed that I have to miss Havoc ><

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Adnan you're a beast XD

I'd be very interested in coming to that, especially if there's enough interest from others... I'm so depressed that I have to miss Havoc ><
<333

Yeah man, it'll be good. I just need help with setups. PLEASE HELP WITH SETUPS!~ I'm doing what I can atm and I'm contributing to help this out. I'll see if I can even purchase a couple of TVs for this too. Hopefully I can gather some money for it.

nickcam

Smash Ace
O man sbo results are crazy. Nuki and daigo lose (Daigo's megaaa viper weakness). Marn justin valle combo out first round (lol). I also heard nemo and mago lost thier semifinal match and that the final match is Shiro and iyo vs a honda and viper. Jesus!

Tin Man

Smash Hero
<333

Yeah man, it'll be good. I just need help with setups. PLEASE HELP WITH SETUPS!~ I'm doing what I can atm and I'm contributing to help this out. I'll see if I can even purchase a couple of TVs for this too. Hopefully I can gather some money for it.
I wont be able to go to this, going on vacation, sucks, i wanna go to every tourney possible :(

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
I'll likely make it for the tourney, honestly if it's pretty close to Toronto, I'll likely go io it >.<

And screw Havoc in the Hammer... too far...

Gichan

Smash Champion
Sucks, I'm missing Havoc and most likely Sauga Outbreak, I think I won't be attending tournies for a long while now, but I'll still hit up casuals, like York and hopefully one in Sauga sometime soon.

.decoy

Smash Ace
Gi im with you man...no havoc, might not make sauga outbreak. but york must happen. well actually just 1 more for me then i go back to school. but hey 1 more.

.decoy

Smash Ace
uh well...school is in kingston so i dont think i'll be making it back on wednesdays.
i love smash but its a 2 hour and change drive. and im not avaricex. i wish i could though haha.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I just went to a Florida tourney. This is how it went

Beat Chaz (Marth)
Lost to Advent Lee (Diddy)
Beat ...crap idk his name (Falco)
Lost to Poltergust (YOSHI) <-- you read that right, polt is beastly but Yoshi is a weird matchup if you play a good one. I think Polt is the best Yoshi though, hes got lots of tricks and is very very patient

I friendlied a crap load. You guys might not like what I'm about to say next.

Anyway so I'm friendlying this guy, 8-bit and hes taking me last stock high percent every single time, hes really good. He did this with 3 characters - Snake, ZSS, then MK. So I ask someone (whose name I won't mention for obvious reasons), how is this guy ranked in Florida? He responds to me, hes just average.

What am I getting at? Florida > Canada. Not going to lie but in Canada, I basically have a free ride into top 13, then from there it gets hard.

In Florida - EVERY SINGLE MATCH is a struggle. There is no easy win there for me, EVERY SINGLE PERSON in a room of 40 gives me a run for my money. They know the basics, they ALL **** airdodge, and all have very very good DI, our DI is such a joke

Florida has:
-Better MKs than us (Seibrik = Kingace with DI, hes scary man lol, can't kill the dude)
-Better Snakes than us (except Ally obviously) -> 8-bit, MixCoat, Afrothunder vs Fatal and Danny...not even a contest whos better (sorry to offend
-Better Diddys - Advent Lee is better than Pastaboy, GDX is better than Doc - sorry to say guys, but its true
-Better Falcos - idk about their top Falco, but this random Falco I played was Fool's level
-Better most things lol

What do we have?
-Better ICs
-.............um longer tournaments? lol this tourney ended at 7 - the power of straight brackets

Theres only 3 people that I feel worthy of competing in America as of right now from the GTAN:
Kingace, Doc, Percon
-Ambrose would be on this list but unlike back in February, he messes up CGs waaayyy too much

If you're looking for a direct comparison - once again sorry to offend: this average MK I fought, 8-bit, was above Hype's skill level. Sorry to use you of an example Hype, but the only thing I could think about while fighting him was how similar you two played....except he has alot quicker movements.

Mikey, you cool guy, what was the point of this post?
-> The GTA needs to step its crap up, we're not good. We're imo the worst region. EC, WC, TX, MW would tear us apart.

It was really disappointing to see the enormous skill gap between our regions.

Plz discuss don't ignore this

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Somehow I don't really find that surprising at all... I mean I've never been for downplaying Canada/GTA, but our region seems to have really been falling behind... not that I'm really one to talk since I don't have my own tourney results anyway XD

I might be able to show you some things to beat Yoshi as D3 though >_>... but I don't know if any Yoshi I've played was on Poltergust's level.

swordgard

Smash Hero

Beat Chaz (Marth)
Lost to Poltergust (YOSHI) <-- you read that right, polt is beastly but Yoshi is a weird matchup if you play a good one. I think Polt is the best Yoshi though, hes got lots of tricks and is very very patient

Anyway so I'm friendlying this guy, 8-bit and hes taking me last stock high percent every single time, hes really good. He did this with 3 characters - Snake, ZSS, then MK. So I ask someone (whose name I won't mention for obvious reasons), how is this guy ranked in Florida? He responds to me, hes just average.

What am I getting at? Florida > Canada. Not going to lie but in Canada, I basically have a free ride into top 13, then from there it gets hard.

In Florida - EVERY SINGLE MATCH is a struggle. There is no easy win there for me, EVERY SINGLE PERSON in a room of 40 gives me a run for my money. They know the basics, they ALL **** airdodge, and all have very very good DI, our DI is such a joke

Florida has:
-Better MKs than us (Seibrik = Kingace with DI, hes scary man lol, can't kill the dude)
-Better Snakes than us (except Ally obviously) -> 8-bit, MixCoat, Afrothunder vs Fatal and Danny...not even a contest whos better (sorry to offend
-Better Diddys - Advent Lee is better than Pastaboy, GDX is better than Doc - sorry to say guys, but its true
-Better Falcos - idk about their top Falco, but this random Falco I played was Fool's level
-Better most things lol

What do we have?
-Better ICs
-.............um longer tournaments? lol this tourney ended at 7 - the power of straight brackets

Theres only 3 people that I feel worthy of competing in America as of right now from the GTAN:
Kingace, Doc, Percon
-Ambrose would be on this list but unlike back in February, he messes up CGs waaayyy too much

If you're looking for a direct comparison - once again sorry to offend: this average MK I fought, 8-bit, was above Hype's skill level. Sorry to use you of an example Hype, but the only thing I could think about while fighting him was how similar you two played....except he has alot quicker movements.

-> The GTA needs to step its crap up, we're not good. We're imo the worst region. EC, WC, TX, MW would tear us apart.

And this is the type of thing i wanted to get to.

Step it up?

Montreal needs to step it up too imo.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Somehow I don't really find that surprising at all... I mean I've never been for downplaying Canada/GTA, but our region seems to have really been falling behind... not that I'm really one to talk since I don't have my own tourney results anyway XD

I might be able to show you some things to beat Yoshi as D3 though >_>... but I don't know if any Yoshi I've played was on Poltergust's level.

Poltergust is ****. If you ever played him on wifi, its like O.o. His yoshi is so hard to follow. If you have never played this type of yoshi, its hard to even relate to.

Mikey7

Smash Lord

No, you couldn't this was no generic Yoshi.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Well... I'm not sure where Elef ranks amongst other Yoshis... he's the best I've played, I'm not sure if he'd be considered a generic Yoshi or not... I don't follow Yoshi metagame lol.

Elefs good, but hes not anywhere near poltergusts level. Elefs very gimmicky and just weird to play at first, while poltergust even when figured out is very hard to play against.

Say elefs a 6/10 while poltergust is a 9.5/10

kr3wman

Smash Master

Beat Chaz (Marth)

Florida has:
-Better most things lol

What do we have?
-Better ICs

Kingace, Doc, Percon

I realized this last year at FFYF1, step it up.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I've actually started practicing a lot on WiFi... I've seen enough examples of players who got good on WiFi that I'm finally convinced it is legit. Also miraculously the games I play are pretty smooth even on my horribly slow and horribly throttled internet connection.

"Step it up" is funny because Sonic sucks XD.

After Sauga Outbreak it's probably going to be a long time before I can make it out to another tourney, and I plan on being a much better player by then >_>

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
^ To add a signature: Go to Control Panel > under Settings & Options click Edit Signature

To upload a signature: Go to http://imageshack.us/ and upload your picture/signature, then copy and paste the image code in your Control Panel.

Edit:

No problem, Hype.

Top Bottom