• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GtaN Brawl General discussion thread! -Wait, did the title change?

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Line to the Past > Ocarina of Time/Master Quest > Link's Awakening > Majora's Mask > Zelda the first game > Twilight Princess > Minish Cap > Wind Waker > Oracle of Ages/Seasons > Zelda the second game (Zelda: Adventure of Link) >>>>>>> Phantom Hourglasss = CDi versions of Zelda games.

I loved Majora's Mask, it was REALLY REALLY EPIC, so was Ocarina of Time... thought I haven't played the NES Link games, CDi versions and Gamecube version...
awwww man you beat me to it, why u wake up so early :laugh:

by the way its link to the past not line to the past :chuckle:

only good nintendo system was 64. Lots of good exclusive titles. So yeah, it would suck if you only stuck to nintendo. ahaha especially during the GC era.

i do miss genisis though
everyone has their own opinion

@Nate & Mikey, There is nothing on the sony systems that interest me. Because of the way I brought myself up, i developed a certain mentality towards liking nintendo games, so basically when I tried the stereotypically good games for XBOX & 360 (halo, gears of war) I simply wasn't interested.

I do feel bad for things like how Soul Calibur 4 wasn't made for Wii (and they are making it for PSP WTF MAN!) cause i liked 2, but then, even if I wanted another system, I don't have money for that. I'm already behind on nintendo (basically several games released that I have yet to purchase). I haven't bought a new game in months but I plan to buy 3 wii games by the end of next week.

I still think the GC era is leagues better than the Wii era. I mean, Wii is trash. No good games. The only thing that comes close to a good game is Brawl tbh. Yeah, Galaxy sucks. TP sucks. Thanks for casualan my games Nintendo.

And MM is the best Zelda game and best game ever. It's certainly better than OOT. It took everything OOT had and changed it enough so that it was still giving you that OOT feel that we all love, but was still a new game.

<3 <3 <3 MM
This can also be an example of what i'm saying. In anthony's opinion he hates TP, Galaxy (currently my favorite game of all time ;)) and other Wii games that are stereotypically good. Its a whole bunch of opinions man, and over time my opinions developed around things nintendo created (basically).

I despise Fire Emblem :urg:

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
Chrono Trigger, FF6, Super Mario RPG, LttP (which is the best Zelda game I've played so far), Earthbound, DKC, DKC2, DKC3, Super Mario World, Kirby Super Star, Super Mario All-Stars, Mega Man X, Tetris Attack. I think it's pretty clear which Nintendo system is the best :) These are only games I have personally played, too. There are several more great SNES games I haven't played but just forgot about.

Also keep in mind that TP was my first Zelda game, so there is no nostalgia towards it. I still really need to play WW/MM though :(

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
The SNES is still the best system ever made IMO, and it had an amazing library of games.

Nintendo wise for me it's:

SNES > NES > N64 > GC > Wii (Wii started good, but it's losing it's appeal)

Consoles in general (that I own):

SNES > NES > PS1 > PS2 > N64 > GC > Wii

I've never owned a Sega console or a XBOX, that's why I didn't rank them. I've played them of course, but I prefer owning a system to judge it properly.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Tin Man, you ever heard the saying " Believing is seeing" ?
You're so deep in your nintendo belief you're completely limiting yourself from the majority of the good games out there. For no reason at all other than a childish loyalty to a company trying to make money off you from the other side of the globe. Don't get me wrong, I love nintendo... and back in the day I was a fanboy, but that never stopped me from playing the **** out of the genesis, why? Cause Sonic was the ****ing ****!

But really though, drop the backwards logic and you'll be so much better off for it.
By your logic any game that was released on a nintendo console is automatically better.
For instance, you'd probably love Tatsunoko vs Capcom cause its on gamecube only, but you would hate Street Fighter 4, even though its a million times better of a game. All in the name of a company.
You only live once, what in the hell is the point?

Cruxis

Smash Lord
also Oot> Lttp IMO

Oot is probly my most replayed game, **** i know that inside out i practically know where every key is in dungeons

MM was great, but its not for everyone.
its definitely different, theres some who will love it and some who will hate it

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Majora's Mask was freaking awesome, I mean come on, Bunny Hood was awesome =D But honestly Majora's Mask was really fun, it was "dark-like" and stuff like that, and the moon was lolololol.

And I do agree, SNES is Nintendo's best home system to date.

Also Tin Man, do play games not made on a Nintendo console, you'll miss out of games like Dark Cloud 2 and Harvest Moon of the PS2 lol. (Really Harvest Moon for the PS2 is pretty fun =D)

Sanu

Smash Champion
Dark Chronicle was amazing.

I didn't play it through all the way though, I've always regretted that.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Tin Man, you ever heard the saying " Believing is seeing" ?
You're so deep in your nintendo belief you're completely limiting yourself from the majority of the good games out there. For no reason at all other than a childish loyalty to a company trying to make money off you from the other side of the globe. Don't get me wrong, I love nintendo... and back in the day I was a fanboy, but that never stopped me from playing the **** out of the genesis, why? Cause Sonic was the ****ing ****!

But really though, drop the backwards logic and you'll be so much better off for it.
By your logic any game that was released on a nintendo console is automatically better.
For instance, you'd probably love Tatsunoko vs Capcom cause its on gamecube only, but you would hate Street Fighter 4, even though its a million times better of a game. All in the name of a company.
You only live once, what in the hell is the point?
Dun worry man, I hear what ur saying, and still even if I wanted to I don't have the money to support an XBOX360/PS3 so if I wanted street fighter 4 i couldn't buy it :(.

Also, I'm happy with the games I play so don't worry about me missing out ;). I know ppl like street fighter, but there are other games I really enjoy playing.

And I stopped forcing others to agree with me, so again no worries about me entering stupid endless argument to defend/recruit others to Nintendo :laugh:

And I appreciate the way u talk to me about this other then being a ***** like Sanuzi who decides to call me ******** and demean me which is bad enough as is, but he doesn't even explaining like u do. Automatically making enemies when generally people are supposed to be nice to each other and especially when i've never wronged him.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
OMG I loved making crap with the robot thingy lololol. Like it had a okay story to it, nice combat system but it was just seriously too good and fun >.<

But playing the level over and over and over and over and over again just trying to finish the stage with items only to get the medal was a pain in the ***...

PND

Smash Champion
I preferred Dark Cloud 1, to be honest. But I still liked Dark Cloud 2. I was in the last dungeon, every medal, and my memory card got stolen along with all my PS2 stuff. So I never got to beat it.

But man, monsters were useless.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Chapter 7 or Chapter 8?

Transformation was useful to an extent, but it was a ***** to get the Cards...

.Marik

is a social misfit
Has anybody here played Fable?

Amazing RPG for the XBox, I never played the second one on the 360 yet.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Majora's Mask was also extremely good ; )

pnd I'm deeply disappointed in you not liking dkc3 because that game was definately amazing, as were the previous 2 dkc games : p

idk how any of you guys can just choose 1 company thats "best" and go without forever, thats just so ridiculous lol. Why on earth would you want to limit yourself like that, you're literally choosing a particular type of fun over another type of fun rofl does that even make sense? maybe to nasir:confused:

PND

Smash Champion
DKC1 was amazing, 2 was phenomenally great, one of the pinnacles of platforming. But 3 just felt meh to me. Still does.

nickcam

Smash Ace
Isnt dk3 the one where dixie was introduced. Hated that game. Who in there right mind wants to use a blond haired monkey. Thats not beast thats just dumb

pastaboy

Smash Champion
um excuse me but that was the second one

who wuldnt wanna use a monkey that culd hover,

also for brawl+ they shuld have tf2 textures

wario-heavy
captain falcon-scout
mario-engineer
pit-sniper
charizard-pyro

PND

Smash Champion
They DO have Tf2 costumes. I have a few of them on my SD card, actually.

Snake - Demoman
Kirby - Spy
Mario - Engineer
Samus - Pyro
Zelda - Medic
DeDeDe - Heavy
Ness - Scout
Link - Sniper
And I forget who is soldier, Captain Falcon?

And why did they introduce Kiddy Kong? Kiddy Kong = fail. Why not team up Donkey Kong and Dixie Kong to rescue Diddy? That would have been SO much better.

PND

Smash Champion
If you wanna catch a sneak preview, go here and scroll down to Segab's work.
http://www.kittycorp.xtreemhost.com/?page_id=8

I stand corrected, Luigi was soldier, not Falcon.

Oh, and I'm currently working on a couple of projects, but I doubt they'll be ready by Havoc. Metaknight will be Dr. Doom, and I'm working on some stuff from ReBoot. (Snake is gonna be Matrix. . .sick)

Tin Man

Smash Hero
And why did they introduce Kiddy Kong? Kiddy Kong = fail. Why not team up Donkey Kong and Dixie Kong to rescue Diddy? That would have been SO much better.
I completely agree with u

If you wanna catch a sneak preview, go here and scroll down to Segab's work.
http://www.kittycorp.xtreemhost.com/?page_id=8

I stand corrected, Luigi was soldier, not Falcon.

Oh, and I'm currently working on a couple of projects, but I doubt they'll be ready by Havoc. Metaknight will be Dr. Doom, and I'm working on some stuff from ReBoot. (Snake is gonna be Matrix. . .sick)
Cool u create your own textures, I wish I had that talent.

PND

Smash Champion
Well, I don't have that talent. I'm developing that skill. Talents are innate, skills can be improved if you put in enough effort, though the two can be linked in a variety of ways.

I'm horrible at digital art, but I can graffiti, so I have some artistic skills. I'm currently cutting my teeth on GIMP, the free Photoshop, so I can make my own textures. Because the desire is there, the skills will come with time and effort.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Isnt dk3 the one where dixie was introduced. Hated that game. Who in there right mind wants to use a blond haired monkey. Thats not beast thats just dumb
Dixie is sooooooooo cool, I would main her in brawl if she was here no matter what tier she was in

Kiddie ***** too

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
DKC3 wasn't as good, but it was aight. Anyone play Kirby 3(?) I am pretty sure it was that, it looked like hand drawn sprites. It was on SNES. You could get a AI controlled partner and I think even 2P.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
I played through Kirby 3, it wasn't exactly my favourite, but it was pretty dope.

DKC2 > DKC > DKC3

They were all awesome though, to say the least.

PND

Smash Champion
Metaknight was even more broken in that, lol. I went through his whole quest by dairing and nadoing bosses.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
There's a couple extra mini-games and once you complete the game (I think to 100%) with Kirby you can play through all (I think) of the main games as Meta Knight. Tornado is even more broken in that game than Brawl... I wish I was lying XD

PND

Smash Champion
That one wasn't me, but thanks for acting as a demo. If anyone wants a name as hawt as Yuki, get at me. Or if anyone wants me to prank someone for you, also get at me.

Top Bottom