• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GtaN Brawl General discussion thread! -Wait, did the title change?

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I was already getting sick of Brawl.

Now God decides to break my L button. I really don't feel like buying a new controller.

Later Smash.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
I was already getting sick of Brawl.

Now God decides to break my L button. I really don't feel like buying a new controller.

Later Smash.
less QQ moar pewpew

amirite?

Vaughan needs to come out to stuff for Melee. You guys look impressive from what I've seen in you. I don't care if it's just smashfests, just play lol.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
vaughan is slowly quitting brawl, cyan feels melee is better, anthony is pretty much the same (but he cant play melee with a broken L button :chuckle:) and vaughan joe is sick of the ics users :laugh: but joe told me he decided not to quit cause he's hairs away from making money (he placed fifth for the last like 10 tourneys lmmfaoroflol :laugh: :chuckle:. Then there is me who is also from vaughan steppin up my game. I wont be quitting anytime soon ;)

Anth0ny

Smash Master
less QQ moar pewpew

amirite?

Vaughan needs to come out to stuff for Melee. You guys look impressive from what I've seen in you. I don't care if it's just smashfests, just play lol.
I definitely want to. But now my controller is broke. Give me a couple of weeks with some level 9s to break in another controller :laugh:

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Man, f*** Vaughan, and f*** UPS ><. My Fightstick that I ordered was in Windsor last night and en route to Chatham... now for some reason it's in Vaughan... which you can't (reasonably) get to from Windsor without passing right through Chatham -_-

Also Anth I might be able to fix your L button (depends what the cause is)... but I'm not even sure when the next tourney I'll be at is.

Pho

Smash Journeyman
Or, you can buy a GC controller from Microplay(AKA me) for a decent price. *shameless microplay advertising*

Cyan_

Smash Lord
less QQ moar pewpew

amirite?

I definitely want to. I'm done with Brawl :)

vaughan is slowly quitting brawl, cyan feels melee is better, anthony is pretty much the same (but he cant play melee with a broken L button :chuckle:) and vaughan joe is sick of the ics users :laugh: but joe told me he decided not to quit cause he's hairs away from making money (he placed fifth for the last like 10 tourneys lmmfaoroflol :laugh: :chuckle:. Then there is me who is also from vaughan steppin up my game. I wont be quitting anytime soon ;)
fake vawn!

I definitely want to. But now my controller is broke. Give me a couple of weeks with some level 9s to break in another controller :laugh:
borrow my 2nd controller, it's already broken in, now let's go to melee smashfests!

or host one... ;)

Pho

Smash Journeyman
Why the **** do you care about the place you work at, lololol, that is a rare sight.
I love my job. I get hours when I want, and I can book off hours whenever I want(kinda). I also talk about games ALL dai(lol joe) and the fact I get paid for it is awesome. Besides, is it wrong to help out a fellow smasher?

Gichan

Smash Champion
I love my job. I get hours when I want, and I can book off hours whenever I want(kinda). I also talk about games ALL dai(lol joe) and the fact I get paid for it is awesome. Besides, is it wrong to help out a fellow smasher?
dayum, that's legit. Okay, love your job. And do you still have green hair?

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Man I miss Microplay... ours closed because the owner couldn't manage money properly (and because the guy who managed the Warhammer inventory for the store got an executive position at Games Workshop so our Microplay stopped stocking any Warhammer merchandise which was where most of their money was coming from).

Also I miss going there to take people's money in Starcraft.

Also, I want to say f*** UPS one more time. Why is my stick still in Vaughan ><

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I wish I worked at micro play or EB games. Getting payed to be a gamer is awsome, and all I have to do is sit on my a55 all day :D. ok maybe i'll have to alphabetize once a week and dust the shelves everynite but who cares, discount is where its at, ammi rite, AMMI RITE :chuckle:

Gichan

Smash Champion
I wish I worked at micro play or EB games. Getting payed to be a gamer is awsome, and all I have to do is sit on my a55 all day :D. ok maybe i'll have to alphabetize once a week and dust the shelves everynite but who cares, discount is where its at, ammi rite, AMMI RITE :chuckle:
soft mods, hard mods, usb loaders, R4, Cyclod, so on and so forth. lolol

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
I haven't seen a Microplay in a long time; the last time I saw a Microplay store when I was about 10 years old or something. Is it still really running as a profitable business? Also I don't think employees of game shops are allowed to play, I've never seen anyone working at EB games playing video games... sucks to be them I guess?

****ing CGing practice I wish I was born to CG everyone perfectly....

Discounts on games would be nice, I swear why are games costing people 50-60 bucks per game? It's pretty insane... but I guess: more work = more price... I just wish games cost 30-40 bucks again, the last time I remember seeing most games going for that amount was probabily back when I was like 8.

But who needs discounts when you can BE A PIRATE!

Do what you want, ‘cause a pirate is free,
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Yar har, fiddle di dee,
Being a pirate is alright to be,
Do what you want ‘cause a pirate is free,
You are a pirate!

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Discounts on games would be nice, I swear why are games costing people 50-60 bucks per game? It's pretty insane... but I guess: more work = more price... I just wish games cost 30-40 bucks again, the last time I remember seeing most games going for that amount was probabily back when I was like 8.
Man when did games cost $30? I still remember the days of SNES cartridges costing $80

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
When I was 8? But I do remember a game Jet Force Gemini costing my cusion around $35, but it was really really worth the investment XD

I still can't finish the game to this day...

Gichan

Smash Champion
Woah woah woah. I'm old as ****, 21, and I CLEARLY remember when games cost like AVERAGE $80, but some went for like $100 (WCW vs nWo World Tour anyone?).

Games like Jet Force Gemini cost like $30 when they started releasing some games with no box art. They simply had the cartridge in a plastic cover. Other times games were cheap were like crraazzzyy (redd) deals for example when Star Wars Podracer and/or Kobe Bryant's Courtside cost $20 one Christmas.

PND

Smash Champion
I remember buying Chrono Trigger for like $100 new, but Super Mario RPG for like ~$40. Prices sure did fluctuate back then, eh?

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Chrono Trigger was ****ing amazing, I still have the cartridge and my SNES to this date. I kept playing the game and using Save+ till I got mostly everyone to level 99 lololololol. Also it's amazing how my SNES hasn't turned yellow and such; it still retains it's grey colour.

Maybe game prices = where you lived?

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
I still have the original cartridge for Chrono Trigger for my SNES, I never remember paying anywhere near 100. I remember after taxes it came up to 70 bucks or something.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
hey guys im 14

i dont remember anything costing over $60

you guys are clearly lieing

is it wrong that i havent beaten mario RPG or Chrono Trigger yet
hey, i haven't even played those 2 either.

nor have I played any Zelda game except Phantom Hourglass, any FF game except VII and Tactics (AHH **** BEST GAME EVER), any ToS thingy, any Pikmin games, any GTA games (well I played San Andreas for like 5 mins), and any Halo game for more than 20 mins (just at friend's house sometimes)

Anth knows all about that, haha

i played Tactics though, that's all that matters :D

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Really? I don't remember Pokemon Stadium costing $100 o_o

1 player games bore me ~_~

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
1 player games bore you?

Go plays sumez RPGeess... Like Final Fantasy (Insert roman number here), the Tales games and some Kirby games.

Top Bottom