• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GtaN Brawl General discussion thread! -Wait, did the title change?

Iliad

Smash Lord
AVARICE PANDA! YOU SEXY *****.

"Pack it up and take it home with you son, you just lost genesis ****"

genesis AIM chat was too good, no one jocks on AvaricePanda while i'm still in the community *****es, that's an order.

KingAce

Smash Ace
Nice, a TO that doesn't play brawl so he isnt blinded by anger of losing to mk/ics cg
instead, adnan actually looked at the fact that MKs dont flat out dominate enough to warrant a ban. Swordgard is right seriously, its just a bandwagon effect that MK has.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Well forget that I said anything for the MK ban (even though good players who place high should still place high with other tournament viable characters, given that MK isn't 32980238 easier to place high than other S and A tier characters), because I'm not a part of your scene and don't know the tournament results (even though my base arguments were NEVER targetted, nor were really any anti-ban arguments, you kinda just said you wanted to ban him and then ignored the opposition).

But really, banning ICs chaingrabs? They're flat out aren't banworthy, and they don't need limitations, like I said. But instead of actually debating on either of these two points, people say that they're broken and it's not fair, then decide to personally attack Swordgard and I, rather than debate the issue at hand, then get mad when Swordgard acts insulting?

Saying "you're not going to forget how Swordgard insulted 20 of our members," is kinda funny, given that you insulted him and this random "indiana boy" just as much because we disagree with you, and completely ignored the arguments that Swordgard, Gichan, and I posted.

Nobody's going to take you seriously if you don't have definitive reasoning for your actions and insult random people for disagreeing with you.
we're done this discussion

...lolindiana

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
I love the maturity of someone who can't put an arguement down on the internet even when they go to their friends house ( I feel sorry for your friend) calling other people immature.
If you had even read my post about Cassandra, you might understand the concept behind the reason nobody cares about your posts.

On another note, was it ever decided who the fifth person in our snes car is going to be? The requirements were that they needed to be able to drive.... Time is ticking.

nickcam

Smash Ace
I think its carter. And did swordgard call marvel broken, what wayyyyy to much skill for u no one button infinites lol

swordgard

Smash Hero
I love the maturity of someone who can't put an arguement down on the internet even when they go to their friends house ( I feel sorry for your friend) calling other people immature.
If you had even read my post about Cassandra, you might understand the concept behind the reason nobody cares about your posts.

On another note, was it ever decided who the fifth person in our snes car is going to be? The requirements were that they needed to be able to drive.... Time is ticking.
If you had even read Gi's post, maybe you would know why you lose to MKs.

You guys arent just aiming at me, your aiming at whoever doesnt fit your views, which is a very bad way of debating. And if i then get the cassandra effect, i wont care, at least il get the chance to annoy you over and over.

You guys are still suffering from dunning-krueger effect.

And nickam, your right, i have no right to diss MvC2, i never played it in competition therefore should not comment on it(though the game is fun as hell : ) ). However, you should learn to stop blaming stuff for your own lack of skills.

I admitted i lacked ics ditto skills. I admitted i had no knowledge of MvC2.

You blame characters and techniques, even in a favorable matchup. Stop whining, get skills.

EDIT: Just to let you guys know , i wont fall to self censorship, so i guess you guys should use the ignore button or something because im here for a long time >.>

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
That's the first thing I've agreed with you on. And also, just because you disagree it doesn't mean you've refuted a thing. You pretty much simply ignored Delorted, who was refuting you. Calling the kettle black much?

The ignore button will simply clean this thread up, and I encourage others to also use the feature. Maybe then this thread can get back on track.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
we're done this discussion

...lolindiana

oh hurr that means I'm stupid and your'e allowed to completely ignore my argument, even though your decision is insanely drastic and at this point it sounds like you're only banning MK and IC's infinite chaingrabs because you don't like them.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
So I heard Texas had an incredibly successful MK banned tournament.
I wonder how many random argumentative nerds that aren't from their region are giving them problems about it....
Last time I checked nobody thought of them as a scrub region, and they have the 3rd best Meta player around. When they go out of state they aren't behind at all... Hmmm...........

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
So I heard that NorCal had an incredibly successful not MK banned tournament, Genesis was it?

I also heard there was this region Ontario. Some of their members like ignoring and/or flaming anyone who disagrees with them, calling them argumentative nerds and not looking at the opposition's argument of a very drastic decision of two issues that could be debatable, but they're handling very immaturely.

I ALSO heard that Xyro, the tournament organizer of hobo17, has had past tournaments that didn't ban MK with more people, and not everyone in their region agrees with the ban, such as Dojo, who is the aforementioned 3rd best Meta Knight player around.

PND

Smash Champion
Uh, with the exception of the top players, there's a huge "Scrub region" stigma attached to Texas that I've seen / heard / read first hand. But they've held ONE recent MK banned tourney. Of course they wouldn't fall behind yet. Only certain communities in Texas banned MK AFAIK, so it wasn't a statewide ban. The bigger scenes left him legal until recently.

Just saying, the effect won't be immediate. If it happens, it will be a long term decline.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Dojo still went to HOBO 17 and got 3rd I think though. And he said "I love this community" in the results thread lol.

It's not that big a deal. The only MK main that could do some major damage in the US is Phil, and even if he plays with MK banned in our tournaments, he's not gonna lose his skill. He took like a 6 month break and was back on top in no time.

Besides, not all the tournaments are gonna be MK banned. Probably just a good chunk of them.

People are thinking about this wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Dojo still went to HOBO 17 and got 3rd I think though. And he said "I love this community" in the results thread lol.

It's not that big a deal. The only MK main that could do some major damage in the US is Phil, and even if he plays with MK banned in our tournaments, he's not gonna lose his skill. He took like a 6 month break and was back on top in no time.

Besides, not all the tournaments are gonna be MK banned. Probably just a good chunk of them.

People are thinking about this wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much.

Loving the community=/=agreeing with a T.O.s decision.

My main qualm with this entire thing is some people's wanting to ban ICs chaingrab. I don't agree with banning MK (especially since I haven't seen decent reasoning for it and some don't seem to be accepting of the other sides opinions) but it's your region and ultimately know more about how the banning of MK would affect you guys (but I'd love to see some actual reasoning other than YOU'RE FROM INDIANA YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT US).

But banning ICs chaingrab just because you don't like it? lolololololol

FatalX

Smash Journeyman
wtf this thread got like 40 pages worth of debate over mk ban
all to come to the conclusion that pro ban will host banned tourneys, and anti ban will host unbanned tourneys

lol

i hate MK, but im not bad against him, I dont want MK banned because i "cant beat him," I want MK banned because i seriously think he is unfair and ridonculous

anyway speaking of tourneys which ones are coming up, and which are pro ban and anti ban? i know havoc will be anti ban, i dunno about sauga outbreak, and i know aces tourney will be anti ban

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Canada will probably end up merging with another crew, or won't enter crews. D:

edit: btw guys, i'm rewatching DBZ cause when I was a kid i didn't finish watching the buu saga, so i'm doing it right now

cell > buu :)

swordgard

Smash Hero
Uh, with the exception of the top players, there's a huge "Scrub region" stigma attached to Texas that I've seen / heard / read first hand. But they've held ONE recent MK banned tourney. Of course they wouldn't fall behind yet. Only certain communities in Texas banned MK AFAIK, so it wasn't a statewide ban. The bigger scenes left him legal until recently.

Just saying, the effect won't be immediate. If it happens, it will be a long term decline.
D@mn you and your logic, now ontario is stuck ignoring you too.

FatalX

Smash Journeyman
Canada will probably end up merging with another crew, or won't enter crews. D:

edit: btw guys, i'm rewatching DBZ cause when I was a kid i didn't finish watching the buu saga, so i'm doing it right now

cell > buu :)
lololol i have them all DL'd remastered
DBZ forever

and Broly >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> cell > buu

buu sagas still sick thou

Tin Man

Smash Hero
The episodes was supposed to stop at the freexa saua, but then they were to popular and forced to continue. Thats why Vegeta becomes a pu55y for the rest of the series, go dies and comes back 500 times when he isnt supposed to, and even though a super sayan comes once in X years, there are 4 of them running around at the same time. When some1 told me all this I lol'd so hard :laugh:

and as for the MK arguments everyone look at this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dYpnd_9TFs

:chuckle:

PND

Smash Champion
Freeza Saga was the best. Cell was pretty good, but Buu was horrible. I stopped watching as soon as Goten and Trunks *fused*. No thanks, that's about the point the series hit rock bottom for me.

FatalX

Smash Journeyman
Really? I liked Frieza saga but Cell Saga was my fave.

Maybe just because I couldnt stand Frieza. what a fgt

Imperfect Cell scared me ****less as a kid
he was a pretty cool villain
I like Perfect Cell but i cant get past how he acted like a 16 year old girl, all he had to say was how perfect and amazing he was

but still Cell Saga was my fave

Maybe I like the Buu Saga because it was the first one I watched
lol i started watching the show mad late

Tin Man

Smash Hero
oh there are 5 seasons, Phiddle I agree with u, season 1 and 3 are the best, season 4 is homotastic, and season 2 got weird when the digi egg form was weaker then their champion forms (digi egg form is ultimate level) and then that 1 digimon had 2 forms of mega level, a four legged one and another 2 legged one, wtf were they thinking. 1 and 3 ftw

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
What the hell, man. Don't waste your time with DBZ...

Just watch Dragon Ball Kai! It's trimmed and so much better! By episode 18, Goku and Vegeta's fight is already over, **** it!

And yeah, season 1 and 3 are definitely the best.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Kai will be awesome to watch when it's finished. Imagine marathoning the entire series without filler...perfection!

But honestly, Buu saga was allright. Toriyama was basically FORCED to do it by his editors. They claimed that they didn't want the series to end with Goku dead, even though it would have been PERFECT to end it with the Cell saga. Cell was probably the best saga imo. It included the best fights of the series, and the greatest scene in anime ever. EVER.

Freeza is awesome too, but the staredowns were just horrible. I'm dying to see what Kai will do about this.

I liked the first Broly movie, but the other two were meh. The Bojack movie was my favourite honestly :)

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Frieza is a manwoman

Cell is a beast

Fat Buu is hilarious

Kid Buu is lame

NAPPA > ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

PND

Smash Champion
Of course he had to be killed off before he was Super Saiyan, he was bald. The artists can't draw characters without hair denoting how strong they are supposed to be. He, thusly, would be too badass for anyone, even the artists, to handle.

Would his mustache go blond as well?

Arrrgh. Cyan ruined my post by posting as I wrote this up.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Of course he had to be killed off before he was Super Saiyan, he was bald. The artists can't draw characters without hair denoting how strong they are supposed to be. He, thusly, would be too badass for anyone, even the artists, to handle.

Would his mustache go blond as well?

Arrrgh. Cyan ruined my post by posting as I wrote this up.
i will edit my post with a picture of Nappa

Top Bottom