• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GtaN Brawl General discussion thread! -Wait, did the title change?

FatalX

Smash Journeyman
nappa sucked yo
he got what he deserved in GT, killed without even 1 line
even though GT sucked rofl
yo he had hair

yeah the first Broly movie was awesome, Second one was good (loved the ending), third was just ****

i will only watch dragonball kai if theres an eng dub some day.
sorry weaboos, but i want to watch the show, not read it
but i gotta say its still awesome how theyre cutting all the filler and it looks super sexy
i mean im sure we all got tired of seeing piccolos face grunting for like 3 minutes

Did anyone else notice how the writers absolutely HATED vegeta? seriously i dont think
ANY
character has been disrespected as much as vegeta

k yo he won like TWO fights in the entire show, Android 19 and 2nd Form Cell

EVERY OTHER FUKKEN FIGHT HE GOT HIS *** BEAT
he even bloody sacrificed himself to kill buu but then they were like LOLNO and buu regenerates

i was soo pissed cuz i used to love vegeta
ROFL its also vegetas fault like every villain came to be

vegeta wanted frieza to show his true form, so he did
vegeta spared cell to reach his perfect form
vegeta wanted to fight goku which gave energy to free buu

yo seriously they hate him

Cyan_

Smash Lord
nappa sucked yo
he got what he deserved in GT, killed without even 1 line
even though GT sucked rofl
yo he had hair

yeah the first Broly movie was awesome, Second one was good (loved the ending), third was just ****

i will only watch dragonball kai if theres an eng dub some day.

sorry weaboos, but i want to watch the show, not read it
that's right, ANTHONY.

i agree with both the cutting filler thing being awesome and vegeta getting ***** by the writers

he needs to win more fights and he's supposed to be like the 3rd strongest Z warrior guy unfused (after gohan and goku)

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
vegeta wanted frieza to show his true form, so he did
vegeta spared cell to reach his perfect form
vegeta wanted to fight goku which gave energy to free buu
Don't forget Vegeta was the one who sent Raditz to Earth in the first place!!!!

Speaking of Raditz, what would happen if he turned super saiyan? His hair is already waist length, so all he'd have is shave his eyebrows and he would look like he's super saiyan 3. And of course, if he turned SS3 his hair would become 10 feet long.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
nah if Raditz turned into SSJ3 he'd lose all his to become the new Nappa.

greater than SSJ4 Gogeta

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Raditz was already SS3, he just dyed his hair black to fool people.... and was really, really, really freakin weak in 'normal' form. :)

I hate trying to budget my money for college... I've been sitting here all day staring at pages for ordering a Hori FS EX 2 ($68 CDN) or a Mad Catz TE ($150 USD) and can't decide... leaning towards the TE just because I especially don't want to buy the hori stick and then later decide that I want to upgrade to the TE.

Frowny face.

nickcam

Smash Ace
Anyone who like the frieza sauga is mental. I remeber as a kid watching gouku charge up his spirit bomb for 3 ****ing episodes only to have it scratch frieza in the eye. The only thing good about that was the god dam ginyu force. Those guys/ one toad like creature who could stop time (or something) were ****ing epic

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Anyone who like the frieza sauga is mental. I remeber as a kid watching gouku charge up his spirit bomb for 3 ****ing episodes only to have it scratch frieza in the eye. The only thing good about that was the god dam ginyu force. Those guys/ one toad like creature who could stop time (or something) were ****ing epic
Nappa, the Ginyu Force, Hercule, and Fat Buu. my fav characters for lulz

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Wait for Kai to reach Freeza saga. It'll be at least 10x quicker. The 5 minutes won't be 20 episodes...maybe 5? :laugh:

Also, I watch the Japanese version because:

1. Better music
2. Better voices (even dubbies have to agree that Freeza sounds like a bad *** mother ****er in the Japanese version, and sounds like trash in the dub)
3. Accurate script.

I've watched the dub so many times on TV that I could watch the Japanese version raw anyways, but obviously I'll put on subs. It's a shame that DBZ got such a horrible dub imo. Maybe they'll redo it when Kai gets localized? :)

The writers didn't hate Vegeta, they made him that way. He was supposed to be the character that the reader hated. It kinda sucks that he only won two insignificant fights the entire series, but him causing Freeza and Cell to go perfect is part of the character they were trying to convey. We're supposed to hate this mother ****er.

But I still love him :) Soooo good.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
LOL poor Fatal. He's gonna snap.

And Sword, I think you have a pretty good chance of beating Mr. Samboner in the second round. wtf is fox vs iceys?

.decoy

Smash Ace
what i dont get about dbz is why gohan was so fail after cell.
i mean he was a bamf when he went ssj2, then...saiyaman? yay....................................

swordgard

Smash Hero
LOL poor Fatal. He's gonna snap.

And Sword, I think you have a pretty good chance of beating Mr. Samboner in the second round. wtf is fox vs iceys?
Ironically, i find fatal to havea way easier bracket than mine. Either way, samboner uses weegy and is known for his lag spikes. Bad call on ban last time for me, ended up on brinstar, he won first game on a neutral, i won 2nd, i figured out how to beat him too late. Brinstar killed me. Bad choice seriously, shoulda banned it and went RC. Since then i worked on the matchup, hopefully i can take him out this time >..<

Anth0ny

Smash Master
what i dont get about dbz is why gohan was so fail after cell.
i mean he was a bamf when he went ssj2, then...saiyaman? yay....................................
Yeah they really ****ed him up afterwards. Then he got the training on Kaioshin's planet, and I was like "OH YES GOHAN IS BACK". He ***** for like 3 episodes and got absorbed...:laugh:

Don't even get me started with Gohan in GT...ugh.

.decoy

Smash Ace
steve i was very scared that was going to be some dbz slideshow set to in the end.
but thank jesus you are cool haha.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
haha

i loved this song when i was a kid watching this show, still do. :)

Cyan_

Smash Lord
dont even mention GT

it's not worth the energy to type the 2 letters

besides, the creator of DB and DBZ isn't the same for that awful show

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
had to follow in the footsteps of vawn bretheren and post
and LOL at all the nappa love,dayumms what about Choi-Sui(spelling) dudes best move was suicide loool

edit: oh god dont talk about GT,makes me rage just remembering that trash

Last edited:

swordgard

Smash Hero
dont even mention GT

it's not worth the energy to type the 2 letters
Gohan was awesome enough to actually Power down in those series. His normal state is supposed to be ultimate, thus if he goes SSJ hes technically getting worst. Failboat.

Did i mention how energy doesnt scale(babys ultimate attack barely destroyed a city LOL). Or every other weird stuff.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Man, Vegeta killed so many people. Namek was too good. He just doesn't get the spotlight to defeat a main enemy. Vegeta should have been the one to kill Cell :p

The way Saiyan saga went was perfect. It would have been boring any other way. Piccolo finally gets to kill Goku.

FatalX

Smash Journeyman
1st round of wifi online playoffs.

Fatalx vs kingace

LOL
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK

RRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEE

Also, I watch the Japanese version because:

1. Better music
WTF NO the *** music sounds like a fukken circus IMO
i love the eng music

2. Better voices (even dubbies have to agree that Freeza sounds like a bad *** mother ****er in the Japanese version, and sounds like trash in the dub)
actually FUNi's voice acting is pretty **** good, I think DBZ is one of the best dubbed animes. FUNi is definitely better than that GODAWFUL OCEAN DUB
Besides, who cares how good the voices are if you dont understand what they're saying.

Fatal is gonna john about his bracket
well obviously i am
because even if i somehow beat ace, that leaves me against SANOCSY HOORAY ANOTHER PRO MK!!! and then KRYSTEDZ which is a wario i CANNOT STAND
ISNT THAT GREAT
Lets just hope losers bracket is easier for me
actually no, theres no point in hoping
i always, always, always, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYSSSS GET BRACKET ***** ALWAYS MY LUCK IS SOOO GARBAGE

bracket johns are legit styll

**** my luck

Ironically, i find fatal to havea way easier bracket than mine
**** NO ill switch brackets with you any day

Don't even get me started with Gohan in GT...ugh.
GT sucks period

Vegeta should have been the one to kill Cell :p
THIS
I mean Gohan goes SS2 when the fukken android he talked to once in his life dies

why cant Vegeta go SS2 when his SON dies? the writers are like LOL LETS HAVE VEGETA WASTE HALF THE EPISODE FIRING BEAMS AT CELL AND THEN GET HIS *** KICKED
seriously

they hate him.

FatalX

Smash Journeyman
lol i admit they majorly fukked up with kid buu in the buu saga

i mean think about it

ok so the fat buu splits into two versions, good fat buu and dark skinny african evil buu

the dark skinny african evil buu absorbs the fat one and then becomes the ultimate ******** buu

so then when goku and vegeta go inside ultimate ******** and pull out fat buu, he turns into kid buu?

WAT
he should have turned into dark skinny african buu

and i think that happened cause apparently gohan was supposed to defeat super buu, but the fans were like **** that so akira had to change the story up
but he fukked up lol

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Gohan was awesome enough to actually Power down in those series. His normal state is supposed to be ultimate, thus if he goes SSJ hes technically getting worst. Failboat.
The only reason he would get any worse is that the transformation is a waste of energy. The whole idea of the "Mystic" Gohan thing was the Elder Kai brought him to his full potential that he would have had if he had actually trained in all those years after Cell (instead of being a p***y) - so he was fighting at his full strength regardless of whether he transformed or not, and transforming was just a waste of energy. Then in GT he was a p***y again and it didn't matter.

So I finally broke down and decided to order the MadCatz TE stick, but the Gameshark store (which is where MadCatz links you to) won't ship outside the US, and I can't find anywhere else I can buy one (been searching for hours). If anyone has a TE stick or happens to know someone with one could you please help me find where I can order one?

Also if Vegeta was supposed to be the character we hated then the writers did a really bad job at that. Aside from being (usually) badass, he was able to justify his actions twice during the show - once with his epic pre-death speech to Goku on Namek, and again with his "What has more meaning than your own strength?" speech before fighting Goku in the Buu saga.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
If your up for it, make your own stick. Lizardlick. Takes 2 weeks for your order to get out though because they have been so busy.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Vegeta was intended to be the either you hate me or love me character :p

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
hey guys t10 is venue fee ****** us with 15 dollar entry and liek 5 dollar pot. I'm hosting a sauga tourney this weekend with possible free passes to fan expo for the top players. I think they had 9 free passes to give away plus a raffle for a tv or game system + 3 games of choice. If theres enough interest i can make this happen this weekend.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
If your up for it, make your own stick. Lizardlick. Takes 2 weeks for your order to get out though because they have been so busy.
I don't feel I have the expertise to make a stick unfortunately - especially not one as precise as the TE. It took me a couple months of reading before I was confident enough to build my computer, and I still fried 4 motherboards in the process (not one god**** guide out of the dozens I read mentioned the necessity of copper/brass spacers between the steel plate in the case and the actual motherboard -_-).

After some reading on SRK, it appears there are several other SFIV players - particularly in the Windsor area - with the exact same issue I have.

FatalX

Smash Journeyman
hey guys t10 is venue fee ****** us with 15 dollar entry and liek 5 dollar pot. I'm hosting a sauga tourney this weekend with possible free passes to fan expo for the top players. I think they had 9 free passes to give away plus a raffle for a tv or game system + 3 games of choice. If theres enough interest i can make this happen this weekend.
DO IT

Also,

lmao

.decoy

Smash Ace
i loved vegeta at one moment and one moment only:

when he was man enough to stop getting owned by people that goku owns and grew a bad*** moustache.
yes blah blah it was in gt but it was MAN. chuck norris would have been proud.

edit: fatal that post is gold haha. actually his hair was gold. but only for a moment.

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
I'm seriously thinking about doing it since t9 treated the brawl community like **** sticking us in the basement and now we're getting a ****ty 15 dollar **** venue fee and ****ty pot to go along with it.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=243687

Spread the hype and i can make this happen i'll talk to the venue owners tmr night.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Yeah, people neglect to mention standoffs because they assume it comes with the tower, but sometimes that is not the situation. The short actually fried the mobos eh? I am surprised. Maybe too many power cycles. What are your PC specs?

I haven't made my stick yet, but it looks extremely easy. Especially with the quick connects because my soldering is low tier. (using the cthulhu)

FatalX

Smash Journeyman
I'm seriously thinking about doing it since t9 treated the brawl community like **** sticking us in the basement and now we're getting a ****ty 15 dollar **** venue fee and ****ty pot to go along with it.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=243687

Spread the hype and i can make this happen i'll talk to the venue owners tmr night.
U WERE AT T9?

SERIOUSLY LOL DID WE MEET?

haha yoooo i remmeber holy **** that was my first ever tourney
it was in this ghetto *** neighbourhood

in a mad stuffy basement
with like 3 TVs haha

but yo forreal do it, this is a much better idea

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
Avarice come to the sauga tourney if i'm hosting? we can do our mm there, or are you going to t10 for sf4? Decoy would you come? Joe said he would get vawn to come too.

Top Bottom