• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GtaN Brawl General discussion thread! -Wait, did the title change?

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Yeah, people neglect to mention standoffs because they assume it comes with the tower, but sometimes that is not the situation. The short actually fried the mobos eh? I am surprised. Maybe too many power cycles. What are your PC specs?

I haven't made my stick yet, but it looks extremely easy. Especially with the quick connects because my soldering is low tier. (using the cthulhu)
I built it in Sept of '07, so while it's still a decent machine by any measure it's nowhere near as impressive as it was at the time it was built.
-AMD Athlon X2 6000+ (Dual Core 3.0)
-Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB GPU
-4 GB DDR2 memory
-WD 7200rpm 500GB HDD
-Soundblaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Sound Card (driver conflicts between this and the GPU were a serious pain in the *** for the first month or so)
-750w PPS (can't remember the manufacturer...OCX or something like that?)

As for the standoffs - on the first mobo my PPS started screeching like hell when I tried powering the machine on... I couldn't figure out what was wrong except that it had to be either the PPS or the mobo... I don't remember how but I eliminated the possibility of the PPS being the issue sent the mobo in to get replaced, second mobo just didn't work at all.. it might not have even been fried, but I sent it in and requested a different mobo for replacement (customer service is one thing TigerDirect managed to actually really impress me with). On the third mobo one of the capacitors actually ignited and there was a small charred section on the mobo after that.

Then I did a ton of searching online for anyone with a similar issue and realized the issue was actually the standoffs. I had already returned the burnt mobo assuming that my luck was just really that terrible and that it was defective and my 4th mobo was already on the way when I realized what the problem was. 4th mobo worked fine and I haven't had a problem since. So now that I think about it I only actually fried 3 motherboards, not 4.

So after some more reading on SRK someone mentioned that he bought his 360 TE stick at the EB Games at the Devonshire Mall in Windsor (really close to me)... then he said it was the last one. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Dimmy said:
Avarice come to the sauga tourney if i'm hosting? we can do our mm there, or are you going to t10 for sf4? Decoy would you come? Joe said he would get vawn to come too.
I'm probably going to take a break from the tourney scene for a little while if only to give my feet (and wallet) time to recuperate from all the driving :) Although as I've said if some miracle allows me to reach Havoc I'll be there. Other than that I'm not really sure...maybe the next Pownz tourney...

Anth0ny

Smash Master
U WERE AT T9?

SERIOUSLY LOL DID WE MEET?

haha yoooo i remmeber holy **** that was my first ever tourney
it was in this ghetto *** neighbourhood

in a mad stuffy basement
with like 3 TVs haha

but yo forreal do it, this is a much better idea
lol T9 was my first tourney too. Back in the Marth dayz.

I met J Wong in the bathroom LOL.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
If your up for it, make your own stick. Lizardlick. Takes 2 weeks for your order to get out though because they have been so busy.
Well I managed to find a decent price on a TE from Newegg so I went ahead and ordered it. Now I'm just anxious for the day it comes in so I can stop being a controller scrub lol.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Thats still a runnable rig though, AMD K8 is showing age though.
I am running:
C2D E4400 stock 2.0ghz @ 3.0ghz
6GB OCZ DDR2 800 CL 555-15
9800GX2 1GB @ 720/1800(shdr)/1115

There are barely any PC games out right now that I enjoy :\ I only play CSS (old'd lol) and Supreme Commander Forged Alliance. I was playing The Witcher for a bit, but I got bored.

Just checked, 150$, pretty good + Tax shipping. For just my parts it was 120$. I am hoping to run a switch on my stick so its 360 compatible.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Yeah... I've been really lazy on keeping up with new PC parts since nothing interesting has came out that I can't run perfectly fine. I might have to do some updating when Starcraft 2 hits shelves though...

TE stick came out to $185 after shipping, taxes, and border duty fees.

Pho

Smash Journeyman
That is a good freaking deal. Have fun trying to learn the game again from scratch. I'm still adjusting...

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Okay everyone, prepare to get your mind ****ing blown.

If you weren't coming to Fan Expo before, you're coming now. One of the guest attendees this year is Larry Thomas, also known as...

THE MOTHER ****ING SOUP NAZI.

One of the greatest characters on the greatest TV show of all time comes to Toronto! I **** bricks.

J.L

Smash Ace
i would love to face you guys in B+. Someone host a casual or something. BTW jake, where did you get your B+ textures from? Link me up?

swordgard

Smash Hero
Holy will have to answer to my Ness+ first.

Holy doesn't want to answer to Ness+.
Er, didnt i beat it?
I can tell you that montreal>Ontario from what ive seen at brawl+.

Or maybe more like.

Zelda>Brawl+

Lol, that **** is broken as ****.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Er, didnt i beat it?
I can tell you that montreal>Ontario from what ive seen at brawl+.

Or maybe more like.

Zelda>Brawl+

Lol, that **** is broken as ****.
When did I even mention you? I said Holy doesn't want to answer to Ness+. Where does that say swordgard?

God forbid I pick up a good character in Brawl+ :laugh:

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Holy beat me at the last tournament.

Stop the theory crafting on who's better swordgard....
You must be bad at making friends... >_<

swordgard

Smash Hero
Holy beat me at the last tournament.

Stop the theory crafting on who's better swordgard....
You must be bad at making friends... >_<
Your good at insulting people :p

Last tourney you mean brawl+ or normal brawl?
And avarice, i remember holy beating you in a MM
>.<

EDIT: Avarice, are you saying ness is good in brawl+?

Either way, i still dont get one thing. You use ness, but your swf accounts says you use D3 :S

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
hey guys http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=243687

Since T10 decided to **** us in venue i decided to host a venue free tournament at a venue. 10 dollar entry with everything going to the pot. Hype it up!

Brose, Minus, Decoy, Fatal, JL can you guys come?

JL: i have sf4 setups there the same day too if you want to play that also we need a rematch in that haha.

Illiad, could you get any of hamilton to go? Maybe sauce or raidos would be interested? its a 10 dollar entry with no venue fee. Any support would be appreciated, if this goes well i can start hosting sauga monthlies.

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
btw fatal ill give u a ride/housing prob cuz friday i'm seeing my gf then sunday im seeing her again.

J.L

Smash Ace
srry dimmy i got exams till like the 17th but ill be totally down after that. btw i have improved loads since last time although im too used to ps3 controller so the 360 might set me off a bit but we'll see.

D

Deleted member

i would love to face you guys in B+. Someone host a casual or something. BTW jake, where did you get your B+ textures from? Link me up?
i grabbed youko's big pack for the majority of the characters and the ingame pics. he also has some cool stage textures too, just i liked the majora's one :)

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Your good at insulting people :p

Last tourney you mean brawl+ or normal brawl?
And avarice, i remember holy beating you in a MM
>.<

EDIT: Avarice, are you saying ness is good in brawl+?

Either way, i still dont get one thing. You use ness, but your swf accounts says you use D3 :S
Do you also remember the last game of that MM where I decided to be fancy and gimped myself trying to edgeguard Holy when I had a huge % lead? :(

Ness is certainly better in Brawl+, as he has some of the most rapetastic combos in the entire game, but almost all of the problems he has in Brawl are also in Brawl+.

I do use Dedede - I've used him since the release of the game. Ness is more fun and I decided to rep my fun character in tourney for about a year. Considering how far I drive out to tourneys though it gets expensive and I might as well use a character who has a chance at winning something; I can have fun in friendlies.

My posts in this thread are gonna be pretty sparse tonight - I'm working on something fun that I'll be able to share with you guys when it's finished :)

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
haha oops what about you iliad you wanna come? u forgot to mention yourself haha.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Do you also remember the last game of that MM where I decided to be fancy and gimped myself trying to edgeguard Holy when I had a huge % lead? :(

Ness is certainly better in Brawl+, as he has some of the most rapetastic combos in the entire game, but almost all of the problems he has in Brawl are also in Brawl+.

I do use Dedede - I've used him since the release of the game. Ness is more fun and I decided to rep my fun character in tourney for about a year. Considering how far I drive out to tourneys though it gets expensive and I might as well use a character who has a chance at winning something; I can have fun in friendlies.

My posts in this thread are gonna be pretty sparse tonight - I'm working on something fun that I'll be able to share with you guys when it's finished :)
Oh yeah i remember that . Either way holy wasnt using rob >.< But yeah that was some incredible BS. And id have to say ness is actually a char who lacks comboes when compared to the rest of brawl+ cast >.<

As alopex says: Ness is a kid who needs help, and alot of it.

Top Bottom