• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GtaN Brawl General discussion thread! -Wait, did the title change?

Niko_K

Smash Master
I don't see why this argument still persists. It's been decided that Mikey and I are both running MK free tournaments....Pownz soon to follow.

KingAce

Smash Ace
^exactly what im thinking lol, no point in more arguing
honestly i believe the top 4 mks (me,tojoe,hype,ambrose) will still continue to place even after the mk ban. obviously you would have to give me and hype some time since we were mk mains from the start of brawl... lol but still i believe my new main will be top 3 haha. lol i have a feeling the results will be almost the same a month or two after the ban ;)

.decoy

Smash Ace
yeah i remember playing hype's marth in tournament a loong time ago at pownz.
man's got skills, he'll be back up there for sure.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
I feel bad for Kingace and Hype too, but they're good enough to retain their spots

Also, forgot to mention, just like any stage - if your opponent agrees to let you use MK, you're allowed to use him...I guess that could help a little :dizzy:

Cyan_

Smash Lord
^exactly what im thinking lol, no point in more arguing
honestly i believe the top 4 mks (me,tojoe,hype,ambrose) will still continue to place even after the mk ban. obviously you would have to give me and hype some time since we were mk mains from the start of brawl... lol but still i believe my new main will be top 3 haha. lol i have a feeling the results will be almost the same a month or two after the ban ;)
dontchu kno

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqNUpqy_L9Q

swordgard

Smash Hero
Whats the point of banning MK if the players dont lose their place on PR. Just shows he doesnt break the skill system >.>

Niko_K

Smash Master
Just because a character is being banned doesn't necessarily mean those who use MK should be kicked off the PR....Changes will simply be made according to tournament results after the ban.

It's pretty simple.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Just because a character is being banned doesn't necessarily mean those who use MK should be kicked off the PR....Changes will simply be made according to tournament results after the ban.

It's pretty simple.
Thats not what i meant.

If they still place exactly or very similarly in the next MK banned tourney, shows your evidence of MK being banned is pretty bad and that its actually the players being good, not MK forcing overcentralization but rather getting a bandwagon effect, which in no way warrants a ban.

Niko_K

Smash Master
You should've said what you meant. Who's to say they're going to be placing the same after the MK ban? You're basing your argument around post ban assumptions....

swordgard

Smash Hero
You should've said what you meant. Who's to say they're going to be placing the same after the MK ban? You're basing your argument around post ban assumptions....
Im saying what if it does happen. Will you guys unban him or what?

nickcam

Smash Ace
no offence to mk mains but id be reallly dam surprised if any of them place anywhere close to where they use to place at the first couple tournies. I really only think a couple of you will ever be able to adapt without mk and im not gonna say who. As far as people being so surprised at this ban, are you kidding me? Practically since brawl came out there has been talk of banning mk. MK mainers Knew the character was broken thats why 99% of them picked them. If its more player skill then character (Which i highly doubt especially in a game like brawl) then people should have already been training a secondary in case mk got banned.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
lol banning a character because there sick of losing to him, we are the bees knees....i shud have hosted IC banned tourneys then =/

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
your doing it wrong, its "you mad?"

you guys havent presented a just reason as to why MK got banned besides being tired of losing to him and this whole run the timer stuff(this isnt even a problem in our community but your making this vote based off our community since were clearly ignoring the SBR, makes no sense>.>)

im leaning towards anti ban now because the pro ban side is a ****ing joke here,like i said atleast 5times either way i dont care,but when i see no real reasons for the ban besides a bunch of babies complaining to compensate for the skill they have proven they either are too lazy or cant live it up to

i cant wait for hype,me,and ace to shut all of you guys up in a couple months:laugh:

to be honest

you mad cause MK stylin on you

nickcam

Smash Ace
O on a side note now that mk will be banned IC have no reason to complain so the 2 grabs to death or 6 chain grab rule should be enforced. I beleive that someone should not have to pay for one mistake of spacing with there whole stock. If u mess up twice then they have the oppurtunity to get the full cg to death.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
If MK is banned, that means we don't have to fear facing some campy flying blue puffball.

I don't care if he's banned, I just want to play the **** game...

Edit: Hai, I'm now to this thread :3

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Gotta say Joe, your post in the Metaknight topic was not cool at all. If people want to host MK banned tournaments, they have every right. But for you to post there and call us a bunch of ****ing scrubs....gotta say I'm quite disappointed.

D

Deleted member

Especially when all he's been saying is "you guys are just a bunch of scrubs" when plenty of people, including myself, have given plenty of justification for a regional ban.

To say we haven't given a SINGLE just reason is ridiculous, and I feel it's totally unfair. Not cool, Joe

D

Deleted member

It's difficult - especially since both belittle the pro-ban arguments without presenting an equal argument back. I guess Swordgard isn't as bad as TJ, but whatever, it both applies.

(he said Hype beat me in the argument - I didn't really feel it was over)

Also, Max, wtf is happening in that purple-coloured regime? Can you give us some insight?

swordgard

Smash Hero
O on a side note now that mk will be banned IC have no reason to complain so the 2 grabs to death or 6 chain grab rule should be enforced. I beleive that someone should not have to pay for one mistake of spacing with there whole stock. If u mess up twice then they have the oppurtunity to get the full cg to death.
Seriously, wtf are you guys. The scrub club? You do realize ics have plenty of bad matchups even WITH the cg. Stop being so whiny about everything you cant beat. Wario is 6-4 vs ics, agreed by both wario and ics pros. Snake is 7-3, rob is 6-4.

Get your facts straight, they arent broken. You guys really need to stop blaming the game for your own lack of skill.

Im sorry, i may sound harsh, but thats how you guys go, down the very very very scrubby road. I can understand banning MK, though you guys have yet to say any argument except that he does BS and sometimes run the timer. Your own character was MADE to run the timer. Seriously, this scene is turning into a joke faster than anti can say you mad? And thats pretty **** fast.

swordgard

Smash Hero
BTW, its 66% total from the sbr+the bonus votes from the community vote.

I can show you how its statistically impossible right now that MK gets banned, but yeah keep your hopes high pro ban.

nickcam

Smash Ace
Snake is 7-3
Hmm.. U can throw out all the numbers u want but im pretty sure i saw ambrose jv 3 ur snake? Correct me if im wrong but in a 7-3 matchup that shouldnt happen should it. I am merely suggesting now that MK is banned there is no reason for a potential one grab to kill option for any character in this game. Maybe if you have played any other fighting game other then smash you would see how broken the prospect of that is.

swordgard

Smash Hero
While so many of you are complaining, heres what a few of your top PR members are doing.

Kingace: Practicing online.
Silverdoc(aka platdoc): Practicing online
Hype: Getting more info onto the boards to beat the other characters.
TO joe: Practicing online.

Stop whining, start training.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Hmm.. U can throw out all the numbers u want but im pretty sure i saw ambrose jv 3 ur snake? Correct me if im wrong but in a 7-3 matchup that shouldnt happen should it. I am merely suggesting now that MK is banned there is no reason for a potential one grab to kill option for any character in this game. Maybe if you have played any other fighting game other then smash you would see how broken the prospect of that is.
My snake is trash compared to my ics. Ambrose knows the matchup very well too. I can accept my own weakness at the matchup, i barely play it.

At best its 6-4 agaisnt ics/***. Theres a reason lain never goes ics vs snake. They have counters, banning MK has nothing to do with it seriously. Fiction beat lain.

Get over your lack of knowledge and start training. Seriously, the infinite does not overcentralize the metagame, and thats the only reason to ban. You have tons of ways to gimp ics as wario which are much easier for you to do than for em to grab you.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
everyone's an ass online

bahahaha

stupid arrogant prick scrubs get better lolol

edit: btw swordgard, lain went ICs one whole set against Ally the last time they played in Midwest

he came pretty close too

swordgard

Smash Hero
everyone's an *** online

bahahaha

Because it seems like noones willing to say this sort of stuff offline or even DISCUSS about it. The MK ban discussion went like this: Do we ban MK???? YEAH!!!

And now as holy said: I can now win all the time : D.

Good job guys.

swordgard

Smash Hero
everyone's an ass online

bahahaha

edit: btw swordgard, lain went ICs one whole set against Ally the last time they played in Midwest

he came pretty close too
And i quote him: Im only going D3 now as i feel that ics are way too hard vs snake.

Top Bottom