• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GtaN Brawl General discussion thread! -Wait, did the title change?

Wolfblade

Smash Lord

Haha, I knew that get your attention Wolf.

Alright it's on, we'll figure out who's Ontario's best. :)
Oh f*ckin right son.

And no matter what the outcome... we team and take over the world via Goldeneye right?

Avarice why dont you MM your Mk vs my Fox then if your so cocky to challenge Dimmy hm? any amount of money as high as 50$

ill do this MM vs any of you pro banners and most likely 2-0 you all

im serious
Silly Plank, you don't use Fox ^_^

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
Yo wolf update the taunt pr.

I laik thees gayum.
Ha ha oh Illiad, just to taunt you, I won't update it :lick:

I figure I'll get around to updating it soon enough. I'm taking a page outa the GTAN PR, just kinda chillin then updating a few weeks later when nobody expects.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
No joe if i wanted to make money off this game i would pick MK. I want to be able to pull off wreck combos (Up air, up air , nado is not a wreck combo) and have the respect of people for playing a respectable character. Also i want to be able to approach any character and not count it as an auto loss (MK does not allow this).
Super Smash Bros Brawl

joe, mk vs rob is 65:35. RLY!
i culd of sworn the way holy uses him it is at least a little less then even. i hate when people throw ***** numbers around.
Well, Holy is Holy.

and tbh i probably could take out any MK here besides Hype Brose and Phil with Fox with the skill i have now
I will fuck your shit up with my MK. Bitch.

As for the whole ban thing, I still say at the very least we do a temp ban. We let MK's metagame stagnate for a while, and evolve everyone elses. Try and get them to his level. Then, after about 6 months or so, we decide if we want to keep him banned, or if we're ready for him.

Pretty much the only way we're going to accept MK back is if all the Snake mains reach Ally's level, the Wario mains reach Fiction's level, the Lucario mains reach Lee Martin's level etc. etc.

Of course, I mean their current level. You have six months to reach the level that these pros are at now. While MK stays still, the rest of the cast evolves! I think it's worth a shot.

God this argument is so stupid. Brawl sucks balls.

-Culex

Smash Apprentice
Joe, I'll challenge your Fox vs my MK, I'm sure you wont 2-0 me =p......I just need to use the B button ;), Joe is 1 sexy *****, but MK is NOT.
By the way, It won't be for money, Cuz winning with MK wouldn't be legit to take on such a mm, just make it a friendly. Maybe your CF vs my CF, better ya? That'll be the real mm bro

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
Joe, I'll challenge your Fox vs my MK, I'm sure you wont 2-0 me =p......I just need to use the B button ;), Joe is 1 sexy *****, but MK is NOT
ok great 1 person stepped up to the plate, i ****ing love Lom loll

and Niko you already owe me 1$ from getting 2-0d by my Fox at your tourney boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy <3

and about the whole $$ thing,im playing a game competitively ofcourse i play it for $$,to ban a character because it gives you a better shot at money is pretty bleh imo

and you guys are overhyping MK so bad lol, so punishable moves? with that mindset you clearly havent done any research on your character or the matchup as a matter a fact, no woner why you lose, whine moar about stuff that can be beaten plz

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
*sips on strawberry milk*

Only a character as ******** as Metaknight can bring about such arguments. I would so love it if Metaknight got Mewtwo'd for the next Smash Brothers.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
I still don't get the fact that your Fox can beat so many people yet you are pissed about MK being banned
i said my Fox would beat any Mk besides the 4ppl mentioned, and id get top 10 with fox, im not saying id become the jesus of the community with Fox or something stop twisting my words

and ok Steve, you wont be able to nado **** me offline =]]]]]

the reason why im pissed about MK getting banned is that theres no reason for him to be banned besides people whining about how they cant beat him, its like the community has to compensate for their lack of skill by eliminating the threat of their top players(who happen to main Mk), you guys havent proved anything as to why he should be banned

i dont care if MK gets banned like i said,but atleast ban him for a legit reason

edit: guys about the canada crew for SNES, i think you have to have 10 ppl per crew so maybe try joinin with Midwest?

swordgard

Smash Hero
Well to be honest, the only matches that ran the clock in the tourney were agaisnt me, and i found em really enjoyable : D

MK can be beaten even if he camps, especially at the level the MKs are playing. You guys are making playing MK seem so easy, im surprised none of you picked him up and got top 3 using him only MK and show us how much better youd be. Joe simply played an unviable char, MK was the least of his problems to be honest. Pika/ics/ZSS are much more harmfull to fox >.< .

For the rest of you, Falcos, go ask help from sk92/edhf. Warios: Go ask help from DMG/PX/Fiction.

The camping your talking about is far from unbeatable, so stop whining >.<

And the reason japan beat USA at SF had nothing to do with japan dropping sagat. You are assuming it is directly related.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Dojo vs dehf.

Dehf kicks Dojo into losers, Dojo then beats him in losers using the hyper defensive strategy we're talking about.

Bad example is bad.
So your saying to joe can actually camp as well as dojo and you dehf's level?

I stated at your level, hes not a problem.

Unless you really believe your scene is at this level.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
pfft im obviously better then Dojo sword

oh and i decided im dropping Fox as a main if Mk gets banned, im gonna pick up Sheik and 2nd fox/gw

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
So your saying to joe can actually camp as well as dojo and you dehf's level?

I stated at your level, hes not a problem.

Unless you really believe your scene is at this level.
Wow, that was a horrible comeback, I thought you were the almighty argueing swordgard?

You said to ask advice against the hyper defensive style, and you named someone who's lost to the exact style we're talking about.
Skill levels have nothing to do with it, the example stands throughout relative levels. You make no real attempt to discredit my point at all. Unless your advice is to ask Dehf: " How would you beat an MK that camps like Dojo, but isn't as good as Dojo" Which is ludicrous :laugh:

And for the record Dehf said what he would have done differently (and that the only thing falco should try to do against a hyper defensive mk) is to attempt to play the exact same hyper defensive style. Is this really the road we want things to go down?

swordgard

Smash Hero
Wow, that was a horrible comeback, I thought you were the almighty argueing swordgard?

You said to ask advice against the hyper defensive style, and you named someone who's lost to the exact style we're talking about.
Skill levels have nothing to do with it, the example stands throughout relative levels. You make no real attempt to discredit my point at all. Unless your advice is to ask Dehf: " How would you beat an MK that camps like Dojo, but isn't as good as Dojo" Which is ludicrous :laugh:

And for the record Dehf said what he would have done differently (and that the only thing falco should try to do against a hyper defensive mk) is to attempt to play the exact same hyper defensive style. Is this really the road we want things to go down?

To be honest im only half paying attention to you guys now since im listening to a live stream >.<

Either way, MK is definitly punishable during his camping, we didnt even extensively test it and let the dair camping out for 6 months to see if it was broken.

And lol, seems like TO joe never gets the % lead vs anti XD

-Culex

Smash Apprentice
Swordguard, I think the reason your debating is because your an IC's, which have a 0-death on anyone. I say you play something other than IC's, and MK, vs a MK like Ace, hell pick even Snake, it won't be as "easy" as you'd think. I'm sure even non MK mainers would break your spirit like MK breaks this game, and Sakurai+Tripping >_>. You can debate all ya want but in the end your an IC that has the death "combo" which makes it easier to fight MK then 9/10 of the cast. I'd personally rather fight IC's than MK. Besides, this is the Ont ban, not world wide. If you wanna still brawl MKs if this ban happens. Go anywhere else other than Ont there'll be 70% MKs by December ;).
I even feel like maining MK cuz I'm at a disadvantage If i dont >_<

swordgard

Smash Hero
Swordguard, I think the reason your debating is because your an IC's, which have a 0-death on anyone. I say you play something other than IC's, and MK, vs a MK like Ace, hell pick even Snake, it won't be as "easy" as you'd think. I'm sure even non MK mainers would break your spirit like MK breaks this game, and Sakurai+Tripping >_>. You can debate all ya want but in the end your an IC that has the death "combo" which makes it easier to fight MK then 9/10 of the cast. I'd personally rather fight IC's than MK. Besides, this is the Ont ban, not world wide. If you wanna still brawl MKs if this ban happens. Go anywhere else other than Ont ;).
As stated, D3 makes many more characters unviable. Your point is moot, MK has alot less **** matchups than most other top tier chars.And why not pick ics/snake then? I mean, if anything he has 1 even matchup, which means he doesnt break the game. He doesnt even provoke forced overcentralization in your scene, even less worldwide, and thats the only valid criteria to legitimately ban something.

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
Oh f*ckin right son.

And no matter what the outcome... we team and take over the world via Goldeneye right?
Definitely Wolf. Like I said before, if we were to team we'd be a beastly unbeatable team. :bee:

Nin, you go Jaws I'll go Oddjob.

Slappers only.

TEMPLEEE
:laugh:

Alright Cyan, your on bro. That's going to be a BIT tougher than usual but I should be fine.

Gichan

Smash Champion
daaaaayyuuummm, it took like 1 1/2 hrs to read all of this thread since my last post. Thank you Hype for actually responding. Delorted is a BEAST at debating, BEEASTT.

Okay, sooooo many good points, jesus, for both sides. But I guess, as much as I hate MK, I am going to vote unban (although I would still attend tournies if he was). It's just that when I play SF IV and get deemoollisshed by a Sagat, or sometimes even Ryu, I can't really talk **** about MK cause Sagat isn't banned either. Now this is in no way an argument I offer, it is just something I was thinking of to myself.

But in the end, we should just go with what the SBR says. Btw, Swordgard should be allowed to voice his opinion, he is a co-ordinator for our Canadian league (which, sword, did you update after Niko's?).

On another note, Little King's Story for the Wii is tooooooo gooooodd! Beast game, everyone should definitely try it. It is a gem in their mountain of trash.

swordgard

Smash Hero
daaaaayyuuummm, it took like 1 1/2 hrs to read all of this thread since my last post. Thank you Hype for actually responding. Delorted is a BEAST at debating, BEEASTT.

Okay, sooooo many good points, jesus, for both sides. But I guess, as much as I hate MK, I am going to vote unban (although I would still attend tournies if he was). It's just that when I play SF IV and get deemoollisshed by a Sagat, or sometimes even Ryu, I can't really talk **** about MK cause Sagat isn't banned either. Now this is in no way an argument I offer, it is just something I was thinking of to myself.

But in the end, we should just go with what the SBR says. Btw, Swordgard should be allowed to voice his opinion, he is a co-ordinator for our Canadian league (which, sword, did you update after Niko's?).

On another note, Little King's Story for the Wii is tooooooo gooooodd! Beast game, everyone should definitely try it. It is a gem in their mountain of trash.
I didnt :(, i forgot totally about it. Il do that tommorow as i wake up.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Sagat actually has a speed + comboability weaknesses, so therefore hes not MK who has no weakness

Swordgard =/= GTA, therefore has no say

swordgard

Smash Hero
Sagat actually has a speed + comboability weaknesses, so therefore hes not MK who has no weakness

Swordgard =/= GTA, therefore has no say
If your not willing to argue, your probably affraid of being wrong >.<

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
avarice the thing is i don't even have time to play the game, 15 months of playing mk equates to about like 3 weeks worth of time for me because i only play when i goto a tournie or the rare casual that i show up to. other than that i have a life outside of smash and if you beat me in an mk ditto its because i never ever practice or touch the game unless its at tournaments and i go to play for fun pretty much. I don't have the time to pickup a new character nor i would play. Notice back at FoIN when i beat you in brackets you pretty much asked who i was and who i lost to, its cuz i don't play the game really so asking me to pickup a new character is pretty much kicking me out of the scene. The first tourney i showed up to with mk i ended up 25th (this was nana and footstool). If your asking me to 5$ mm i'll do it but your most likely gonna win since i don't even play the game. I'll prolly show up to t10 cuz i promised to drive danny and phil so we'll do our mm there.

for the record avarice i am trying to pickup a character at t10 i'm just gonna pick either ddd or kirby and see how i do but to be honest i'd want to chose diddy because he suits my playstyle more i like rushing down, diddy would be quite a bit harder for me to pickup just at tournie though i still don't even know what half of his moves do so yah i'll mm u ditto mk bo3 $5 and play the tourney as ddd or kirby prolly.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
This is the second last thing I'll be saying in this debate:

I'm going to a SF4 tournament tomorrow. I have never played SF4 at an arcade, and I haven't even played SF since ST. I am also using characters who have been available since the arcade release. Anyone who played in an arcade is nearly a year ahead of me in developing their characters. It is a lot harder to pick up a SF4 character than a Brawl character. What I am saying is that if I place well in this tournament then anyone b****ing about needing to learn a new main while other people have a head start need to kindly stfu.

(The last thing I'll be saying in this debate is my performance at said tournament).

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
avarice whether or not sf4 is harder to pickup is subject to your opinion. I actually picked up playing sf4 a lot faster than brawl even though i havn't played any street fighter since super nintendo either. I went over to my friends house, he showed me a few things i watched justin wong vs daigo on youtube and i was already able to beat some ppl in the g2 area within 3 hours of me playing. That post seems like an attack at me and yes i am *****ing about needing to learn a new main and i am picking up a new main at t10 when i go what more do you want from me.

My definition of fun is being able to go to a tournament and winning a few matches and not getting 3 stocked by people. Mk who is admittedly easy to pickup is a character who suits my need. Hes easy to pickup and play at a mid level, but to play him on a high level is difficult because many people know the mk matchup like the back of their hand, they should know how to put mk in those situations where he makes mistakes because guess what brawl is all about mindgames especially when a lot of mks matchups are in the 60-40 range. The smarter player who practices and knows the matchup will win everytime, why else would we see such consistent results from players on the PR with this supposed mk dominance. If you disclude the 5 who use mk, btw doc, brose, will only use mk pretty much against another good pr player using mk or against someone who cps a gay ic/diddy stage. You still see nickcam ****** up scrubby mks, percon is still a beast. FOOL is the ultimate definition of an mk slayer. Just look at him, he knows the matchup so well so mk isn't even a problem for him unless your name is hype or kingace who just happened to be more skilled than him.

If you guys actually think that mk is killing the community then why not limit us to using mk only against members on the pr then. Phil is good nough to play snake against most of the community but needs his character against the higher level players, you can't just expect him to catchup like that. I actually wouldn't mind this as i'd feel more comfortable playing against ppl not on pr with a secondary, and being able to deal with the ppl on pr with mk. The skilled players can all beat mk, the scrubs can't deal with it so lets ban it like that then. That way new players won't be turned off and quit because of mk brackets all over. people on the PR should be experienced enough to deal with mk and those people would be the ones going to the states to play in canada crew most likely. So why not weed out the low level mk play and keep the high level ones so that canada is still ready to play mks in the states.

Basically, if we do the ban i suggested, you play in pools as non mk against most ppl. You get around 2-3 seed anyways because you do better than the noob thats in your pool. You play another 2-3 and win, then you play a 1st seed whose most likely a member of the pr, in which case you've earned your right as a smart enough player to not just be labeled some scrub who wins against other scrubs because of mk. The pr players still get their mk prac and the majority of the community won't have to face an mk, only 10 people would. PR members should vote on this imo. Its a suggestion that i think would benefit both the community and current mk mains.

DBL mk in dbls however i agree should definately banned, dbl tornado is just too gay.

Top Bottom