• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GtaN Brawl General discussion thread! -Wait, did the title change?

tha_carter

Smash Ace
  • statistically speaking he has the most chances of getting in the top of the top positions because he has no counters. Or bad stages

• Being the best by far doesnt mean hes bannable.
Oh okay, its making sense now.

The other stuff you said about the GTA shows how little you know about the scene. My guess is you just enjoy debating. If thats the case, continue. Otherwise get your facts straight, or just speak in general terms, without using specific GTA references.

swordgard

Smash Hero
People calm down with the step it up. Sonic sucks. Also swordgard ur not part of the GTA so no disrespect but i think we can make this decision on our own. People stop talkign about the US references they're not coming down here cause we dont have enough players anymore. This has obviously happened cause our scene is filled with MK's who make this game not enjoyable
So, is this about MK being too powerfull or too many MKs making it unenjoyable?

So your blaming people leaving on MK?

You ban MK, more people will be leaving and USA will for sure never come back.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Oh okay, its making sense now.

The other stuff you said about the GTA shows how little you know about the scene. My guess is you just enjoy debating. If thats the case, continue. Otherwise get your facts straight, or just speak in general terms, without using specific GTA references.
The only reason to ban is forced overcentralization.

KingAce

Smash Ace
k arguing back and forth really wont solve anything lol. why not just do this, whoever is pro-ban you guys can host your tournaments without mk. whoever is anti-ban just dont show up and dont support the tournament.

Niko_K

Smash Master
This arguement is terribly futile considering the only 2 Brawl TO's are going to be running MK free tournaments after Havoc

*Laughs hysterically*

KingAce

Smash Ace
after Havoc there is SNES and maybe a tourny on the 29th before summer ends if i host it. other then that, mk free tournaments will happen during school which will cause another huge attendance drop. to add on to that, people who are anti-ban wont show up and you guys will have less attendance

hahaha

Niko_K

Smash Master
It's really depressing that you're trying to keep the MK anti-ban arguement strong by adding a sense of fear into your posts as if attendance is going to drop cause MK is gone.

Don't you think, that a lot more scrubs and new players will be less intimidated to join the scene? I personally think we're going to see a huge attendance increase...

Cyan_

Smash Lord
lol that post made me think of some evil guy laughing

bahahhaha

edit: @phil

swordgard

Smash Hero
It's really depressing that you're trying to keep the MK anti-ban arguement strong by adding a sense of fear into your posts as if attendance is going to drop cause MK is gone.

Don't you think, that a lot more scrubs and new players will be less intimidated to join the scene? I personally think we're going to see a huge attendance increase...
Werent you the one who started? O.o

And if you guys want to tear appart the PR, then go for it lol.

Question: If you guys ban him, and nobody else does. And MKs performance keeps slipping, will you guys unban him?

KingAce

Smash Ace
lol im not adding a sense of fear into my posts, im just saying you guys do what you want but ill put money attendance wont increase due to mk ban

Tin Man

Smash Hero
There are two weekends before school starts. And why not have 2 tourneys in 1 weekend, it happened before (before i may possibly get flamed for saying this I accept that I wasnt there in march to know how the 2 tourney weekend went down and therefore if it is a bad idea then o well, I'm just making suggestions)

*lol at what I heard about prepare urself :p

Anth0ny

Smash Master
lol im not adding a sense of fear into my posts, im just saying you guys do what you want but ill put money attendance wont increase due to mk ban
It probably won't. But the 30 or so people who still come to tournaments will be happy :laugh:

Attendance will probably drop during school because...well, it's school. MK ban or not. I know I won't be able to show up to many tourneys unfortunately...I need to step it up grades-wise.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
the thing is,im not so sure everyone has done everything they have possibly could to beat MK

if im correct, Nickcams beaten MKs,so has Doc,so has Percon,so has Ambrose......thats the top level players in our area that all have beaten MK(aside from the MK PR members) frankly i dont see how MK has been so dominant when people who use MK have lost to them

oh and Holy only loses to King Ace with ROB,MK VS ROB IS ONE OF ROBS WORST MATCHUP AND HOLY HAS BEATEN EVERY GOOD MK HERE(even Ace he takes to last game last stock,who is probably top 15 mks in N.A),its rediculous to say hes broken when Holy has beaten MKs with a average character

Its just not justified to ban him because so many people use him, if were looking at the top level metagame of our scene(lets ignore m2k vs ally) then you cant honestly say Mks been doing anything out of the ordinary

if MK got banned and we went back to our 80+ tourneys id definitely think it was for the best,but tbh i cant see it happening

Mikey7

Smash Lord
We never had 80+ best tourney was 71 or so...but I think without MK attendence would go from about 20 to 40

I wish people would play other fighting games to get a sense of MK's brokenness instead of citing hearsay evidence cough swordic + akuma cough.

FYI: there are 2 people who won't show up: Kingace, Hype (hype maybe? idk hes got good secondaries)

When this ban gets official on Southern Ontario (I can't see it not becoming official), we will address IC CGs - I think the most fair way is allow 2 grabs til death and not one i.e. they CG you til 100, release you, then have to regrab you again for a kill (I think this is what Ambrose suggested last time? I'll ask him) but 2 grabs should be ok instead of 1

BUT STAY ON TOPIC: MK is broken. I used to beat EVERY MK. At one point, no MK could beat my Falco including Kingace....but then people started exploiting crap like running the clock for 8 mins with MK and crap, so its now RIDICULOUS

Swordic I MAY respond to your crap since I'm really bored...but most likely not because you're really annoying on the internet yet very nice in person lol

Niko_K

Smash Master
Pessimistic attitudes only spread on the boards. The more pessimism you spew the more likely that pessimistic scenario is to play out.

D

Deleted member

We run the risk of stagnation regardless of the action we do. Only one action appeases people and allows for a more balanced metagame.

That means that if we don't ban him, people will leave because they're sick of Meta Knight.

That means that if we do ban him, some people will leave because they main Meta Knight, or disagree with the ban.

Since we're only losing ~3 if we ban, I think the ramifications of banning him are much greater, and serve a more important purpose than if we were to leave this issue alone.

KingAce

Smash Ace
lol na mikey your wrong ill show up and ill still get top 5 without mk
wont be placnig top 3 just yet because mk was my main since start of brawl.
but cmon its brawl theres not really much "getting better" if your smart enough then you can play and actually be good, if your not smart enough then no matter how much more you play this game you just wont be that good at it. and i know there a lot of other players that have agreed with me on this.
wont matter much really, if mk gets banned here ill just start maining snake and getting top 3 again within a month =)

and mikey no, i just learned the matchup i 2 stocked your falco pretty easily without having to camp in any form. i was just smart enough not to get grabbed, and predicted the obvious side bs back on to the stage lmao. could of done it with any decent character tbh (marth or snake lol) although snake probably woulda got cg to death -.-

Mikey7

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure we would only lose 2

Suzaku I'm sure would still come out if MK is banned

Nin would too, he just plays random lol

Decoy wouldn't care I don't think

Mikey7

Smash Lord
And with Kingace post, we would now just lose Hype and thats still a maybe : P

But Phil you know that I know your Snake is really good, I just thought you would get discouraged at no MK, but I know its still top 3 material

edit: my clock running post was directed at TO plank lol, you 2 stocked me both times legitimately lol

KingAce

Smash Ace
lol na mikey not top 3 yet :p
oh well maybe mk ban would be better for this community... it seems to be what everyone wnats lol

swordgard

Smash Hero
We run the risk of stagnation regardless of the action we do. Only one action appeases people and allows for a more balanced metagame.

That means that if we don't ban him, people will leave because they're sick of Meta Knight.

That means that if we do ban him, some people will leave because they main Meta Knight, or disagree with the ban.

Since we're only losing ~3 if we ban, I think the ramifications of banning him are much greater, and serve a more important purpose than if we were to leave this issue alone.

You assume the metagame will get better.

Im telling you, you dont ban someone to make more characters viable. You only ban when it becomes forced overcentralization.

Not the case here, especially with percon placing so well with kirby.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
for the record guys, im 2-0 with fool in sets after beating Minus by planking at Gis (4-0 in wins/losses), i didnt plank Fool, i played legitly and beat him, i know the Falco matchup now stop looking at 1 set\

edit: DMG is teaching me how to plank with GW, uh ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

buenob

Smash Lord
lol, just for the record, MK is absolutely not broken compared to other fighters... chun-li in sf3, yoshimitsu in sc2, MSP in mvc2, a groove in cvs2... all of these things are "the best" at their games, yet they're not banned... why? because it takes skill to pull it off, and the better player will still win... it's the same with mk :)

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
for the record guys, im 2-0 with fool in sets after beating Minus by planking at Gis (4-0 in wins/losses), i didnt plank Fool, i played legitly and beat him, i know the Falco matchup now stop looking at 1 set\

4-0? Isn't it just Duy (last hit), Mikey's (last hit), GI's (planking)?
And didn't like 3 out of 4 of those games or so with fool end up going to the last minute, just like almost all of your matches?

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Also buenob, Sanford Kelly won mvc2 at evo without that team >_> pretty sure he beat Justin wong out of winners when Justin Wong used that team

MvC not very balanced, thats not the best example

ALSO: too lazy to argue about the rest of those games lol

Sanu

Smash Champion
Dear Swordgard

We don't like you, go away

Signed,
EVERYONE WHO DOESN'T WANT TO HEAR YOUR STUPID CRAP
He makes valid points about the USA and lack of experience though <-<

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
4-0? Isn't it just Duy (last hit), Mikey's (last hit), GI's (planking)?
And didn't like 3 out of 4 of those games or so with fool end up going to the last minute, just like almost all of your matches?
i said after GIs tourney, the bias must be blinding you

at Pownz 2-0, at Nikos 2-0

and i cant consider how i played vs Fool even air planking, i just played well and spaced everything....if he considered it planking fine ill bite my tongue but i didnt play whack

Last edited:

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
lol, just for the record, MK is absolutely not broken compared to other fighters... chun-li in sf3, yoshimitsu in sc2, MSP in mvc2, a groove in cvs2... all of these things are "the best" at their games, yet they're not banned... why? because it takes skill to pull it off, and the better player will still win... it's the same with mk :)
Just for the record, Yun is the best in sf3 and msp is not the best team in Marvel...
Akuma is the best in ST and he's banned....

Edit: Joe, I thought you meant you were 4-0 with me. Which is why I was like when did that happen?

Sanu

Smash Champion
f5f5f5f5f5f5

Watching you guys argue is entertaining, srsly.

Cyan_

Smash Lord

so easy

on ledge:

drop off -> nair -> upB back onto ledge

not that hard to punish though, at least for me

Tin Man

Smash Hero
please base info off of smash games and not other fighters, smash is a completely different fighter from these other 2-d/3-d fighters that u are mentioning.

KingAce

Smash Ace
anyways on a different note, i forgot who was down to fill up the last spot for the SNES tourny?

buenob

Smash Lord
lol tin man, mikey said we should, and I also think we should :)

and no, yun is NOT the best char, chun-li is... check out the top placings at the recent tournaments, once people got used to red-parrying his "safe" combos and play to trade with the dive kick, he lost a lot of his game... he's still top3, but chun has proved to be the best lately... maybe the meta-game will evolve a bit more, but that's how it is now

msp is about as broken as MK is imo, because it's easy to ****, hard to master, and a _tonne_ of people use it... neither require banning :)

D

Deleted member

You assume the metagame will get better.

Im telling you, you dont ban someone to make more characters viable. You only ban when it becomes forced overcentralization.

Not the case here, especially with percon placing so well with kirby.
I don't assume anything. Banning MK is a risk we're willing to take to improve the metagame, as the other alternative includes inherent stagnation

Top Bottom