• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GtaN Brawl General discussion thread! -Wait, did the title change?

-Culex

Smash Apprentice
I read your post and Samus was an example, try others If Samus ain't for you. Ace CAN say that, but Brose beat you at Nikos. Which = Brose > SG, It's even on youtube bro.

"Get *****."

On 2 side notes, I find it jokes that your going off about MK. Also, the Ganon coming to Havoc, is ****ed up good.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Wow cool swordgard. You're totally not wasting your time here. Everyone likes you so much, and you're certainly enlightening us, you're so cool to do this for us even though we're so ignorant as to disagree with your opinion. Good work, you're truly virtuous.

Anyways, everyone planning on hitting up t10? I'll be there for sf4 and whatever smash goes down.
Cool bro for even TRYING to argue with us.

Seriously, can you even argue this simple fact:

The only reason to ban a character is forced overcentralization.
MK being the best character is also a bandwagon effect one, being the best, alot pick him up, thus statistically speaking being the best with the most players playing him he is bound to have impressive results.

However, he does not create a forced overcentralization effect, this can be seen with genesis were only 3 out of top 8 were MKs, with ally outplacing them all. This shows that it is only because alot of good players play him, and not because he is broken, or else ally wouldnt beat them, thus it must be a bandwagon effect.

If he does not create a forced overcentralization, which stands for having to pick him up to be tourney viable, then he is not broken.

pastaboy

Smash Champion
hes clearly ***** broken man, who gives a **** bout overcentrilization. hes a broken piece of ****, u can't deny facts, which you seem to be doing

swordgard

Smash Hero
I read your post and Samus was an example, try others If Samus ain't for you. Ace CAN say that, but Brose beat you at Nikos. Which = Brose > SG, It's even on youtube bro.

"Get *****"

On a side note, I find it jokes that your going off about MK.
Hmm lets see.

A) Did i seem to WANT to do this MM? No, i didnt, i was concentrated on 2 things at that point: My next match and holy vs kingace matchup. You guys wanted the match really bad, i even told ambrose. Did you see what kind of pressure i had on a match i didnt want to play in???

B) I stated on the boards that i would be only doing MMs on sunday as i suck in most MMs and they distract me. So dont call a no johns on me, i stated it beforehand.

C) I outplaced ambrose by alot at that tourney, beating people who beat him all the time. Also beating joe who took him out of the tourney.I beat silverdoc who owned ambrose too. I beat percon who outplaced ambrose so many times.

Get ***** again.

As for samus, why not try tourney viable chars. I dont know, D3? Falco? Marth? Snake? Diddy? Wario?

Oh wait, i DID, well for the most part. Its not nearly as hard as you guys make it out to be.

EDIT: Pasta, its a shame we never played, then i coulda said diddys broken cause of you : D

swordgard

Smash Hero
The question is, if A beats B in one single money match, but B placed 4th while taking out people A never took out, taking out even that person who sent him out of tourney, is A still better than B, or is it B over A . A only placed 7th. Seriously, think about it culex, if you cant decipher whos better, then your plain stupid. No offence, but you are if you really think ambroses ice climbers are still better than mine.

Whatever floats your boat though.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Dude who gives a **** about what some random in a thread that has too many pages for anyone to even follow closely. Why in the world would we decide how we play the game based on someone who means nothing.
This. Remember when team PR beat Inui + Atomsk after everyone just assumed they were scrubs? Imagine how amazing it felt for PR when that happened. I honestly hope other regions build some delusion that we're scrubs, and I can't wait to see how it feels when an Ontarian pulls a big upset against some big-name US player in the future like PR did. (Phil that means you need to make your Snake better :p)

KingAce

Smash Ace
lol dw my snake will be tourny ready in 2 more weeks
but then i can just use mk in the us haha

swordgard

Smash Hero
This. Remember when team PR beat Inui + Atomsk after everyone just assumed they were scrubs? Imagine how amazing it felt for PR when that happened. I honestly hope other regions build some delusion that we're scrubs, and I can't wait to see how it feels when an Ontarian pulls a big upset against some big-name US player in the future like PR did. (Phil that means you need to make your Snake better :p)
Heres the thing, PR was different because noone could track their skill level. Which isnt the case here. Either way, they were thought to be bad, not scrubs. Look up your scrub definition. It involves stuff like banning for no valid reason.

Overall, you guys wont be achieving anything new if you keep this mindset. People like TO joe, hype, Kingace, percon and others will keep on improving, but people like nickam who want to ban stuff because they feel its "unfair" will have a hard time getting better. Especially when his own character is known to have the advantage over another one he wants to ban techniques of(ics vs wario).

Whats gonna happen the next time you play a great MK, im pretty sure your MK metagame wont have evolved much due to him being banned. And dont tell me your metagame with other chars will be so evolved it will make up for it, as i have yet to see anyone miraculously place high at genesis from texas with some mid tier char.

swordgard

Smash Hero
hes a better player
plus his ic r better.
but as far as chain-grabbing goes, its debatable
I like your trolling.

If its not, then though luck for you. Chaingrabbing isnt what got me higher than him. But hey, its just another skill he should work on. Hes the one to blame if he didnt place higher >.<

swordgard

Smash Hero
Just curious, is this the first you've gotten higher than Ambrose in a tournament? You seem to be putting a lot of weight into your placing above him. =s
First tourney i go to in ontario, people give me the worst bracket possible because they believe im non legit despite holy saying otherwise. I have a HUGE target sign upon my back. I placed above him simply, taking out people above him on the PR. I was consistent losing only to holy, no random loss in the winners or losers brackets.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Important Smash News Update: My IC's CG execution is the best in Ontario (probably Canada). Get at me XD

Swordgard I've read all of Sirlin's works, probably a hell of a lot earlier than you ever heard of him. I've drifted through different tourney gaming communities since Starcraft. There's a lot of ways you can use the word scrub, I call my brother a scrub when he forgets his house key.

First tourney i go to in ontario, people give me the worst bracket possible because they believe im non legit despite holy saying otherwise.
Stop repeating this same stupid excuse. No one at Niko's was bad - there was no such thing as a not hard bracket at Niko's.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Important Smash News Update: My IC's CG execution is the best in Ontario (probably Canada). Get at me XD

Swordgard I've read all of Sirlin's works, probably a hell of a lot earlier than you ever heard of him. I've drifted through different tourney gaming communities since Starcraft. There's a lot of ways you can use the word scrub, I call my brother a scrub when he forgets his house key.
Alright, then the way I and most of the smashboards use scrub is usually reffered to as someone who bans stuff for no reason other than he doesnt like em and honor and stuff.

Either way, inui said it in a way to imply that they were bad since it had no link with any sort of ban/honor system.

swordgard

Smash Hero

Stop repeating this same stupid excuse. No one at Niko's was bad - there was no such thing as a not hard bracket at Niko's.
How is it an excuse, i beat everyone whom i played in bracket but holy. However, when you look at kingace's side of the brackets, their results turned out much worst overall.

TO joe 5th.
Me: 3rd
Holy:2nd
Silverdoc:5th
Ambrose:7th

On the other side:
Percon:4th
Kingace:1st
Nickam:7th

I dont blame kingace and whoever did the bracket, but that shiz was messed up. Dont tell me it was balanced, look at it.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
There's truly nothing more to say on this matter.
Don't feed the trolls. Also lol at triple post, aren't you not even allowed to do that?

Once again, who's hitting up T10?

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
It just a group of individuals from the street fighter scene, who run the biggest (pretty much) tournament for canadian fighting games. I'm unsure on if anyone from the scene has stepped up to host brawl though, I would do it... but I'd really appreciate not having to run a tournament again this time.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
There's truly nothing more to say on this matter.
Don't feed the trolls. Also lol at triple post, aren't you not even allowed to do that?

Once again, who's hitting up T10?
After my epic execution fail at Pownz today I'm probably going to take a break from SFIV until I get my stick lol. I've been going to so many tourneys in the last 2 months and with the long drive it's getting tedious (and expensive)... I'd like to hit up T10 but I might just take a break.

Still can't believe I can't make it to Havoc because of a friend's shotgun wedding -_-

Teh Future

Smash Master
The only thing you guys are accomplishing by banning MK is Isolating yourselves from EVERYWHERE else because no other respectable regions will ban him until the SBR does, which will never happen. If you want to make bad characters tournament viable, then you're going to have to ban like the top 1/4th of the cast because they all **** the majority of the mid/low tiers.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
After my epic execution fail at Pownz today I'm probably going to take a break from SFIV until I get my stick lol. I've been going to so many tourneys in the last 2 months and with the long drive it's getting tedious (and expensive)... I'd like to hit up T10 but I might just take a break.

Still can't believe I can't make it to Havoc because of a friend's shotgun wedding -_-
so you just proved what ive been saying all along with the whole its easy to pick up a character bull****? thanks

and sorry to hear you did so poorly,but hey theres room to improve,and holy **** i have no idea how you travel so far all this time,id get sick of it after like a month lol

swordgard

Smash Hero
so you just proved what ive been saying all along with the whole its easy to pick up a character bull****? thanks

and sorry to hear you did so poorly,but hey theres room to improve,and holy **** i have no idea how you travel so far all this time,id get sick of it after like a month lol
Why do you have ics avatar again? XD

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
If we know how to play against MK now we'll probably know how to play against him 6 years from now. There isn't that much left to develop for that character.

It's my understanding that until very recently Phil only ever played MK at tournaments; he still maintained #1 on our PR for over a year, he's not going to magically get bad by not playing MK for a while.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699

What did I prove? I don't get it. I said I went almost dead even with 2 experienced "S Tier" character players using my "B Tier" character who I've never used in a tournament.

The only room left for me to improve right now in SFIV is to buy a stick lol. After that there will be plenty of room to improve but until my response to a predicted Tiger Shot is Ultra (the right response) instead of omgwtfEXfallingsky there isn't much I can do...**** 360 pad lol.

I actually am getting kinda sick of it - that's what I was saying when I mentioned I kinda want to take a break. Since I'm pretty much always the only driver too that makes it even worse lol.

Top Bottom