• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GtaN Brawl General discussion thread! -Wait, did the title change?

Patches

Smash Master
Most likely. Assuming have the money. For example, I can start a sleeve somewhere, and then every state can add to it.

And yeah. I want to travel.

In other news. I'm back from the hospital. Took longer than expected. But ill send you the replays tonight.

:phone:

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Hey guys. I talked to Tin man last night about this and he said there may be some interest so I am gonna post it here.

AB is thinking about having a multigame tournament that will include smash. There will be a $200 starter pot with pay outs all the way to 5th place. Initially it was going to be on the same weekend as CoT5, but that has changed and will be hosted the weekend before. I know travelling is very expensive, especially twice, but to my understanding going to CoT5 isn't costing you very much.

I have interest from BC as well. All hypotheticals, this could turn out to be a lame AB, 11 man tournament, or it could be something good. I'll probably get a thread up soon (after finals), but I am just seeing what kind of interest there is.

Patches

Smash Master
If I have the money to throw, and tickets are cheap. Ill go. That's the only way I can go though. So meh.

If MK is there though, ill work my *** off to get there. Mortal kombat is my new lover.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Hey guys. I talked to Tin man last night about this and he said there may be some interest so I am gonna post it here.

AB is thinking about having a multigame tournament that will include smash. There will be a $200 starter pot with pay outs all the way to 5th place. Initially it was going to be on the same weekend as CoT5, but that has changed and will be hosted the weekend before. I know travelling is very expensive, especially twice, but to my understanding going to CoT5 isn't costing you very much.

I have interest from BC as well. All hypotheticals, this could turn out to be a lame AB, 11 man tournament, or it could be something good. I'll probably get a thread up soon (after finals), but I am just seeing what kind of interest there is.
I'll mention other games.

MK9, MvC3, SC2, SF4 and probably more. Most will also have a starter pot I think.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
SC2? BALLLLLLAAAA

There's def interest Alphicans, it's just about the money for now.
This venue is absolutely sick.

40 CPUs

20+xboxes, around 10 ps3's, 6 wii's (all of these include tvs) + anything we bring ourselves. Probably one of the best places to host anything major.

Patches

Smash Master
Is there anyway they can turn this into a national?

Edit: I think GTA should put money together for me to go since this is like... A week after my birthday, and ill be turning 19. <3

Alphicans

Smash Hero
What do you mean? You can't just turn something into a national... People coming from all over the nation makes it a national. If lots of people come from BC and the EC, then this can be a national, but saying "THIS IS A NATIONAL" doesn't make it one.

Patches

Smash Master
I know. I meant like.. Is there any possible way it can be hyped up like a national? All it sounds like right now is a really expensive venue. Like... I dunno. I just want to see this big.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Well a thread will be up wednesday. I am trying to hype this everywhere in Canada. You can count on lots of hype for every other game, but hype for smash will only happen if lots of attendance from all over happens.

Good starter pot + epic venue should be a good start for hype.

-Googs

Smash Lord
I don't think megabus goes west. If you guys find another way as cheap as megabus depending on my work schedule I'd come. I have some business to take care of in the west....

Tin Man

Smash Hero
These are the viable travel options.

Via Rail it (gonna take an *** load of time tho. 2 days 1 way lol)
Plane
Drive (longer than via rail 1 way prolly).

All 3 options are hella expensive.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Rail is way more expensive. It's for people who want to see the whole country. Not a good option.

Flying can be semi cheap. As little as $400 round trip. That's not bad tbh.
Driving would be a total *****, and unless you all sleep in the car will probably be more expensive than flying.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
lol how the eff is a $400 plane ticket to go play in a videogame tournament considered cheap. thats ridiculous

not to mention if people are gonna fly then itll be really hard to schedule two planes at the perfect time on the same day, theyll have to schedule it another day meaning theyll need housing.

swordgard

Smash Hero
lol how the eff is a $400 plane ticket to go play in a videogame tournament considered cheap. thats ridiculous

not to mention if people are gonna fly then itll be really hard to schedule two planes at the perfect time on the same day, theyll have to schedule it another day meaning theyll need housing.
He meant its cheap for the distance cover, 400$ is cheap for what you get for it. Of course, if you spend it to play in a videogames tourney, then you better have so damn good incentive because even if its cheap for what it should cost, its still 400$.

Iliad

Smash Lord
well technically anyone coming from EC is going to win the tourney, so we'll just have to raffle who will go so that way no one wastes money on a plane ticket.

Alphicans

Smash Hero

yeah I know lol. $400 isn't cheap, but it's cheap for flying. I am not expecting a bunch or if at all any people from EC to come down, but it'd be pretty hype.

Housing shouldn't be a problem, and this would probably be a two day tournament as well.

well technically anyone coming from EC is going to win the tourney, so we'll just have to raffle who will go so that way no one wastes money on a plane ticket.
Side bet $100, if it was just you who came you wouldn't get top 5 at our 10 man tournament.

Top Bottom