• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Greatest Melee Tourney Since Brawl Came Out: Results

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Me and Jman live two blocks away from each other so I got home at the same time he did, lol. I'm definitely gonna do shoutouts later. Eggm's Boat all dai!!!

R3N0

Smash Lord
I don't believe any money was added but, there was a venue fee so I'm assuming all of the pot went to the players..

---fun time everyone shoutouts to come later.. =0

Pritch

Smash Lord
Why would you add more pictures when you've already obviously added the best one (Colbol and Hbox).

Looking back we should have named our team "eXbox"

Shoutouts to come.
I got top-tier team naming skills too, what can I say?

Now I just need to stop spotdodging so much.

Exarch is too good at peach dittos. Don't believe him if he tells you he sucks at them. He lies.

Falcon's u-air is the best move in the game.
This man speaks the truth. Falcon uair-only ffas are too good.

This tournament was amazing. So glad melee is still alive and kicking. Waaaaay too many people to do shoutouts for now. I'll do some later. Maybe.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
Shutouts @eggz, one day man..... one day
@fullmetal you are a beast man keep getting better.
@Kage much love, your ganon is so broken
@Iori you fuking rock, all m2 action.
@wobbles nice meeting you man, good advice about being campy it helped.
@sleepy for making the stay there all the more awsome
@gerbil work on your can skill son
@everlasting it's over 9000
@sliq nice slide, knocked over everyone
@pb and j nice wobbles man <.>
@j man good job you really earned it, my m2 is still better tho.
@reflex your bowser is very mean/nasty, I always enjoy your company.
@slim you should've wanted it more
@shai Dear blood ! @_____@
@eggm leave us low tiers alone
@kwan you will never take me alive
@The upside down face crew was destined to win it all don't forget.
@hungrybox nice rest at the end man, I should've had you
@Fork girl thanks for the motivation :093:
@Green mario you was owning wobbles gg
@Dp nice matches dude you really impressed me
@Chaddd thanks for bringing my keys you rock
@C you are good but just no match for m2.
@ram thanks for the complement on the aladin pants
@drumerboi 2nd seat 2nd seat
@everyone else Thanks for giving smash meaning again

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
M2K vs Jesusfreak? friendly

Tape's done, but i forgot that my capture card is weird and doesn't record sound unless i do something specific. i'm recording the sound now. if you guys want certain matches up immediately without the game sound, just tell me and i'll put the music of your choice.

i guess.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Yeah, it sucks Gimpy wasn't there. Reflex was there though and we fought in about four Bowser ditto matches. His Bowser is good and the matches were fun but mine is too good, lol.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
sleepyk those shirts are too good lol

EDIT: i was on the first page lol i just wanted to subscribe to the thread

uhh bowser dittos are ******** and i'm sure that reflex dj nintendo and anyone else who uses him efficiently can tell you that as well haha

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
*travels 10 hours for a 110 man melee tournament*

*travels 30 minutes for a 200 man brawl tournament*

god....

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
*has more fun at the melee tournament*

*lol, barlw*

mmm, cake.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Respawn bench convos were too ****ing good.

SUPER SMASH BROS RPG!!! Battle with the new overhauled system! Active time turn based fighting!!

*bing!!*

-Mewtwo charges shadowball-

*bing!!*

-Mewtwo fires shadowball-

^^^CRITICAL HIT!!!^^^ -72hp

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
i like cake

congrats to the top 5 everyonve esle :(

too bad LA couldnt go Lee atleast would have made brackets jonwu taylor and ricky would had a shot at brackets, i would had fun playing good people from other regions..... were just now starting to play melee again so next big melee tourny we will try to rep LA we're way to underground except for lee
and we have a secret prodigy kid who could be the one to take down mew2king after we train him for a year.., be ready its being kept on the dl shhhhh

Zone

Smash Champion
Lambchops is a pillow thief. True Story.

EDIT: Well only for the 8 hours that he slept on it lol

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
Ok to start off: IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED HUNGRYBOXING THEN YOU HAVEN'T BEEN ALIVE!!! for those who stayed for a third night at the venue they know what I'm talkin about. Ok for big thank yous:

Big thank you to the guys who hosted and helped put this awesome Melee tournament together I had tons of fun not counting the tournament when my controller broke lolz ;_;.

Thank you dentedglass for picking me up from the airport and driving me to Wally World when my controller and for letting me use your controller and just for bein cool lol I really appreciate it man.

Thank you Smooth Criminal for driving me to the airport to get back home and for bein cool.

Thank you Kage for sellin me that controller. I think I like it better than my previous controller(the one that broke -_-). And although you ***** me in our mm I still had fun you're Ganon is sick I mean bubonic plague sick lol, keep it up.

Thanks to that lady who was in charge of the venue for letting all of the abandoned people stay at the venue for a third night seein as how the 5-0 pulled the gay card and pulled some of us over for having an overloaded car full of people -_-. But that night turned into one of the best nights I've ever had, playin hungryboxing with hungrybox, colbol, and Eggz that **** was epic.

shoutouts to all of the technical foxes who played at the tourney, you know who you are

nice1- you have a solid Sheik and Fox. I apologize for bein a horrendous teammate but as you already know the dilema I couldn't do the best I could

nicaboy - Nice Peach. The next time we play though I will totally overwhelm you with my tech skill and Peach will no longer be my kryptonite =P.

Nes Noob - I like your Falcon good ****. I wish I could have played your Pichu more I think you left off with a win xD.

ihavespaceballs - Nice Samus and Falcon. And thank you for checkin out my controller to see if it was fixable I really appreciate it and I hope you put the good parts to good use. I forgot I wanted you to swap the bottom half of my controller for my broken one lol guess I'll have to do it myself now xD.

Iori - Really nice Mewtwo, wish we could have played more if you don't remember I was the guy who played you towards the end of the tourney, the green Fox. But yeah till we meet again.

Eggz - Shane it's about time we actually got to kick it lol. Good **** when we teamed against hungrybox and Colbol lolz. You're one of the most technical Foxes out there yet you keep it simple I like that keep it up you nub.

RaynEX - Your Fox is ****in wicked man. I wasn't expecting too many technical Foxes at this tourney, but you're ridiculous with it man fun matches we'll have to do that again soon. Nice hangin out with you at IHOP and at the venue and ****.

Wife - Crazy Peach but you already know that lol. Fun mm your Falco's good too.

Plank - Happy birthday again lol! Sucks you didn't get far in the brackets I was rootin for ya, you're sheik pwns. Oh and fun mm.

Marsfool - Lol man you're too funny, fun matches man we'll have to play again soon I'll go Luigi again so you don't have to play my Fox =P.

Keta - Sorry for not rememberin you from FC your Marth is the ****, and fun matches at the Georgia tourney.

hungrybox - Nice jiggly you ***** me good in pools I think after I played you I really stopped tryin lol. Don't get discouraged from unknown yellin at you, he doesn't really mean it he was just caught up in the tourney atmosphere and jiggly's are gay lol. But you're jiggly is good and good **** for placin fifth. You got mad story tellin skills and hunryboxing skills and that's why the game is named after you lol.

Colbol - Congrats on 5th I definitely want to play your Fox sometime should be pretty interestin if I don't get nervous playin you lolz. It was nice hangin with you and hungrybox after the tourney and playin some hardcore games of hungryboxing we gotta do that **** the next time we meet.

Shane's friend(Fletcher I think?) - Haha man you are a ****ing pimp. I thought I was good with women but **** you gotta show me how you did it LOL. It was nice hangin with you your Marth is good, keep playin with Shane and I won't be able to beat you lolz.

For anyone I played and forgot about, I apologize. I'm sure we had tons of fun playin.

And apologies to everyone I played in pools. I played like **** thus not giving you an entertaining time but please understand that the controller that I came to the tourney with was broke which means I couldn't play my Fox as technical as I wanted to play him plus the controller I did use didn't allow me to do even some of the basic things that shouldn't even need thinking to do. So yeah the next time we play I guarantee you, you won't be disappointed.

Whew that's it for me now I'll just wait till someone includes me in their shoutoutz xD.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
ok long list lets see

dogy all im going to say is ihop lol

reflex is stupid lol your run quick across the street lol

colbol- fun matches im surprised i beat you a couple of times good **** though

blackpanther-holy **** crazy techs with fox more friendlies next time funpools your too much fun.ps more fox tech vids with you i watch them

nice1-sheik dittos are lame your a ***** your my friend and say my name right lol peace out a town down. im still better in b ball than you

nesnoob-YOU ARE AN IDIOT MAN lol fun stuff like me sandbaggin 6am in the mournin. good falcon you
are america

dp-nice mario your cool and our beastly team of mario and luigi is too raw teams at the next tourney fo sho i cant believe we beat colbol and hbox like 5 times lol

jx31-cool as usual they cant handle are marth and peach team lol good stuff your gettin better keep it up

spaceballs-i finaly beat you although not samus i won lol good **** go to the moon

mars-way too much i owe you see you in like a week

chudat-might not remember me but u r really nice thanks for the frienlies in teams you and hats are good

planrik-spellling sorry great sheik and fox fun fun fun

wife-man you one of my idols and to get you down to a stock lol i feel good i wish you won instead of mewtwo king lol i hope to beat yoy next time

more on the way when i remember more

ps person on the right is the greastest game ever

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Will there be a sequel?

I haven't played Melee since Brawl came out anything more than FFA's between classes, but I sure as hell wouldn't mind driving all the way to Georgia for something like this.

Especially if Mike G comes again. He's my fav Peach player of all time.

Kwan

Smash Cadet
lol I 2-0'd Jman in pools, and didn't make it out. Must have been chanelling someone fierce to pull that off...

Exarch - so sorry about the police thing. at least now its a funny story to look back on... Was awesome seeing you again
Iori - I demand rematch. mewtwogood
nite - fun matches
nesnoob - funny matches
SleepyK - i want those shirts. was awesome seeing you again. marth FFA was enlightening.
Eggz - MM me with bowser?? lol. Everytime i play you, you introduce yourself as some noob...
Eggm - falco vs DK. thx 4 ****.
Plank - love playing ur sheik. **** good matches.
reno - thx for showing me a thing or 2 about marth. was good playing you again.
chad - i HAD you. thats my matchup... too good
M2K - thx 4 ****
Wobbles - dk vs ic hurts. ic dittos were fun
Jman - Hope to play you more often
N64 - thx for letting me sleep here

This tournament was awesome. thx for hosting it.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
Ian: 3 donkeys, 2 nails, and a secret passage. Thanks for helping me stay awake. I really appreciate it.
LOL **** yes np

So I got back from GA at 2 PM yesterday, but I just woke up LOLOL

anyways.

Shout outs

Bronson and Benny: Sucks you guys didn't come. oh wells.

Derf: Sleep johns, wtf?

Exarch: Wow, we had some hillarious times in the car, a few good friendlies, and then some decent ones. The car was the best though rofl. ggs man.

Eggz: lolololol. This guy is too good at taps. We didn't play either, wtf? bull****. Fun times man. see you at FAST1

Eggz pimp friend(Fletcher?): LOL, most amazing story at a tourney ever. Must be told at every tourney. We didn't really play or talk much, except when we were randomly talking about how pro you are lmao.

Juan: 5th place, gj man. Now your going to place 5 at every big event, and 3rd at every other event. :D

ColBol: We didn't play much either, other then the few friendlies at exarchs. My fox is getting better, rite?

Chu dat: your friendlies rule makes me lol. your shenanigans M2K the whole 2 days of the tourney were ********. rather then getting random bad smashers at tourneys to be friends with m2k, call up mtv, and make them hold a show called "friends with Jason Zimmer", where you get random non gaming people to be try and be friends with Jason. see what I did there? LOL We have to play at FAST1.

Fork Girl: Thanks for helping me get food :)

Sleepyk: I want mah shirt!

PRAC, ARES, ALPHA, AND CARTER: THANK YOU FOR HOLDING THIS AMAZING TOURNEY FULL OF WIN. YOU GUYS SHOULD DO IT AGAIN AT A BIGGER VENUE <3(this shout out was not seen in this thread. for shame)

RyanEX:Holy **** hes amazing and chill. You can't not be cool with this guy. Hes hillarious, didn't play me, and needs to come to FAST1 with my bagged milk lmao nice seeing you dude

Guy from canada whos good at yugioh: I forgot your name, but I never knew there could be a smasher whos good at yugioh, AND knows dale/lazaro. pretty sweet dude. coming back into yugioh will be hard for me, obv, but I can do it. See you at Indy 08 rite?

m2k: good games mang. I beat your Falco so I'm good now rite lulz

Chops: this man is amazing. there is a reason nobody c0ck mm'd him you know. they'd get destroyed. nice talkin with you mang. didnt play you, but oh wells. and its cool that you didnt do so well here mang. everybody has a bad tourney, and this was yours. house me for linguinis tourney would ya?

Barry: HOLY **** how could I forgot you :( I don't know what happened dude. Tired johns I guess. WHY WEREN'T YOU HERE? :D

moar shoutouts soon.

this tourney also broke the record for most attractive girls at a tourney rofl.

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Lolz Ian thanks for forgetting me in your post. I appreciate the love. You better have tired johns behind that one or I'm destroying you the next time I see you, both in real life and in smash. Other than that, great job FL.

Top Bottom