• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Fox Interview Topic #11.5 - Uzi [ASK QUESTIONS]

Zhamy

Smash Champion
I'm sure you've all seen The Interview Topic, which covers all the big names.

Why not do it for our boards? Sound like a good idea? We'll probably run through most of the regulars and then it'll die and we'll just archive the threads. So you guys throw questions, they throw answers. Assuming they're willing. Sound good?

Feedback, then I'll ask around to see who wants to do it. If you'd like to be interviewed (I probably forgot a few people), go ahead and give a heads up in this thread, but warning you ahead of time - you might be laughed off. Yeah. Go.

EDIT: I know I've gotten really lazy with this thread lately, but if you want to fix it up, feel free. I just don't care that much about formatting for something casual like this.

---

Interview #1 - R00kie

Our first interviewee is none other than 718_ROOKI3. He's from New York (where they actually DI!), places well in tournaments, and has produced two combo videos: Too Legit To Quit and SSBB Melee Status. R00kie is a dedicated Fox mainer who keeps it real.

Throw out your questions for him! They don't have to be necessarily related to Smash - ask about who he is, what he likes, how he got to where he is now and how Smash ties in. These interviews are as much about getting to know the community as it is about Fox and the metagame. Shoot.

Interview HERE.

---

Interview #2 - Samboner

Next up is Samboner, famous for his skill on WiFi with Fox. Besides placing well online, he has live tournament results to back up his name, and continues to keep his Fox polished and well-developed. Definitely not a force to be messed with.

Fire up your questions and shoot them this way; Samboner's ready to answer.

Interview ishere.

---

Interview #3 - Moogle

Not just a Final Fantasy character, Moogle is a lesser known Fox - a shame, because he's good. In fact, he's so unknown that I don't have an interesting biography to write about him.

But that's what these interviews are for - ask away; he'll answer.

Interview is here.
---

Interview #4 - Pgh-M@v-Pgh

Next, we have our very own M@v, who hails from the EC. His Fox is nothing to laugh at, although he's gotten lazy around the boards and has been slowing down his posting lately. M@v is also a dirty ******* who plays Falco, Lucario, and Peach, but we'll forgive him for that.

Shoot.

Interview is here
---

Interview #5 - FenrirVII

FenrirVII is one of those guys that's always around but never posts. Hailing from Florida, he's one of those strict believers that Fox is better than where he is now. Ask away, kiddies.

Interview is here

---
Interview #6 - A6M_Zero

Hahahahahaha he's from Canada hahahahahahahahahahaha

Ahem.

Interview is here

---

Interview #7

Lightning93 with 95 questions aks;df;kalsdk;a

Yeah, it's here

---

Interview #8

TO Joe is some Canadian guy. Oh yeah, he also plays Fox.

Read to your heart's content.

---

Interview #9

Where did you go, Champ?

---

Interview #10

Definitely one of the best Foxes around, despite not having as much experience as some - presenting Zeton.

Interview is here.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Wow Zhamy I am honored to be added to that list! I look forward to an interview =3!!!!!

+rep for Zhamy if these boards had a reputation system!!!!

A6M Zero

Smash Ace
IMO, the list should be (in no particular order)

Fenrir
Rookie
M@v
Kheldar
A6M
Lightning93
Snowballbob33 (This selection as a result of my rusty wifi Fox getting beaten solidly).

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
O noes, every one wants a spot in the interview thread.

:p

I'm not asking cause I **** sure know that I don't know as much as I should about the true form of pro play, as in going to tourny's.

But i still like this idea. Could be interesting getting each persons individual perspective on the game, or just having someone answer stupid questions.
x3

A6M Zero

Smash Ace
Nobody on these forums deserves to be in the primary interviews except for those mentioned by Zhamy and me (except Marsulas, I <3 Marsulas). Maybe Samboner if we feel like having somebody to talk about abusing lag and button delay as a crutch for lack of honest talent.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Forgot him; thanks. I figure interviews won't be based entirely off of "who has the best fox," but also if you're a huge contributor to the community.

clowsui

Smash Legend
@ Oreo: if you're not a top Fox player then obviously you don't deserve to be interviewed? I'm not trying to take shots at you I'm just saying that I honestly don't think you deserve to be on the list of interviewees if you're not winning anything yet. I haven't won anything which is why I don't go around posting tournament results and "Ask clowsui threads" or anything of the like; not to say that you do but rather I haven't done anything like ask to put my name up on a list of famous Foxes

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
I recommend the order of:
Rookie
samboner
Moogle
M@V
Fenrir
As a starting base and then going on to others.

My reasoning for this is you want to interview those who aren't already strongly tied to the Fox boards community. M@V/Fenrir are closely tied to these boards, but Rookie (although he's been better about contributing recently), samboner, and Moogle are some names recognizable to others from outside the Fox boards who will also be more interesting for interviewing as we don't already know them well.

And don't let this degenerate into "So-and-so isn't good because they don't win tournaments, blah blah."

Any more discussion about that in this thread will get you hit with flaming. Keep the bashing out of here.

A6M Zero

Smash Ace
eww...I'm strongly tied to the Fox boards community? I hate most of you (three of you). And all this time I thought nobody noticed the useful information strewn throughout my flaming and satire.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Moogle and Sambon-who? Just kidding, Samboner is a fine guy. Thanks for that.

Rookie
samboner
Moogle
Fenrir
M@v
D1
Kheldar
A6M
Lightning93
Toronto Joe
NKB

That's the order I'll go in for now, barring any changes.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
POST QUESTIONS BELOW

Xiivi hates us, so yeah. Questions below; I'll organize as I go along.

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
well, might as well start this off with a classic interview questiom.

How long have you been playing smash, and how long after playing it did you decide to get pro at it?

crifer

Smash Lord
Fox has a lot of moves, mostly dair and fair which can deal a lot of damage.
How do you generally try to get the percentage up? like from 00-40/50%,
50 to 100% ? Do u try to get them in the air?

Who is your favorite Fox player?

M@v

Subarashii!
off-topic questions

Fav bands/kind of music?
What are you doing right now in life(School/college/work/etc.)\
Favorites hobbies?

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Rook here is the question on everyone's mind. Why do you want your Fox to play like mine?

Lol but all seriousness, what tactics do you believe are the best ones to use with Fox? Situational aside. Like an in general consensus of moves that work on the majority of the match ups.

Gotham7

Smash Apprentice
First off, I am amazed by your edgeguard game it is the best I've ever seen. My question is do you sometimes find it difficult to compete with Fox considering his tier level or do you ever counterpick against a cheap character like Pikachu? If so, what character do you use?

Also, could you explain how you do your throw off the edge to dair to shine combo so well? Any tricks or tips to keep in mind when doing it?

Top Bottom