• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Captain Falcon Q&A Thread

yeah but the falcons MUs just say not in his favor because he cant approach and he has to approach so it the same basic thing. the only impossible MUs are MK, marth, peach, wolf(IMO), G&W which isnt too bad but it still sucks. These boards are a little dead at times.

Sorry forgot about Olimar cause I don't play any. And my reasoning for wolf is that he can just shine counter any move we throw at him. Falco on the other hand is really hard but not impossible. Besides the chain grab to spike he doesn't really have a reliable way to kill you under 150. Wolf can do that a lot earlier with d-smash and reflector gimps. If the wolf and falco MU is going to change every falcon needs to get good with combo #34. By the way what is the pikachu MU cause I found out the hard way that falcon get chain grabbed to like 80.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Sorry forgot about Olimar cause I don't play any. And my reasoning for wolf is that he can just shine counter any move we throw at him. Falco on the other hand is really hard but not impossible. Besides the chain grab to spike he doesn't really have a reliable way to kill you under 150. Wolf can do that a lot earlier with d-smash and reflector gimps. If the wolf and falco MU is going to change every falcon needs to get good with combo #34. By the way what is the pikachu MU cause I found out the hard way that falcon get chain grabbed to like 80.
I don't think it's to 80, but yeah it's not fun. Pika's CG isn't that good because you can only get CG'd like 3 times across SV before you reach the other side.

Always pick BF or YI, RC might not be too bad either.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Lord Pika's CG on Falcon is done with buffered Dthrows, and yes it goes to something like 80%.

Pika is quite a hard matchup because of his size, his mobility and his CG.

But I still disagree about Wolf being harder than Falco.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Lord Pika's CG on Falcon is done with buffered Dthrows, and yes it goes to something like 80%.

Pika is quite a hard matchup because of his size, his mobility and his CG.

But I still disagree about Wolf being harder than Falco.
I know that lol.

You slide across pretty far before you get regrabbed, that's why I'm saying it's not that bad. I still don't think it goes to 80 but I'll look into it sometime.

Edit: I was thinking fthrow which can go to 60%. I've never had a Pika dthrow chain me, apparently it does go to 80%.

No one said to take Wolf to YI in this thread. Why wouldn't you take him there though??

Edit: double post my bad
Don't know exactly but my guess is: camping under platform make it impossible to approach, side b travels across map not on the angle it is supposed to and kills you well enough, easier time for him to up b recover

Player-3

Smash Hero
you said too helmet

he has a ****load of side-b shenanigans on YI and they are REALLY annyoing, and the mushroom cloud things help him way more than you since his recovery is poop

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
The match-up with Wolf is just like how a man would treat a dog in reality. You kick and dropkick them multiple times until they yield or die. When a canine starts shooting you with an energy blaster, you run up to them, avoiding the bullets, grab them by the neck and smash their face into the ground.

Game set.

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
The match-up with Wolf is just like how a man would treat a dog in reality. You kick and dropkick them multiple times until they yield or die. When a canine starts shooting you with an energy blaster, you run up to them, avoiding the bullets, grab them by the neck and smash their face into the ground.

Game set.
Now thats manly
Falcon approves :falcon:

but yeah, wolf gets easily gimped

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Seriously though. Against Wolf, spam Bair. If he's on the ground, it's possible to punish just about all of his options if you space it properly. If he starts abusing blaster, rolls and smashes, Bair abuse works extremely well. Cancel the Bair into a Ftilt if he tries to roll behind you. I've been finding it extremely useful against Wolf, since a lot of them tend to abuse roll -> downsmash more than your average, spammy Meta Knights.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
how good is falcon on Lylat Cruise?

i imagine the stage tilting is considered?

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
I like Lylat.

Lylat Cruise

• Pros:
  1. Hard for opponent to camp
  2. Hard for opponent to CG
  3. Falcon can wave land here
  • Cons:
  1. Hard to AC aerials
  2. Ledge is difficult to grab

i dislike this stage so much, when i play with friends, they pick it to annoy me >.<

ok thanks, at least i know how good he does lol

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Cons :
-ledgehopped aerials can kill you if you're not frame perfect.
-the background can cause epileptic seizure attacks.

It's an interesting stage (I like the platforms) but it's also dangerous.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
We had a backroom.

Even V2.0.

There wasnt enough to discuss to keep it alive, lolz.

Top Bottom