• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Captain Falcon Q&A Thread

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
personally, depends on how serious theyre playing. If theyre just messing around ill throw Falcon paunches, but if they don't ill throw more falcon paunches :D

Yung Mei

CPU falcon for god tier, that was incredible lol

looks to me like he pivot walk or something along those lines idk

When playing a semi-serious match and not just trying to show off and show people yo moves should i adopt the wario style and just jump and dodge around and punish openings? I do find this play style boring but i get a lot of crap for playing falcon serious and I'm wondering if this is the best play style for falcon cause it seems this works the best for me.

Yung Mei

i just found out that C Falcon has a chain grab on Ike that only works if they don't DI

**** that sucks lol

Scabe

Successful Businessman
What are some ways to land the Knee? Are there any uses for it, or is it a plain bad move? What should a Falcon do when someone short hop attacks your shield and ends up above you?

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
The knee is a bad move, only uses are flub knee to gimp offstage (sometimes it can shieldstab too) and sweet knee to punish great amount of lag (like D3's up B).

Oh and sometimes Jab>jab>SHFF knee works. But only sommetimes.

And for what to do when someone SH aerials you it depends on the time you have before he can hit you again :
Long time = up B OOS
Medium time = SH Uair OOS
Short time = runaway
Very short time = stay in shield.

So it's matchup and aerial dependant.

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
What are some ways to land the Knee? Are there any uses for it, or is it a plain bad move? What should a Falcon do when someone short hop attacks your shield and ends up above you?
The knee is a bad move, only uses are flub knee to gimp offstage (sometimes it can shieldstab too) and sweet knee to punish great amount of lag (like D3's up B).

Oh and sometimes Jab>jab>SHFF knee works. But only sommetimes.

And for what to do when someone SH aerials you it depends on the time you have before he can hit you again :
Long time = up B OOS
Medium time = SH Uair OOS
Short time = runaway
Very short time = stay in shield.

So it's matchup and aerial dependant.
Wow thanks alot teluoborg. That was really helpful and totally answered my question.
Sounds like a bad infomercial.

apparent

Smash Rookie
Hello, everyone, I noticed many styles and colorful MBT shoes gradually appearing in the street. Then I search it on Google, I found MBT shoe is very useful for our health. MBT shoes can shape your body and active your muscles, also can help you to lose weight. So how to benefit them? In my opinion, buying cheap MBT shoes and discount MBT shoes is the best choice to enjoy MBTs. Almost everyone choose buying MBT discount online with free shipping, that is worthy, strongly recommended. All in all, in MBT sale store, buying MBT discount shoes is perfect way to enjoy benefits and make you and all your friends around you healthier. Action now.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Hello, everyone, I noticed many styles and colorful MBT shoes gradually appearing in the street. Then I search it on Google, I found MBT shoe is very useful for our health. MBT shoes can shape your body and active your muscles, also can help you to lose weight. So how to benefit them? In my opinion, buying cheap MBT shoes and discount MBT shoes is the best choice to enjoy MBTs. Almost everyone choose buying MBT discount online with free shipping, that is worthy, strongly recommended. All in all, in MBT sale store, buying MBT discount shoes is perfect way to enjoy benefits and make you and all your friends around you healthier. Action now.
u mad.

10chars.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Well, you see sir, people around here actually hook car batteries to their nipples while wearing metal clad boots, spandex and a helmet in order to look stylish and stay healthy.

ACTION NOW!

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
shut the **** up

Yung Mei

Seriously speaking, C Falcons DACUS is pretty good imo. ive been using it in matches for the last 4 days, and its basically hit and killed more often than his Hyphen smash.

C Falcons DACUS>Hyphen Smash

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
Seriously speaking, C Falcons DACUS is pretty good imo. ive been using it in matches for the last 4 days, and its basically hit and killed more often than his Hyphen smash.

C Falcons DACUS>Hyphen Smash
Falcon DACUS = Hyphen Smash - Range

how is less range good unless you... "try to mindgame"

or something

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Falcon DACUS = Hyphen Smash - Range

how is less range good unless you... "try to mindgame"

or something
Falcon's Hyphen Smash can't be done out of a shield or an initial dash, bro. Plus it has a habit of occasionally missing the second hit because he goes too fast. The DACUS's less range means that it has a better chance of connecting both hits, and also a better chance of connecting the first hit since it can be done from a stand still and out of shield.

Yung Mei

falcon's Hyphen Smash Can't Be Done Out Of A Shield Or An Initial Dash, Bro. Plus It Has A Habit Of Occasionally Missing The Second Hit Because He Goes Too Fast. The Dacus's Less Range Means That It Has A Better Chance Of Connecting Both Hits, And Also A Better Chance Of Connecting The First Hit Since It Can Be Done From A Stand Still And Out Of Shield.
^this^ :)

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Falcon's Hyphen Smash can't be done out of a shield or an initial dash, bro. Plus it has a habit of occasionally missing the second hit because he goes too fast. The DACUS's less range means that it has a better chance of connecting both hits, and also a better chance of connecting the first hit since it can be done from a stand still and out of shield.
Hyphen smash can be done out of initial dash, actually changing the timing between dash and Usmash changes the distance you slide. Bro.
Of course hyphen smash can't be done OOS, but neither can DACUS (only JC Usmash can). Unless you're talking about shielddrop > usmash, then both are possible.

For the "hitting with first hit but missing with second" part, it's called aiming. It's not that difficult to time your hyphen so only the second hit lands.

And really, you don't want to land both hits. The first hit of Usmash is so easy to SDI it's not even funny.

So Hyphen smash > Dacus.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
in most cases i would prefer DACUS over hyphen smash anyday

but not with falcon

i don't really like either that much unless i want to break into someones bad zone really fast.

in that case, hyphen smash does a good job spacing both hits away from eachother making the overall hitbox larger and that provides a cover over you as you head in

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
My question here pertains to the Pit v CF matchup. I am looking for some good CF players who hopefully are not completely biased and have some Pit experience.

Long story short: This is so I can finally complete all of Pit's matchups with detail and some precision. I have been storing all the matchups in a document where I can update em at will.
So the question is who are those Falcon players who could help me out with the matchup?

You can get me on AIM, MSN or PM around here if you are willing to help me out, and I'll appreciate the help.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
lol go away admiral ***

just plank and spam arrows till like 300% and then tilt BOOM u ***** falcon easy **** lolz

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
And that's the biased trash I am not looking for. I want actual details on the matchup, and not no 1-line stuff.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
And this tells me bout the matchup in details HOW? Practically nothing. This is why I prefer smarter and less-biased ppl for these type of discussions, and now more specifically, not from ppl like you. Then again, I couldn't rely on Falcon players mostly for help because of this, and sorry for the stereotype, but prove me wrong.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
lol i probably know the most about c.falcon on this board (after 2knee, p3 and darx BUT STILL) and im just gonna say that the advice i already gave you is good enough now stop moaning and go play wifail

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
There's a difference between knowledge and biasedness, and your info fails and is rejected from what I want. Why am i even arguing with such an annoyance?

Top Bottom