• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Captain Falcon Q&A Thread

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
lol i probably know the most about c.falcon on this board (after 2knee, p3 and darx BUT STILL) and im just gonna say that the advice i already gave you is good enough now stop moaning and go play wifail
lol
i don't doubt it though
you know your ****

Pit has a huge advantage to begin with right at the start of the match because of his projectile which he can controll

and he has a tremendous amount of pritority

however we often put pit in places he doesn't want to be in
and we punish pit quite a lot

thats all im gonna say for now

peace

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
65-35. Pit's advantage.

Pit owns falcon, but other characters own falcon even more. (making it 65-35. Pit's advantage.)

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I actually agree with 2Knee on the ratio.

Pit's options > Falcon's options.
Pit's camping > Falcon's {nonexistant} camping.
Pit's range > Falcon's range.
Pit's priority > Falcon's priority.

There's a few exceptions, but as a TL;DR, that's what we're looking at. Pit is generally better and has the ability to gimp Falcon extremely hard with arrows too. Even though we can gimp him just as hard, it's not nearly as easy getting an edge over Pit as he can over Falcon.

tekkie

Smash Master
where can i find information about the sheik/zelda matchup? is there a matchup thread with information in it anywhere?

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
Like, it's common knowledge and stuff. But when Ally does it, it's new, **** and awesome work.

Ah well.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
The grab release on Ness? I haven't seen anything about it before. But I haven't played many good Ness' with Falcon, so I wouldn't know. It's usually just been "I **** them" or "They **** me". Ness is one of the few match-ups with Falcon that I'm lacking any real gimmick knowledge on.

In the sense that I get ***** by a Ness, I just go ZSS and molest their faces with my thighlordz. olol.

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
Does that work on Lucas as well? The grab release shenanigans affect them equally right?

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
The grab release on Ness was discussed several weeks back by Darx or P3. Its pretty awesome :D

The grab release does not work on Lucas as he tends to escape farther away than Ness.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Several weeks ago? It must have been during the time I was inactive because I haven't seen **** about it. Nice work, whoever found it out, though. I actually find that pretty helpful since Ness is a ****.

**** that ***** in the ***, *****.
Yeah.

Makaveli tha Don

Smash Apprentice
If we can pull off a knee, we can probably pull a Nipple Spike off the ledge.
I guess so. I think the knee has a better chance at killing though.

And since it sends the character horizontally, that means the character will also have to recover horizontally, and falcons horizontal edge guard is better than his vertical one.

Oh, and did we ever have a superlative thread for the end of 2009? When I left I said i would be back for superlative but i didn't really get a chance to be active again.

If not, then i wanna make one.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I guess so. I think the knee has a better chance at killing though.

And since it sends the character horizontally, that means the character will also have to recover horizontally, and falcons horizontal edge guard is better than his vertical one.

Oh, and did we ever have a superlative thread for the end of 2009? When I left I said i would be back for superlative but i didn't really get a chance to be active again.

If not, then i wanna make one.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=214153

Makaveli tha Don

Smash Apprentice
I don't think SH knee oos is gonna work well

I don't like holding a sheild against him just because it eats it really fast.

If you get caught in it, SDI.

Im thinkin, if you have a sheild pulled up,

then try to spot dodge and then sheild grab after he's done or something

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
i kinda wanna suggest Rolling behind Gaymanwatch, and follwing up with grab/Tilt/AAA, but it doesnt seem very reliable

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
I'm thinking f-tilt would have enough range if the GaW spaced well, and be fast enough, but I dunno. I'm a massive scrub

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I'm sure Ftilt will work just fine. You have close to a full second before the final hitbox of G&W's attack comes out. Ftilt out of shield should work.

Player-3

Smash Hero
can't knee him if he spaces it

can uair though
personally i would sh ac dair him b/c it is usually more fresh + refreshes + 16%+ you jump over the landing hit and stomp him in the ground

afaik you can anyways

Top Bottom