• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Captain Falcon Q&A Thread

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
I mean Falcon. Whether he can escape or not, by the opponent having more height than him and Falcon lacking momentum for his Falcon Dive (although he can use it again), Falcon is not in a good situation if an opponent techs Falcon Dive.

Tenki

Smash Hero
..?

I was hanging on the ledge, wall tech-jumped, and got a free counter attack before Falcon could do anything.

I plan to use this in Falcon dittos eventually lmao.

I mean, I landed Sonic's B-air since he didn't have any other aerial knockback moves, but I'm pretty sure I could have landed a Knee if I were Falcon. Or a D-air if I were MK. Or a spike if I were DK, or a F-air if I was Charizard. Or -

Player-3

Smash Hero
..?

I was hanging on the ledge, wall tech-jumped, and got a free counter attack before Falcon could do anything.

I plan to use this in Falcon dittos eventually lmao.

I mean, I landed Sonic's B-air since he didn't have any other aerial knockback moves, but I'm pretty sure I could have landed a Knee if I were Falcon. Or a D-air if I were MK. Or a spike if I were DK, or a F-air if I was Charizard. Or -
an up b if you were wolf

RjPunch

Smash Journeyman
Okay I didn't want to make a new thread for this it's called the manly challenge. Here is what to do
1.You must watch the 1st, 4th, and 15th eptsode of Hamtaro
2.Then you must watch the entire 2nd movie(Opening and credits)
3. Post back if your are still manly or not

BTW, I just lost the... Challenge. what you thought iwas going to say U lost the Game?

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
also, i quit brawl. i suck at being good at brawl and melee. if im good in one, i suck bad in the other. melee's more fun to me anyway.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
Bummer, man. Yeah Melee is pretty awesome. I'm going to try and get into Guilty Gear at some point during the summer.
i play brawl+ too, but im not liking it because their ultimate goal of balance seems like they are making characters more broken.

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
i play brawl+ too, but im not liking it because their ultimate goal of balance seems like they are making characters more broken.
Yeah. I'm a skeptic because I'm not sure I trust the smash community to make a balanced and fun video game. I'd rather leave it up to the professionals. Not to say Brawl + wouldn't be fun, I haven't played it. But Melee and Brawl are awesome, so I'm gonna play those and not hack my Wii.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Yeah. I'm a skeptic because I'm not sure I trust the smash community to make a balanced and fun video game. I'd rather leave it up to the professionals. Not to say Brawl + wouldn't be fun, I haven't played it. But Melee and Brawl are awesome, so I'm gonna play those and not hack my Wii.
lol professionals

*points at MK*

Dxkid

Smash Apprentice
well i heard that there was a CG on MK(i might be wrong) and i came to read a thread about it

but i cant find it can someone help me out

pl0x :D

Player-3

Smash Hero
5/16/09 Brawl Singles Results:

1: BigLou
2: Player 1
3: Reflex
4: Kismet
5: Desu
5: Scat
7: The Pirate
7: Dynomite
9: Turtle
9: Umby
9: Wizzle
9: Six
13: Random Marth Guy
13: Albino
13: Roderick
13: Zom-B
17: Red
17: NeoX
17: Stick
17: Fenix
17: Diablo
17: Antics
17: Player 3
17: James
25: Link Queen
25: Melow
25: Billy
25: GTR
25: KingK
25: Sir-8
25: FourLeaf
33: Myles Goldring
33: Jacy Goldring
33: TF

5/16/09 Brawl Teams Results:

1: Iron Klutz (Reflex and Kismet)
2: Shoryu 2 Shoryu (BigLou and Desu)
3: Pirate and the Ninja (The Pirate and Zom-B)
4: My Partner Has Swine Flu (Ninja and Red)
5: Why Can't We Do This in Doubles (Dynomite and Billy)
5: My Spoon is too BIG (Wizzle and Sir-8)
7: Mega Kneeples Squad of Man Power Force (Fenix and Player 3)
7: GoldRings (Myles and Jacy)
9: Off the Top at 93% (Albino and Umby)
9: Panic Strike (SmileX and Melow)

5/16/09 Melee Teams Results:

1: Dan and Sleepy K
2: Soft and Full Metal
3: BigLou and Desu
4: Rayku and Zom-B
5: We Camp for FARTS (Dynomite and VietG)
5: Team Yes
7: Reflex and Kismet
7: MetaKnight (Diablo and KingK)
9: Umby and Albino
Yup.

i dont care that i only got 17th

i ****ing 2 stocked a MK player in a tourny set with falcon

**** YEAH
MY LIFE IS COMPLETE

... then i got biglou and he ***** me so hard i had a child in about 5 minutes

then i got ZOM~B and we had some really close matches, but he got me in the end with a crazy *** mine to utilt
snake
:(

I 2 STOCKED A MK IN A TOURNY MATCH WITH FALCON

WOOLOOLOOLOOLOO

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
oh guys, im re-learning brawl falcon since i ***** in doubles earlier. o.o i think melee can help me in brawl, but wifi messes with both. so i wont play wifi anymore

Player-3

Smash Hero
im learning melee falcon, and i pulled off a triple knee on a REAL LIVE PLAYER

and for some reason im still playing bralw

Iwan

Smash Ace
So Praxis (one of the top players in WA and arguably the best peach player on the west coast), just so happens to secondary falcon. :)....annnd, he IM'd me with something he found, not sure if it was new or not.

It's utilized on norfair (a good CP for falcon imo).

Basically, there are two mid level platforms on norfair. If you stand on the inner edge of the left mid level platform, and falcon kick...you'll make it to the other platform, but for some reason keep sliding across the entire platform

Once you get to the edge of the mid level platform on the right side of the stage, you can hold back to auto-grab the ledge.

Sounds nifty, eh? Maybe this can be done on other stages, but I'm not sure.

PRAXIS FOUND THIS.
not me :p

Praxis.
Not Iwan.

Praxis found this.

Unless it's already been found, which is sort of why I'm posting it in here before I make a new thread about it. Is this already known? Has it been found already, or is it new?

lordhelmet

Smash Master
oh guys, im re-learning brawl falcon since i ***** in doubles earlier. o.o i think melee can help me in brawl, but wifi messes with both. so i wont play wifi anymore
Me and Darky-Sama are ****** the doubles with double Falcons.

It's priceless reading their responses after beating them with double Falcons.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
Falcon is way better in doubles imo. Lol I played with a Jigglypuff and we would grab>rest and grab>sh justice. And Iwan, that's pretty cool- do you slide after the animation is over, or does the animation last longer? On wifi, half the time I use FK on Norfair, it like buffers a platform drop and I sd or hit the lava, I'm mostly done playing online too Skip.

Iwan

Smash Ace
Falcon is way better in doubles imo. Lol I played with a Jigglypuff and we would grab>rest and grab>sh justice. And Iwan, that's pretty cool- do you slide after the animation is over, or does the animation last longer? On wifi, half the time I use FK on Norfair, it like buffers a platform drop and I sd or hit the lava, I'm mostly done playing online too Skip.
It's weird, there's still the animation but it looks strange i guess. I mean, you're still falcon kicking and there's still flames, but it lasts super long, which doesn't look right.

Seems useful for camping/running away on norfair though. Get a hit, falcon kick across the stage straight into invincibility frames, rinse, repeate anyone? Praxis mentioned this as a cool (gay) tactic to use on Norfair. Awesome :)

Praxis said he already won a match against Valdens using it. ROFL. xD...I guess I'll make a new thread a little later. Or I'll just let Praxis make it. :)

ALSO, Player-3, that's awesome you finished 17th. That's not bad at all dude, considering you two stocked a metaknight xD

I just get this feeling I'm going to get bracket ***** at Tourney Play -_-

At least I'll get some awesome practice in while I'm up there. I'm housing with Eggz...and check out who else will be housing with us:

Western WA
C!Z
Silent Wolf
EoGrim
MrB0jangle
Eggz (his house. duh)

Eastern WA
Maos
Chief Kamaji
brdy
Deva
Chip

British Columbia
Dieslow
Noobking
Daltsy
Blunted_Object
Dynamism

Montreal
Kage

New Jersey
Mew2King

Oklahoma
Kosmos

I mean. I'm pretty hyped. Maybe I can get a ton of vids to post up when I get back :D....i hope. xD

Blahblahwutever

Smash Journeyman
ON TOPIC ALERT:

are there any grab release combos on characters?

some (dunno if true combos):

mk?,wario,falco,fox,ness,lucas:

grab>pummel>air release>buffered dash>usmash

grab>pummel>air release>buffered dash>up b

grab>pummel>air release>buffered down b

grab>pummel>air release>buffered side b

and hopefully on wario (not tested yet):

grab>pummel>air release near edge>buffered walk off edge>
KNEE!!!!

i might start a new thread

it could help falcons greatly

*pushes random guy off cliff*
"you must
recover buffer!"

:)

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
im learning melee falcon, and i pulled off a triple knee on a REAL LIVE PLAYER

and for some reason im still playing bralw
lol yeah I was playing melee randomly with a friend 'cos we got bored of brawl and I pulled off a double knee against my friend...(not as epic as your triple knee)
Knee is too good in melee...

Iwan

Smash Ace
ON TOPIC ALERT:

are there any grab release combos on characters?

some (dunno if true combos):

mk?,wario,falco,fox,ness,lucas:

grab>pummel>air release>buffered dash>usmash

grab>pummel>air release>buffered dash>up b

grab>pummel>air release>buffered down b

grab>pummel>air release>buffered side b

and hopefully on wario (not tested yet):

grab>pummel>air release near edge>buffered walk off edge>
KNEE!!!!

i might start a new thread

it could help falcons greatly

*pushes random guy off cliff*
"you must
recover buffer!"

:)
I already made a thread about starting to test grab releases on every single character in the game, but I decided to go to Tourney Play in Seattelish, WA...so I wouldn't be able to actually test until I got back.

You can make a new thread if you want :)

Winnar

Smash Lord
Hey guys I just finally got internet set up at my new house so on the agenda is to fix that video thread like I promised.

I also have my capture card so I might possibly start working on that combo video, though I'll probably wait until after the big tournament I'm going to (LasT Smash 3) where I'll try to get as much falcon recorded as possible :D

Oh snap I might even set up a live stream if I can figure out how to do so.

RjPunch

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys I just finally got internet set up at my new house so on the agenda is to fix that video thread like I promised.

I also have my capture card so I might possibly start working on that combo video, though I'll probably wait until after the big tournament I'm going to (LasT Smash 3) where I'll try to get as much falcon recorded as possible :D

Oh snap I might even set up a live stream if I can figure out how to do so.
you're going to last smash . I'll see you there. If you can't find me I'll be doing something stupid

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
I don't want to double post in my own thread...
But discussion of Brinstar has now begun in the Stage Discussion thread. Battlefield had a pitifully low turn out. Please come and throw your two cents in for Brinstar discussion.

ChibiPichu

Smash Journeyman
If I had my Wii connected to a television screen that worked, I would try and work a little harder on that Falcon Kick stat Guide again
I've been gone too long... it's gone :(

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Hey Everyone,

We are looking to get your feedback, your thoughts, and better understand you as a member of our community.

Please take a minute to fill out this brief Survey.

Click Here

Thanks! And as a added bonus one ultra lucky grand prize winner will receive 1 Billion Pride Points Paid out in High Fives (Ok haha, this may or may not happen but yeah do the Survey)

Iwan

Smash Ace
checking out the survey Xyro

and guys, I'm making a highlight video that probably won't be finished for a while, but do you guys think the song "go speed racer go" is a good fit for falcon?

My little video editing genius mind is thinking of tons and tons of wonderful knee synch ups with the chorus and whatnot........oh goodness......

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
which speed racer? there's the old one the movie version the original and like a few for the few cartoons that were made
depending on which depends too link us to the audio/youtube

Iwan

Smash Ace
which speed racer? there's the old one the movie version the original and like a few for the few cartoons that were made
depending on which depends too link us to the audio/youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khUwWF-MbY8

Ignore the cheesy video that I highly dislike. Also note that I have an MP3 file that doesn't have the sound effects from the movie (i.e. cars whurring and tires squealing)....and also has way better audio quality.

Yes?
No?

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khUwWF-MbY8

Ignore the cheesy video that I highly dislike. Also note that I have an MP3 file that doesn't have the sound effects from the movie (i.e. cars whurring and tires squealing)....and also has way better audio quality.

Yes?
No?
Yeah, that one's good but for the rap/pop parts with the chick you'd have to edit the video so its slightly faster, or if you can keep everything in sync props to you. ^_^

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
Okay guys... someone verify this for me.
Is Falcon Dive from grab release on Jigglypuff a true combo? I was messing around in training, and I don't have a human to practice with. Someone let me know. It seems like it could be, and that would be awesome.

Top Bottom